Pace + Nagy’s Jobs Are on the Line Next Year....

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
And I think that fact is going to cause Pace to swing for the fences this offseason as far as the QB situation goes. Wouldnt be surprised at all if Pace trades up to take a QB in this years draft. No way Pace allows Nagy to go into the final year of their contracts with Mitch/FA castoff + Foles as QB. I really think he makes a run at a pick between #3-10 to try and draft one of Wilson/Fields/Lance. Not for the sake of buying time, but for the sake of finding finding someone who they can believe can come in and elevate the offense immediately. Highly doubt he sits at #20 and goes OL like many here are wishing as the draft is deep at tackle and you don’t need to spend a 1st rd pick to find a good one.

Discuss

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Don't be surprised if their jobs aren't on the line next year. As someone on Twitter said, if they draft a quarterback and actually look like they got the position right yet still somehow go seven and nine, their jobs will likely still be safe

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Their jobs are on the line right now

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
Don't be surprised if their jobs aren't on the line next year. As someone on Twitter said, if they draft a quarterback and actually look like they got the position right yet still somehow go seven and nine, their jobs will likely still be safe
That’s after the fact though. As of right now they know that they can’t risk hinging their futures on Trubisky and Foles. That’s what I’m saying.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if they swing and draft a QB, and the offense is finally top 10, I'd let Nagy come back even at 7-9. If the offense is still bottom half of the NFL for the 4th year in a row, I'd fire Nagy's ass even if they get bounced in the first playoff game

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
No rookie QB is coming in and doing that right away. And definitely not in Nagy’s 5 years to learn offense..:
You never know. Don’t forget just how bad Trubisky and Foles are. Just this year alone you had Herbert, Burrow and Hurts make their teams’ offenses look considerably better than the veterans they replaced. It would not take much to look like an improvement over what we’ve had the last 4 years at QB.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Last year i said this is why you couldnt have Pace back. You cant have him making any moves that mortgage the future to save his present. He did exactly that with throwing away a 4th for Foles and giving Quinn a big contract. Letting him come back this year is insane.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well, no football is being played right now so I doubt they’re jobs are on the line at this exact moment but from game 1 of next year? Yeah.
Where did you read that they are still being retained for next year?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw Todd McShay's mock draft and he had Fields dropping to 15. If Fields drops out of the top 10, I could see Pace trading up to get him. Realistically right now, I see them trading up for a Trey Lance

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Nagy has no offense. Its all convoluted bullshitt in his head... Trick plays worked for 1 year. Since he is lost. Gotta go, and Im of the belief thats what is gonna happen. Could be waiting for a assistant coach still in the playoffs.

Timeline makes since. If I was betting Id say outside the box. TOUB

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You never know. Don’t forget just how bad Trubisky and Foles are. Just this year alone you had Herbert, Burrow and Hurts make their teams’ offenses look considerably better than the veterans they replaced. It would not take much to look like an improvement over what we’ve had the last 4 years at QB.
Trubisky isn’t on the Bears anymore

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
The Bears will be start Foles

draft Oline and wide receiver and plug in cheap vets on the defense .

They will focus on building an Oline that can open up holes for Monty and protecting Foles .

If someone falls into their lap they might bite but they wont go chasing more qb drama .

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It’s extemely unlikely that happens. Even good quarterbacks often struggle or flat out redshirt their rookie years.

I also don’t think it’s a sound strategy for them to save their jobs. It’s a weak division and may get even weaker with this off-season. It’s way easier to win eleven games than it is to find a true franchise quarterback. The former happens multiple times every year, the latter maybe twice or three times a decade.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Last year i said this is why you couldnt have Pace back. You cant have him making any moves that mortgage the future to save his present. He did exactly that with throwing away a 4th for Foles and giving Quinn a big contract. Letting him come back this year is insane.
Doubt he does anything like that. He’s done a good enough job drafting that he can reasonably bounce back with a new general manager job within a few years of departing the Bears.

But if he selfishly flies the franchise into the sun in a last ditch effort to save his job it’ll be a stain on his resume and nobody will trust him again. Long term it’s a bad move and his agent has probably told him that.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Doubt he does anything like that. He’s done a good enough job drafting that he can reasonably bounce back with a new general manager job within a few years of departing the Bears.

But if he selfishly flies the franchise into the sun in a last ditch effort to save his job it’ll be a stain on his resume and nobody will trust him again. Long term it’s a bad move and his agent has probably told him that.
I usually disagree with you

This post is no exception.

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
That would be a typical Pace move. Always mortgaging the future for the present. Go look at our cap mess next year, there will always drafts so you can look better by adding more draft capital if you keep trading away current picks.