OT: RIP SI

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Damn, i havent exactly consumed a lot of SI content but still remember seeing the magazines coming in to our house as a kid. Might have swiped a swimsuit edition or 2 in my day, for research.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Martha Stewart is a good thing.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I recall one issue had Martha Stewart and then another had a trans....

Not sure people were rushing to go pick those up.
Ah, that’s why I’m seeing all the “go woke go broke” tweets.

Sad, think every sports fan of a certain age used to love that magazine back in the day

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
It really sucks seeing people lose their jobs because the higher ups were incompetent. The higher ups at the Arena Group tried to sneak in AI generated articles and A.I. 'reporters' on the SI website to generate additional ad revenue, got caught, and fired. Now the people that actually own S.I. (Authentic Brands Group) decided to terminate their rights to publish using the S.I. brand in lieu of hiring another company to run it. So the CEO and the other execs who got fired in December ended up ensuring the firing of everybody else. Awful.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It really sucks seeing people lose their jobs because the higher ups were incompetent. The higher ups at the Arena Group tried to sneak in AI generated articles and A.I. 'reporters' on the SI website to generate additional ad revenue, got caught, and fired. Now the people that actually own S.I. (Authentic Brands Group) decided to terminate their rights to publish using the S.I. brand in lieu of hiring another company to run it. So the CEO and the other execs who got fired in December ended up ensuring the firing of everybody else. Awful.

They still had some good reporters there

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised they lasted this long. TBH

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Are they just shutting down the magazine?

Does it stay online?

Is Dov Kleiman not the dumbest name you have heard?

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, it’s the end of an era…

Reactions: DC

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wonder what will happen to Peter King and MMQB.