OT: Krause, Bartmann, Marriotti, Gorchez & Hollins

Liked Posts:
Jerry Krause. Steve Bartmann. Jay Marriotti. Steven T. Gorchez. Hue Hollins.

All names that send most Chicagoians into an instant rage.

But you know people? We've maintained the animosity and the ill-will towards these people for far too long and I feel the time has come for us to forgive and forget.

Why are we so mad at these guys for so long?

The Bulls were a mess when he left but they've made it back into the playoffs and had the greatest 1st round series ever and not to mention built two dynasties...the Cubs probably STILL would have lost that game whether or not Moises made that catch...Marriotti says some things that can really get under our skin but he's been known to whip out a good column once or twice a decade...Gorchez got carried away with Hinrich but I'm sure he's a nice guy and a family guy...Hollins made one bad call but has made more than a thousand good ones ever since...

I don't know...life just seems far too short to stay mad at these guys.

Mr. Krause...Mr. Bartmann...Mr. Mattiotti...Mr. Hollins...

You are forgiven and forgotten and we are ready to move on.

That felt good.

Whose with me? Let's board the love train.

P.S. I think some of you need to do the same with B-Gordon. He was mis-loved and mistreated for 5 years here. It took him this long to get paid. Let's move on and forgive him for going to Motown.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
Re:OT: Krause, Bartmann, Marriotti and Hollins

I'm not mad at Bartman because I don't care about baseball.

I can't be mad at Krause because pre 1998 he was pretty good, good outweighed his bad

I can't be mad at Mariotti because that's what he gets paid to do.

But I will never forgive Hollins - The Bulls could have gone to the conference finals or even NBA finals if he didn't screw Pippen. Maybe the Bulls win a title without MJ even who knows. I have no reason to forgive him.

Liked Posts:

charity stripe wrote:
I will never forgive Hollins - The Bulls could have gone to the conference finals or even NBA finals if he didn't screw Pippen. Maybe the Bulls win a title without MJ even who knows. I have no reason to forgive him.

Would you forgive him if he bought you a beer and sat down with you to explain what happened and if he admitted his error in judgment?

charity stripe

Liked Posts:

Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
charity stripe wrote:
I will never forgive Hollins - The Bulls could have gone to the conference finals or even NBA finals if he didn't screw Pippen. Maybe the Bulls win a title without MJ even who knows. I have no reason to forgive him.

Would you forgive him if he bought you a beer and sat down with you to explain what happened and if he admitted his error in judgment?

I don't drink, so no. :laugh:

charity stripe

Liked Posts:

Also, Gorches can go to hell.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Bartman, Mariotti, Krause, Hue Hollns, Gorches? Gorches?

The average Chicago fan has no clue who he is and half of them would probably agree with his assessments. He is not in the same category as the others. If he wrote that infamous column about a Chicago Icon like Mariotti has....that would be different but no, Gorches is not on that level.

Liked Posts:

charity stripe wrote:
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
charity stripe wrote:

I don't drink, so no. :laugh:

What about a smoothie? If he bought you a Smoothie and apologized to you for blowing that call...would you forgive Hue Hollins?

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:

+1 for frank...

i think gorches just shouldn't write basketball columns. he seemed to be a nice guy and knowledgable about other sports.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Gorches is knowledgeable of the NBA too. Just had a different opinion on a somewhat key subject from you. I think Carol Slezak,Steve Rosenbloom and my favorite, Charley Rosen shared his opinion. You don't think Rosen should write about the NBA?