1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
1 for 3 with a double in his MLB debut today. They are tied with the Yankees in the 9th inning so there a chance that he gets another at bat in extras.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah. Mariano happened.

Rick

Liked Posts:
If Jim Hendry got rid of him, then he was a no talent ass clown who would never be a factor at the major league level. In Jim I trust. :troll:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember how up in arms everyone was over the Cubs letting Casey McGehee go for nothing. I am guessing Chirnos is going to be a similar situation.

We are talking about a 27 year old making his major league debut this season. It could be that this guy develops into an All-Star, but the odds of him being anything special is pretty remote. As a 27 year old, in his 10th professional season, he was hitting an amazing .265/.342/.378 at AAA. Chirinos is a roster filler guy until he proves otherwise.

Rick

Liked Posts:
Remember how up in arms everyone was over the Cubs letting Casey McGehee go for nothing. I am guessing Chirnos is going to be a similar situation.

We are talking about a 27 year old making his major league debut this season. It could be that this guy develops into an All-Star, but the odds of him being anything special is pretty remote. As a 27 year old, in his 10th professional season, he was hitting an amazing .265/.342/.378 at AAA. Chirinos is a roster filler guy until he proves otherwise.

You assume too much dabs, no one here has said they were upset that Chirinos got traded.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry if I misconstrued your comments with the troll smiley. Just seemed like this thread was going to be similar to when McGehee had a really nice year a couple years back for Milwaukee. And everyone was all over the Cubs for letting him go for nothing. I've seen a few posts in talks about the Matt Garza trade that talked up Chirinos as being a legitimate prospect, and I was merely pointing out how ridiculous that notion was.

Rick

Liked Posts:
Sorry if I misconstrued your comments with the troll smiley. Just seemed like this thread was going to be similar to when McGehee had a really nice year a couple years back for Milwaukee. And everyone was all over the Cubs for letting him go for nothing. I've seen a few posts in talks about the Matt Garza trade that talked up Chirinos as being a legitimate prospect, and I was merely pointing out how ridiculous that notion was.

I was just joking about my faith in Hendry. However, I never once thought the Garza deal was a mistake. I still don't.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was just joking about my faith in Hendry. However, I never once thought the Garza deal was a mistake. I still don't.

I can't fault you in lacking faith in Hendry. I only know one person that has faith in Hendry, and unforunately that person owns the team. I don't believe you posted anything close to saying Chirinos or Sam Fuld were big pieces in the trade. I know several posters here have stated how letting guys like that go were a mistake. I guess I was just trying to get out in front of some of that with Chirinos "earning" a promotion, seriously look at that slash line I posted for a 27 year old repeating AAA.

Rick

Liked Posts:
I can't fault you in lacking faith in Hendry. I only know one person that has faith in Hendry, and unforunately that person owns the team. I don't believe you posted anything close to saying Chirinos or Sam Fuld were big pieces in the trade. I know several posters here have stated how letting guys like that go were a mistake. I guess I was just trying to get out in front of some of that with Chirinos "earning" a promotion, seriously look at that slash line I posted for a 27 year old repeating AAA.

I always thought Chirinos and Fuld were just throw-ins in the deal. A couple of guys who might be able to contribute as role players. The rockstar of the deal, to me, seemed to be Chris Archer. Now having looked at Archer's numbers this year for Tampa Bay's double-A affiliate, I wouldn't hesitate to say that the Cubs got the better end of the deal. For the moment, at least.

(post 666 by the way, you're all going to hell)

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sam Fuld will smite anyone who talks negatively about him.

111586_sam-fuld-cape.jpg