OT: Lovie's DC, Wherever he lands...

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 7m
Wherever Love Smith lands (DET or TB most likely), look for former Vikings coach Leslie Frazier to be his D coordinator

I guess the chump suckas who want Mel fired can cross one name off the list.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Good. But someone find out who his Dline coach will be.

Why must I be Saad? Via Tapatalk

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lovie could be putting together a pretty good staff.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Lovie could be putting together a pretty good staff.

Never has, ever before. That's his greatest failing as a HC. He will screw this up as always.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14m
If he doesn’t get Marinelli MT @JasonLaCanfora: Wherever Love Smith lands (DET or TB most likely), look for Leslie Frazier to be his DC

everyone is just speculating

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Leslie Frazier is better off joining an offensive-minded head coach. He has nothing to gain by joining Lovie's staff, which is why I wouldn't put much stock in this rumor.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Leslie Frazier is better off joining an offensive-minded head coach. He has nothing to gain by joining Lovie's staff, which is why I wouldn't put much stock in this rumor.

He also doesn't have a lot of accolades to get a job like that.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
He also doesn't have a lot of accolades to get a job like that.
For years, he was a highly sought after defensive mind. Adding that with his stint as a head coach, I don't see many more DC prospects out here better than him.

If Mel Tucker can get hired last off-season, I don't see why Leslie Frazier couldn't this off-season.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
For years, he was a highly sought after defensive mind. Adding that with his stint as a head coach, I don't see many more DC prospects out here better than him.

If Mel Tucker can get hired last off-season, I don't see why Leslie Frazier couldn't this off-season.

Sought after for what? He had very constant marginal defensive back 7s in his Minnesota tenure that were rarely impacting.

He did a lot of zone cover 2 bland style that has gone out of fashion to most. He also has minimal experience doing things another way.

If a team wants a soft 2 deep zone D installed by a Guy who has never taken over and done that, they could have it. I don't see it happening.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Sought after for what? He had very constant marginal defensive back 7s in his Minnesota tenure that were rarely impacting.
I agree that he was a failure as a head coach. He's not the first or last coordinator to fail when given head coaching duties.

He did a lot of zone cover 2 bland style that has gone out of fashion to most. He also has minimal experience doing things another way.

If a team wants a soft 2 deep zone D installed by a Guy who has never taken over and done that, they could have it. I don't see it happening.
Lovie Smith has a similar defensive philosophy & he will probably be hired as a head coach soon.