OT: Watson Annoyed in Houston

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mack and two first for Watson? Would people do that?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
The Bears have traded for 2 high profile picks, none of which have worked out as well as they planned. The draft picks plus the money put alot of eggs in one basket.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Then, after all that, Watson would tear up his knee in a non-contact drill and everyone would bitch about how they should never have invested in a player with his injury history. The offense would fall apart but the defense would play well and the Bears would finish 8-8.

We've already had injured Qb's. It's part of the game

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The sad thing is, if you replaced Mitch with Watson against the Pack, the Bears win that game. Honestly, I was so wrong about Watson. I did not see him becoming this good.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The sad thing is, if you replaced Mitch with Watson against the Pack, the Bears win that game. Honestly, I was so wrong about Watson. I did not see him becoming this good.

Maybe, maybe not.

We still wouldn't have a defense that could stop aaron. Much better shot at beating them tho.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Maybe, maybe not.

We still wouldn't have a defense that could stop aaron. Much better shot at beating them tho.

Well, the gameplan would have had to been different, and I think it would have been with Watson. Watson is capable of winning a shootout against good teams and defenses.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Well, the gameplan would have had to been different, and I think it would have been with Watson. Watson is capable of winning a shootout against good teams and defenses.

Yea, thats not in question. Whats in question is if we would be able to stop green bay in a shootout.

That gameplan was perfect for GB.....we just didn't execute it well enough. Shit even with a perfect gameplan you still lost by 3 scores. Pathetic defensive display.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately they fired Bob.

Watson is going to remain a texan for life. No GM besides him would be stupid enough to trade away a franchise qb.

If he was there I would say there could be a serious shot of him being on the trade block in a year or two. Can't see it now. It's unfortunate because that team wasted JJ Watt's career.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Yea, thats not in question. Whats in question is if we would be able to stop green bay in a shootout.

That gameplan was perfect for GB.....we just didn't execute it well enough. Shit even with a perfect gameplan you still lost by 3 scores. Pathetic defensive display.

Far from perfect, IMO. It was ultra conservative. I agree that playing it somewhat conservative, and you know, not throwing the all 25 straight times is a good idea, but you have to open it up a little bit. They took one real shot and it ended up being a 50 yard completion. The rest of the time guys were mainly running 10 yard routes. It was way too predictable and easy for GB

msadows

Liked Posts:
Far from perfect, IMO. It was ultra conservative. I agree that playing it somewhat conservative, and you know, not throwing the all 25 straight times is a good idea, but you have to open it up a little bit. They took one real shot and it ended up being a 50 yard completion. The rest of the time guys were mainly running 10 yard routes. It was way too predictable and easy for GB

It was only ultra conservative in the redzone. We had no issues getting to the redzone on multiple trips....just settled for 3.

Outside of that, I had no issues with it. Only way you win against GB with our offensive talent is marching down the field slow and steady and milking the clock. It worked, we just didn't change it up in the redzone when the field shrank...that short shit won't work inside the 20's.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
It was only ultra conservative in the redzone. We had no issues getting to the redzone on multiple trips....just settled for 3.

Outside of that, I had no issues with it. Only way you win against GB with our offensive talent is marching down the field slow and steady and milking the clock. It worked, we just didn't change it up in the redzone when the field shrank...that short shit won't work inside the 20's.

Play calling was poor in the red zone.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't this would work out for the bears in short term for like a couple years. With draft picks taken away and Watsons salary cap hit bears would be rebuilding with him at QB for a couple years.

He just through for almost 5000 yards and 33TDs on the 3rd worst team in the league.

He would be fine here.

Also, Fuck Ryan Pace

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson annoyed Bears didn't take him when they moved up to the 2nd pick. Let's rectify this.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson annoyed Bears didn't take him when they moved up to the 2nd pick. Let's rectify this.
Seriously who trusts the Bears to pick a better QB.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why not? You shed Macks salary and get a QB1. Bears could pick next two years in a row and end up with two more TruBEARskys.
How are you shedding Mack’s salary