OT - HOU Interviews Louis Riddick For GM

msadows

Liked Posts:
Laughing at your ignorance, because all of the places you listed are much more attractive options to a potential GM hire. Jax would be the highest on the list.

Uhh, no, no they aren't.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
And @nc0gnet0 don’t act like Flint isn’t a thing. Fact is both franchises have to either have a good team in place or pay top dollar to lure anyone in

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
They are only in cap hell for one more season.

Not sure how any of your complaints have merit.
where as the other locations are in cap hell for 0 more seasons..... and will have a higher draft pick....

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And @nc0gnet0 don’t act like Flint isn’t a thing. Fact is both franchises have to either have a good team in place or pay top dollar to lure anyone in

Lol, my argument has been that Chicago isn't any better. Not sure what Flint has to do with it, but if you want to throw out random Michigan towns can we add Traverse City, Harbor Springs, or Grand Rapids? Makes about as much sense. Bringing Flint into the conversation makes about as much sense as bringing Gary Indiana into it (in terms of proximity)

And no, your wrong. Luring FA has as much to do with the coaching staff and the players they will be playing with. What top end FA WR is going to want to come to Chicago to have Mitch the Bitch Turdsky throwing him the ball in the snow in a ancient open air stadium in December?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ahh, yes they are.

No one wants to live in detroit. You literally had two of the GOAT's at their position retire because they didn't want to play for your team.

Sorry, but detroit isn't a destination. Not saying chicago is all that, but detroit is a fucking joke.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Lol, my argument has been that Chicago isn't any better. Not sure what Flint has to do with it, but if you want to throw out random Michigan towns can we add Traverse City, Harbor Springs, or Grand Rapids? Makes about as much sense. Bringing Flint into the conversation makes about as much sense as bringing Gary Indiana into it (in terms of proximity)
I’ll agree Indiana is even worse. My point was you guys got in a pissing match about a better place to live, zero free agents are considering that when considering IL or MI. No reason a GM should even factor that in. It’s about situation and money

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ll agree Indiana is even worse. My point was you guys got in a pissing match about a better place to live, zero free agents are considering that when considering IL or MI. No reason a GM should even factor that in. It’s about situation and money

I agree.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one wants to live in detroit. You literally had two of the GOAT's at their position retire because they didn't want to play for your team.

Sorry, but detroit isn't a destination. Not saying chicago is all that, but detroit is a fucking joke.
Actually, your a fucking joke at continuing to bring this up. But nice try, nice fail, again.

last I checked Barry Sanders is with the team.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Lol at calling the Bears a “big market team”. That hasn’t meant anything in 35 years. Has anyone in any sport signed with Chicago because Chicago? You had ring chasers with Jordan, ring chasers with the Hawks, the Cubs and Sox have a combined 2 championships in 100 years. @msadows

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This must be part of @msadows #PaceForPrez campaign

LOl, well, that is because having the old GM fill the team president role would make Chicago an even more attractive destination for a GM.

You can't make this shit up.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
LOl, well, that is because having the old GM fill the team president role would make Chicago an even more attractive destination for a GM.

You can't make this shit up.
The fact that you’re a lions troll and I 100% agree with you says it all.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Meatballs think he's good because they see he worked in an NFL front office and is on TV.

Thats really it.

Not saying he won't be good for whatever team hires him, but even his mocks are hit or miss.

His reading of talent in the "pro" side of things left a lot to be desired too.
You said it better, thank you

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He's the next Mike Mayock.

Sounds smart and knowledgeable when he talks, especially next to Griese. Fans seem to like him. Pundits love him. Loves talking about the game. Plays into the conversation, whether it be X's and O's, mock drafts, talent evaluation, technique, etc.

Most of all, espen puts a camera on him and a lot of people watch because usually there's only 1 game on Monday, not CBS vs Fox primetime.

I agree. Take away the cameras and take him away from MNF trio--is he the same candidate/hot name? Fuck no he's not.
He is not getting a front office job because he was on ESPN. He got a job on ESPN because he had experience in a front office.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yes, because anyone that works for the Lions is contractually obligated to live in Downtown Detroit. I see you took a double dose of stupid pills this morning.

The Bears are largely seen as the worst of all the GM positions that might possibly available this off season.
An aging, overpaid D with bloated contracts and no escape in the foreseeable future (Quin/Mack/Fuller)
No Qb, and not enough draft capital to pursue one.
No Cap space
Shit O-line
The only decent WR you have won't be able to pack his bags fast enough
One of the worst stadiums in the NFL (but hey Bears Footbaw)
GM job has nothing to do with the stadium.

D doesn’t need a tear down and rebuild.

The offense needs a lot. O Line rebuild and that pesky QB position. And then better skill position. But that’s a little easier when one side of the ball is pretty solid.

Quinn can go. Danny T long in the tooth. Pretty good shape otherwise. Need some help as always but not a rebuild in any way.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
He is not getting a front office job because he was on ESPN. He got a job on ESPN because he had experience in a front office.

He was also a player.

He's been out of the league/front office circles for 8 years now.

And has already been pointed out in this thread alone--his "assistance" in some of the guys Philly acquired during his tenure was not good at all.

ESPN giving him the platform to speak during MNF (like Mayock with NBC) is changing that entirely. One year ago at this time, nobody knew who the fuck Riddick was and he wasn't a name for NFL GM opportunities.

Now he's the hot-to-trot name. How would you explain that?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
GM job has nothing to do with the stadium.

D doesn’t need a tear down and rebuild.

The offense needs a lot. O Line rebuild and that pesky QB position. And then better skill position. But that’s a little easier when one side of the ball is pretty solid.

Quinn can go. Danny T long in the tooth. Pretty good shape otherwise. Need some help as always but not a rebuild in any way.

You need a QB, and have neither enough cap space or draft capital to get one. Strike one

Your O-line is shit. Strike two

No skill position players on offense worth a dam Strike three

But lets not stop there lets keep swinging.............

Bear in mind that is only with 35 players under contract.

You have 120 mil wrapped up into your D FFS, with nearly 60 mill wrapped up in Fuller/Quinn/Mack. And no, Quinn can't go, it would cost more to cut him than it would to keep him. Fuller or Hicks (if not both) are gone.

Allen Robinson? most likely gone.

Fuck, Bears don't need a GM, they need a magician .

A new GM wants to be able to come in and make changes and shape the roster, not be stuck in crisis management for two years before he can construct the roster to his liking.

That is what makes the Jacksonville job so compelling...............

2-1st round picks (with #2 overall)
2-2nd round picks
a high 3rd rnd pick

65 mil in cap space with what could be a banner year for FA vets (because teams like chicago will need to cut players do to the reduced cap).

Last edited: