OT: Watson Annoyed in Houston

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would anybody follow a weatherman on twitter? Lol.
he's telling Chicago to come get him. I think there were rumors his draft year that he wanted to come to Chicago. Maybe dude really fucks with Chicago. Maybe he likes the Nagy (KC) offense. Dude not happy that Houston didn't interview Eric B. Pace has never been shy about trying to get his guy. Maybe he rights his wrongs this time and trades for Watson. That should be enough to save his and Nagy's job because I think the Bears are a playoff team with Watson. It's just this pesky salary cap that might be an issue.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Pace should've just drafted him in the first place. then all this nonsense about giving up 12 picks to get his not-guy wouldn't have to happen.

"Nick Foles is our quarterback in 2021"

you can end this discussion now thanks.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That would be messed up. Given everything that's happened, he ends up with our rival. That's worse than the 2017 draft all over again.

I wouldnt rule it out. And Stafford is from Texas. Lol. But the Lions rarely do anything right

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I wouldnt rule it out. And Stafford is from Texas. Lol. But the Lions rarely do anything right

Watson would never waive his no trade clause to go to Detroit.

They just basically wasted Stafford's entire career.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Watson would never waive his no trade clause to go to Detroit.

They just basically wasted Stafford's entire career.

good point. But Carolina, MIA and others are all good options.
Even Atlanta but I doubt they can move Ryan as well

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Ok, lets look at that record. Texans were 4-12 this year. Why was that? Maybe it was because large contracts like Watson's and Watts removed most of the flexibility in the Texan's front office and their ability to put talent with DeShaun.

Watson is better than Cutler but lets also look back and realize that we all thought that Cutler was going to be the young talent that would bring this team a Superbowl trophy and he wasn't. Watson is a better player but he is also more expensive. Not only will the Bears have to give up a lot more than we did for either Cutler or Mack, Chicago will we not be able to bring in the better free agents to take advantage of Watson's skill set nor will theyt have the draft picks to put young talent next to him if we give up all of our picks for him. It has nothing to do with Pace's ability to select talent, it has to do with the fact that if we trade for Watson most of the mid price range talent on this team will have to be let go.

I would love him in Bears Blue but rarely do you see these kinds of mega trades work out well for the team that takes the star. We have already had this happen with Kalil Mack. We all thought that he was going to be dominant for us and that the defense would be unbeatable. He WAS the best at his position when we made that trade. He hasn't lived up to expectations. Put Watson behind a shit line with the same kind of receivers that Cutler had to deal with and I am willing to bet he drops at least 1000 yards off of his year and probably will double his interceptions. That would still be decent but it would also leave us 4-12 with no chance to easily improve this team.

Watson is better than Cutler but lets also look back and realize that we all thought that Cutler was going to be the young talent that would bring this team a Superbowl trophy and he wasn't.

Looking back I was against bringing him here for 2 first rounders, not to mention Orton. As the time I said only a Brady would be worth it. And keep in mind, jay once had Forte, Bennett, Jefries, Marshall and what did he do?
I think Watson might be negotiable on contract if he felt he could win.

As for Mack...I'm happy with what he and the D has accomplished during his time here.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Ok, lets look at that record. Texans were 4-12 this year. Why was that? Maybe it was because large contracts like Watson's and Watts removed most of the flexibility in the Texan's front office and their ability to put talent with DeShaun.

Watson is better than Cutler but lets also look back and realize that we all thought that Cutler was going to be the young talent that would bring this team a Superbowl trophy and he wasn't. Watson is a better player but he is also more expensive. Not only will the Bears have to give up a lot more than we did for either Cutler or Mack, Chicago will we not be able to bring in the better free agents to take advantage of Watson's skill set nor will theyt have the draft picks to put young talent next to him if we give up all of our picks for him. It has nothing to do with Pace's ability to select talent, it has to do with the fact that if we trade for Watson most of the mid price range talent on this team will have to be let go.

I would love him in Bears Blue but rarely do you see these kinds of mega trades work out well for the team that takes the star. We have already had this happen with Kalil Mack. We all thought that he was going to be dominant for us and that the defense would be unbeatable. He WAS the best at his position when we made that trade. He hasn't lived up to expectations. Put Watson behind a shit line with the same kind of receivers that Cutler had to deal with and I am willing to bet he drops at least 1000 yards off of his year and probably will double his interceptions. That would still be decent but it would also leave us 4-12 with no chance to easily improve this team.

Watson is a top 5 QB in his prime and a win because of guy. The guy we thought Cutler was and hoped he'd turned into.

That's who Watson already is right now. And still getting better. Trading for him would definitely be expensive but its a no brainer.

Not to mention in this day and age with QBs playing well into their 40s, the window you get with him will far outlast any draft capital you lose in the next few years.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
he's telling Chicago to come get him. I think there were rumors his draft year that he wanted to come to Chicago. Maybe dude really fucks with Chicago. Maybe he likes the Nagy (KC) offense. Dude not happy that Houston didn't interview Eric B. Pace has never been shy about trying to get his guy. Maybe he rights his wrongs this time and trades for Watson. That should be enough to save his and Nagy's job because I think the Bears are a playoff team with Watson. It's just this pesky salary cap that might be an issue.
He also seems like he has a relationship with Nagy the way they bro hugged before the game this year.

If he wants to play in this KC offense that his best friend Pat Mahomes is in (like he wanted Bienemy), Nagy may give us a leg up.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That would be messed up. Given everything that's happened, he ends up with our rival. That's worse than the 2017 draft all over again.

Yeah....I'd be so pissed if Watson ended up in Det. with us never trying to make a run after him. :mad:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Watson is a top 5 QB in his prime and a win because of guy. The guy we thought Cutler was and hoped he'd turned into.

That's who Watson already is right now. And still getting better. Trading for him would definitely be expensive but its a no brainer.

Not to mention in this day and age with QBs playing well into their 40s, the window you get with him will far outlast any draft capital you lose in the next few years.

I respectfully disagree. jay is nothing like Watson. jay was a loser since after H.S. Watson has been a winner the majority of his career ( yeah...this yr was tuff, but he still posted respectable #'s)

I don't get why ppl still talk like jay was any good, going back to Denver. When he took over for Jake Plummer ( who I really liked).......Denver promptly started losing. Outside of bringing Rick Mirer here, jay was one of the worst deals we ever made.
And I said it at the time and was hated for it.

Trading for him would definitely be expensive but its a no brainer.

Agreed

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Looking back I was against bringing him here for 2 first rounders, not to mention Orton. As the time I said only a Brady would be worth it. And keep in mind, jay once had Forte, Bennett, Jefries, Marshall and what did he do?
I think Watson might be negotiable on contract if he felt he could win.

As for Mack...I'm happy with what he and the D has accomplished during his time here.
Cutler had the team in the NFC championship at least. Had the offense 2nd in points one year.
Mack and the defense hasn’t won shit. Neither trade worked out.