OT: JR Smith Trade Revisted

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Looking back at the deal from 3 years ago how do you still feel about it? I understand that we didnt get back nearly enough for him in the deal but with all that has been going on your not all upset that we didnt keep him did you? Look at what he has done in the past 3 years? He killed a man driving recklessly, went to jail, fought with his coach on numerous occasions, started a brawl in NY, and now twittering in gang language. Can you imagine the Chicago papers having a field day if he were on our team? I know they would. Its sad because he has talent but he is just a big dick who if it werent for basketball would no offense be in jail.

More controversy surfaced after his release. The Denver Post reported there were posts on Smith’s Twitter page written in a way commonly associated with the Bloods street gang. It was reported that Smith, who since has shut down his Twitter page, wrote words with a “C’’ that were replaced with a “K’’ and, if the word contained both those letters, the “C’’ was removed.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Losing JR Smith as a player, I was disappointed. Losing JR Smith as a person, I'm completely fine with it.

Mike

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
More controversy surfaced after his release. The Denver Post reported there were posts on Smith’s Twitter page written in a way commonly associated with the Bloods street gang. It was reported that Smith, who since has shut down his Twitter page, wrote words with a “C’’ that were replaced with a “K’’ and, if the word contained both those letters, the “C’’ was removed.

Absolutely. Could you imagine if one of our players pulled something like this? I mean, sure it's not photographic evidence (like him throwing up a gang sign, or something equally preposterous), but it's definitely enough to convict him, right? I don't see how anyone can root for a team that featured a player like that.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Wasn't sad about losing him then & am not sad about it now. I remember Mark being really pissed about the trade when it happened to which I responded, "Do you seriously think a guy like Smith will ever see the floor on a Skiles team?" The answer would've been "No" but Pax was smart enough to ship the guy off for Howard Eisely & a couple draft picks. I think JR is very talented but unfortunately he's one of those pampered straight outta HS stars that's been told everyday since 6th grade how amazing he is & that has helped his ego grow to astronomical proportions. He needs a good hard smack upside the head, Madea-style.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
he's an athelete, not a mentor. i'd be okay with him being on the roster. he's better than pargo. he played really well against the lakers. i havent heard of any chemistry issues with his other teammates. we could have gotten alot more for him. we should have gotten alot more for him.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
When he was a rookie I was watching NBA training camp on NBS TV. JR Smith was relaxing while players were working their asses off, he looked at Darrell Armstrong and said do we really have to be here at 8 am every morning? from that point on I knew he was going to be a **** up.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...lug=aw-smithnuggets081109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Something needs to change. He knows that.. He’s 23 years old. He’s entering the second year of a $16.5 million contract. He has an important job for an NBA contender. He had a lot of time to think about it in July, alone with his thoughts, his life, in a 6-by-9 prison cell at the Monmouth County jail. Twenty-four days in protective custody – 23 hours a day in the cell – as punishment for reckless driving in an auto accident that killed his best friend, Andre Bell.

“I deal with it every day,” Smith said. “…Every time I look at my daughter, I think of him.”

why is that? Is he the real farther or something?