Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Think it's an argument that hasn't been had here.

I was thinking that the all-time leader in hits shouldn't be snubbed from the baseball hall of fame.

Do you think Pete Rose ever gets into the hall of fame?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
as soon as bud's gone.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;rt65UxXjj7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt65UxXjj7o[/video]

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd put him in. Same with Shoeless Joe, who I think was the better play anyways.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He was on "The Herd" earlier this morning...said he turned down both a 7-yr ban and a 10-yr ban in favor of the lifetime ban because with the lifetime ban, after 1 year he could apply for reinstatement. Said he and his lawyers looked at it as a 1-yr ban...and he's done everything they've asked him to do since and it's all fallen on deaf ears.

take it fwiw.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really don't know what baseball gets out of having Rose and Jackson banned? Rose finally copped to gambling. Jackson is long dead and even still there are questions if he was even in on the fix. He was found not guilty in court. Landis was an ass in general. What's the point of it all?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really don't know what baseball gets out of having Rose and Jackson banned? Rose finally copped to gambling. Jackson is long dead and even still there are questions if he was even in on the fix. He was found not guilty in court. Landis was an ass in general. What's the point of it all?

Because we have to preserve the integrity of the game1111111111111

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I take it as Rose having bad lawyers.

"You can go to jail for 7 years, for 10 years, or for the rest of your life. We recommend you take the life sentence."

he said later on in the interview that his lawyers didn't read over the fine print nearly well enough...but they're all dead now. :lol: He also took blame in not reading it over as well.

ChicagoBornCalifLiving

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Good points, it's Selig feeding his ego. He wants to be thought of on the same level as Goodell and Stern which will never happen. Hopefully when he hangs it up cooler and smarter heads will prevail.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think once Selig retires, he'll get a much stronger consideration. Either way, the guy deserves to be in. Anyone who says, "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball," needs to be represented in the Hall of Fame. I would be my life he isn't the only person to ever bet on baseball. Let the guy in. He deserves it. To me, what he did doesn't nearly shed as large of a negative light as this botched handling of the "steroid era" that Bud Selig has been at the forefront of.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Wait we vilify Braun for lying but not Rose????