OT: London Fletcher

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Retiring now at age 38, he even said "probably" retire. So it's not even a definte thing. Just watching his little part on mic'd really made me wish Urlacher kept playing another 2-3 years with the Bears. Just such a shame it ended on the note it did. Fletcher went out on his own terms and was racking up tackles again(102). Just wish Lach could've done the same.

I have to admit I partially blame Lovie for Urlacher being done. That Vikings game a few years back really, really messed up his knee. It was never 100% after that, regardless of offseason and Europe.

Either way, just had to vent. Missed Urlacher this season flyin' around.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I would use the term flying around loosely. He was a good but he has slowed down a lot and he isn't the same open field tackler he was early in his career and he would have had a rough year IMO

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I still don't get the mentality of people blaming Lovie. Urlacher didn't miss a snap of that whole season.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still don't get the mentality of people blaming Lovie. Urlacher didn't miss a snap of that whole season.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

his knee was not the same...he lost explosiveness from an injury in a pointless game.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
his knee was not the same...he lost explosiveness from an injury in a pointless game.
100% true. I knew right away when I saw the replay and his wear n tear already with his body that he wasn't going to come back like old Urlacher. His knee was bent literally sideways. I remember shaking my head and sayin there goes Urlachers 3-4 years

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Always loved London Fletcher. Undersized LB but he's had a fantastic career. He's played every freaking game since 2005. That's incredible.

electric blue

Liked Posts:
And it was Major Wright that hit Brian, Wright's always been kind of wreckless, but it is football.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Nah u guys are biting on the knee thing hook line and sinker. People thought a wrsit injury was gonna retire him. Yeah it was a big mistake to not resign urlacher and i wouldnt doubt the new dc had something to do with it. Maybe cuz he wanted a brotha to play to the position. idk.