OT: Watson Annoyed in Houston

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I respectfully disagree. jay is nothing like Watson. jay was a loser since after H.S. Watson has been a winner the majority of his career ( yeah...this yr was tuff, but he still posted respectable #'s)

I don't get why ppl still talk like jay was any good, going back to Denver. When he took over for Jake Plummer ( who I really liked).......Denver promptly started losing. Outside of bringing Rick Mirer here, jay was one of the worst deals we ever made.
And I said it at the time and was hated for it.
You definitely misread part of my post.

I'm saying Watson is already today the elite, top 5 QB Cutler never was close to

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm saying Watson is already today the elite, top 5 QB Cutler never was close to

Cutler was coming off a prop bowl year, that last year in Denver. He was third passer in the league behind Kurt Warner and Drew Brees. No, he was not that tier of a quarterback, but THAT year he definitely was top 5.

Cutler threw for 4,526 yards during the 2008 season, third in the NFL behind Drew Brees and Kurt Warner. He also tossed 25 touchdowns while averaging 7.3 yards per attempt - modest now but not 13 years ago.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Cutler was coming off a prop bowl year, that last year in Denver. He was third passer in the league behind Kurt Warner and Drew Brees. No, he was not that tier of a quarterback, but THAT year he definitely was top 5.

Cutler threw for 4,526 yards during the 2008 season, third in the NFL behind Drew Brees and Kurt Warner. He also tossed 25 touchdowns while averaging 7.3 yards per attempt - modest now but not 13 years ago.
It was a great year for him but definitely not top 5 that year.

Cutler never had a top 5 year.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Cutler had the team in the NFC championship at least. Had the offense 2nd in points one year.
Mack and the defense hasn’t won shit. Neither trade worked out.

I'll double check ....but I think Josh McCown won some games. jay took over and lost in the NFC championship .
Our D has been ranked high since Mack has been here. The question we have to ask is what has the offense done to help the D?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

The guy we thought Cutler was and hoped he'd turned into.

That's who Watson already is right now. And still getting better.
Perhaps I misinterpreted this statement above. When I see jay's name I cringe & get pissed..... thinking of the 8 yrs we lost with him.
But yeah....I'd be onboard with us reaching an agree with Watson, IF he wants to leave Houston.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Gotcha. Well like I told BearDen....I really want young guys like u to experience it one time. It's something you'll never forget.
I thought it might've happened in 2006 but I knew we didn't have a good Qb. In McMahon, we had a good Qb.
I just want u to know the Bears u see today weren't always like this. There was a time when mediocrity just wasn't accepted.
Anyway....we'll win a SB again. And I sincerely hope you see it. ??

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gotcha. Well like I told BearDen....I really want young guys like u to experience it one time. It's something you'll never forget.
I thought it might've happened in 2006 but I knew we didn't have a good Qb. In McMahon, we had a good Qb.
I just want u to know the Bears u see today weren't always like this. There was a time when mediocrity just wasn't accepted.
Anyway....we'll win a SB again. And I sincerely hope you see it. ??
All I want is one. I don’t want to be that 100 year old bears fan who dies a year before they win one. That’s why I cheered for the Cubs a few years ago. Felt bad for the old timers.

but at this point I want a competent regime who regularly makes the playoffs because they’re one of the better teams in the league. Sucks That I only think they’re actually a good team once every 6 years.

cheers to one day swing it happen. Then I’ll be nice

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
All I want is one. I don’t want to be that 100 year old bears fan who dies a year before they win one. That’s why I cheered for the Cubs a few years ago. Felt bad for the old timers.

but at this point I want a competent regime who regularly makes the playoffs because they’re one of the better teams in the league. Sucks That I only think they’re actually a good team once every 6 years.

cheers to one day swing it happen. Then I’ll be nice

Yeah .....I know what ya mean. LOL....you hopefully won't have to wait 100 yrs. Unfortunately, my great grandma luved the Cubs, but passed away b4 the Cubs won the World Series. Some of us are lucky to have seen all our teams win Championships. Sox, Cubs, Hawks, Bulls ( u probably remember when Jordan played) even our Sting soccer team.

Here's the other unfortunate thing . When u say" Sucks That I only think they’re actually a good team once every 6 years."
You're right. Not only the Bears.
Ownership on all our teams has a formula for keeping fans paying $$$$$. And that is....... get one or 2 star players and the fans will come. It's been that way all my life. We stumble into Championships. We don't plan for Championships. :(

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has a $33m cap hit. Who is gonna take on that for Pat Stattford?
Don't know much about contracts do you?

Hint, Detroit would be on the hook for 10m of that 33 mill cap hit, that's why they call it "dead cap" ergo, he would cost another team 23 mil