OT: New Year's Day Bowls

msadows

Liked Posts:
But he also hasn't done anything to elevate him team in the second half. I don't think this game does much to his stock; he's a 50-75 type prospect imo.

I don't even see him as a top 100 prospect, but thats just me. I don't think any qb outside of trask/jones are in that 50 range.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Damn....how does daniels miss that

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Well like u mentioned the Cinn OL is being manhandled. That last pass, the DB NOT was looking when he broke up the pass. And ref didn't call it. Shouda been pass interference
That was an awful, awful throw, and it cost them the game. And it wasn't pass interference.

mecha

Liked Posts:
So does the NFL need to start a semi-pro league to draw talent.

everyone's gripping their twazzes to these first round quarterback prospects. how many of those have there been in the last 10 years that amounted to anything? how many didn't? it's cause what they did in the true fantasy league doesn't matter in the NFL. college darlings I've referred to them as. you can draft guys later and make it work sometimes probably better I'm sure. you're witnessing it with Trubisky week in and out. the Chicago Bears have ruined multiple quarterbacks going back 20 years now.

so while all the mock dickheads are beating off to the prospects of the guy they might get in the middle of the first round or talking about these batshit trade up theories, just remember they had solid talent that they destroyed.

so let's stop with the Bears could've had Rodgers/Mahomes/Watson mischief now. cause none of them were going to play the same for the Bears.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Loved to see Cincy make a game out of that vs Georgia. Ohio representin'

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
A back up LT for a group of 5 team has trouble against a great DL and you think that means the game is fixed?

I'll give ya that...but Cinn last possession, that last pass, the Georgia DB was NOT looking when he broke up the pass. He had his his back turned and just shielded the Cinn wr from the ball. And ref didn't call it. Shouda been pass interference. That was b.s

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'll give ya that...but Cinn last possession, that last pass, the Georgia DB was NOT looking when he broke up the pass. He had his his back turned and just shielded the Cinn wr from the ball. And ref didn't call it. Shouda been pass interference. That was b.s
Not pass interference. Also a very bad throw.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fickell blew that. When killing the clock, don't snap with 10 seconds left on the play clock

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
everyone's gripping their twazzes to these first round quarterback prospects. how many of those have there been in the last 10 years that amounted to anything? how many didn't? it's cause what they did in the true fantasy league doesn't matter in the NFL. college darlings I've referred to them as. you can draft guys later and make it work sometimes probably better I'm sure. you're witnessing it with Trubisky week in and out. the Chicago Bears have ruined multiple quarterbacks going back 20 years now.

so while all the mock dickheads are beating off to the prospects of the guy they might get in the middle of the first round or talking about these batshit trade up theories, just remember they had solid talent that they destroyed.

so let's stop with the Bears could've had Rodgers/Mahomes/Watson mischief now. cause none of them were going to play the same for the Bears.

...........you can draft guys later and make it work sometimes probably better I'm sure.

So is this the solution?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not pass interference. Also a very bad throw.

C'mon, bad pass or not ( the wr was being blocked)......... the the db had his back turned to the play. He never looked back. He just held his arms up. That's pass interference. I wish we had a replay, then you'd see

dennehy

Liked Posts:
C'mon, bad pass or not ( the wr was being blocked)......... the the db had his back turned to the play. He never looked back. He just held his arms up. That's pass interference. I wish we had a replay, then you'd see
I saw it, that's not pass interference. Face guarding without contact isn't a penalty in CFB.

For the pass, it needed to be thrown out in front of the receiver. The safety was miles away.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Same old Ian Book. Deer in headlights when playing big games

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Same old ND and Brian Kelly too.
It's tough to tell if they are just that overmatched talent wise or if Kelly gives them nerves. Probably both.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I saw it, that's not pass interference. Face guarding without contact isn't a penalty in CFB.

For the pass, it needed to be thrown out in front of the receiver. The safety was miles away.

Ok.... good CFB explaination. But the Db was in question wasn't "miles away". I wish we could see the play again.

This comes into play for an official on a judgment call. If the defender is making a play on the ball, some incidental contact is typically allowed. If the defender doesn’t look back, makes himself an obstacle and makes contact with the receiver, a flag can be thrown (an easy call most of the time). If the defender does not make contact, however, no flag

So if we can ever see that play again, the wr did make contact with the defender and vice versa.

Anyway....I think Ridder did what he could under the circumstances i.e. as you pointed out the 'over-matched Cinn OL' vs the Georgia DL.

Last edited:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
If ARob walks and Devonta Smith makes it to the Bears pick (very small chance), I would love that pick. Dude is a beast. I think he will be a star at the next level, and think he’s the best WR in this class, including over Chase.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's tough to tell if they are just that overmatched talent wise or if Kelly gives them nerves. Probably both.

This. He's done an admirable job but this is the best he will do. 10, 11 wins against decent teams but overmatched in big games. Of course, the athelete admission requirements would severely hinder 95% out of all coaches.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Ok.... good CFB explaination. But the Db was in question wasn't "miles away". I wish we could see the play again.

I said the safety was miles away, the guy who was over the top not the guy who was doing the face guarding. The idea was that the ball should have been throw more over the top and to the outside for an easy completion because no one was there. A well thrown ball would have meant that the face guarding player would not have been able to get anywhere near it.

So, again, I saw the play and know what I saw. You are the one who has no clue what you are watching.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This. He's done an admirable job but this is the best he will do. 10, 11 wins against decent teams but overmatched in big games. Of course, the athelete admission requirements would severely hinder 95% out of all coaches.

When you look at recruiting these days, Bama, Clemson, and OSU are usually just miles ahead of everyone else. It makes for boring football.