OT: Paul Allen Pulling A Jerry?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
In an interview with KJR Radio in Seattle on Friday, Brandon Roy said he's frustrated and disappointed with the Trail Blazers handling of his contract extension negotiations.

"I sit back and think about all the hard work I've put into my dream, excited about the opportunity to provide for my family," said Roy. "I go in knowing that I've come into the league and I've done everything I can do to get a max contract."

Roy was then asked how he felt about the negotiations.

"It's 50-50 right now. I'd love for something to get done so I can move forward and meet free agents."

Ofcourse Roy will get a deal done because Allen eventually will pay him.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
There is no reason to negotiate. You give Roy a max contract, and be done with it. The guy is amazing.

LaMarcus Aldridge is going to be an interesting one. They supposedly wanted to give him only $10 million a year. What's going to happen when Oden and Fernandez are up for extensions too?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
There is no reason to negotiate. You give Roy a max contract, and be done with it. The guy is amazing.

LaMarcus Aldridge is going to be an interesting one. They supposedly wanted to give him only $10 million a year. What's going to happen when Oden and Fernandez are up for extensions too?

I am pretty sure Oden will take any offer the Blazers give him.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:

fernandez isn't a small forward.
he's a shooting guard playing out of position.

i think he walks. he's a nice player for the next couple years, but i doubt he's there for long.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i dont think he has a choice. oden sucks.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

fernandez isn't a small forward.
he's a shooting guard playing out of position.

i think he walks. he's a nice player for the next couple years, but i doubt he's there for long.

Seems like he wants to bolt the NBA.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
he's not really making more money here under his curent contract. especially with his buyout. In europe, he's a huge star.
He actually is a pretty talented player. i like him.

i think he wanted to bolt, because he was going to have a reduced role with the addition of Turk. I dont think he wanted to be in the position of being a back up for roy.
The guy wants to show off his talents in order to gain a lucrative deal rather than fighting for back up minutes with batum, webster, bayless, and outlaw?

The last time i saw the blazers play, they used a lineup of blake, roy, and rudy at the sf. i think he wants to continue that role.