dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I do not want to see Sitton in a Bears uniform. Just look the other way Pace.

You need a red box, can someone help him out with that??

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Bullshit. You and I had it out about that very subject, prior to it happening. And me calling you out on it afterwards and you waffling.

You maybe have chosen to forget, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen and that I and possibly others remember it happening. Soooo... Yeah.
I recall debating about them signing outside help for RT not saying that, however how did the long to RT experiment go ??????

Nick80

Liked Posts:
The lady doth protest too much.

Me? Nah, you bleed to much though that is for sure. Now have a seat.

back on topic

The Packers made guard Josh Sitton a free agent on Saturday. And he’ll now possibly use that freedom the same way Brett Favre did: By sticking it to the Packers twice per year.

Sitton’s first official visit happens in Chicago, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. If Sitton doesn’t sign there, the next stop could be New Orleans.

The Bears could be looking to upgrade at left guard over rookie Cody Whitehair, who is slated to replace Matt Slauson. The primary question surely will be whether the Bears will pay Sitton what he wants.

The Packers reportedly weren’t willing to give Sitton the long-term deal he desired, which fueled the decision not to keep him for a contract year. The timing makes it harder for Sitton to contribute to another team this year, and it’s hard not to wonder whether the Packers made this decision months ago but decided to squat on Sitton for as long as possible to ensure that he can’t hurt them elsewhere in 2016.

Specifically, that he can’t hurt them as a member of the Bears, Lions, or Vikings.

Does that seem a little petty? Sure, but it was the Packers who refused to release Favre in 2008 so that he couldn’t play for a division rival and then traded him to the Jets with a term accelerating the compensation to three first-round draft picks if the Jets had traded Favre to the Bears, Lions, or Vikings.

taken from PFT

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
You need a red box, can someone help him out with that??
th

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Josh Sitton explains why he was cut from Green Bay Packers
http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Josh-Sitton-explains-why-he-was-cut-from-Green-Bay-Packers-47174602

"I was prepared to play the season," Sitton told PackersNews.com. "I have no hard feelings whatsoever. They're comfortable with who they have. They weren't planning on going forward with me.

"That's business. I'm sad to leave. I'm excited about new opportunities."

There were reports that Sitton was not happy with the Packers because he was no movement in terms of him getting a new contract while the Packers addressed other player's contracts. With the move, the Packers have three offensive linemen that will be free agents including T.J. Lang, David Bakhtiari and J.C. Tretter.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The cap isn't a big deal. Guards don't make much to begin with, and this year's pay can be in the form of a signing bonus which will have its hit spread over five years. Anyone could make enough room if they really needed to.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I recall debating about them signing outside help for RT not saying that, however how did the long to RT experiment go ??????

Derp. No shit. That argument goes hand in hand. They weren't signing a RT because Long was moving to guard.

The argument was never about how Long would do at guard. But if him not doing great somehow makes you feel better about your failure to read the obvious signs of Long moving to RT that was laid out before you, have at it.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The cap isn't a big deal. Guards don't make much to begin with, and this year's pay can be in the form of a signing bonus which will have its hit spread over five years. Anyone could make enough room if they really needed to.

He was getting 5.9 mil at GB. The guaranteed signing money can be spread out but still can be a cap issue.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Me? Nah, you bleed to much though that is for sure. Now have a seat.

back on topic

The Packers made guard Josh Sitton a free agent on Saturday. And he’ll now possibly use that freedom the same way Brett Favre did: By sticking it to the Packers twice per year.

Sitton’s first official visit happens in Chicago, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. If Sitton doesn’t sign there, the next stop could be New Orleans.

The Bears could be looking to upgrade at left guard over rookie Cody Whitehair, who is slated to replace Matt Slauson. The primary question surely will be whether the Bears will pay Sitton what he wants.

The Packers reportedly weren’t willing to give Sitton the long-term deal he desired, which fueled the decision not to keep him for a contract year. The timing makes it harder for Sitton to contribute to another team this year, and it’s hard not to wonder whether the Packers made this decision months ago but decided to squat on Sitton for as long as possible to ensure that he can’t hurt them elsewhere in 2016.

Specifically, that he can’t hurt them as a member of the Bears, Lions, or Vikings.

Does that seem a little petty? Sure, but it was the Packers who refused to release Favre in 2008 so that he couldn’t play for a division rival and then traded him to the Jets with a term accelerating the compensation to three first-round draft picks if the Jets had traded Favre to the Bears, Lions, or Vikings.

taken from PFT

Remember when you told people to take shit to PM and then you failed to take your own advice? Fun times.

Or did you think you was just talking to the voices in your head?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If the Bears do sign Sitton, I imagine the OL would look like this shortly.

Leno
Sitton
Larson
Whitehair
Massie

Long on IR.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
If the Bears do sign Sitton, I imagine the OL would look like this shortly.

Leno
Sitton
Larson
Whitehair
Massie

Long on IR.

Very well may be an option/scenario

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Sign him and go from there.

Don't let having a 2nd round draft pick who you want to play at LG get in the way of signing an All-Pro LG.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Remember when you told people to take shit to PM and then you failed to take your own advice? Fun times.

Or did you think you was just talking to the voices in your head?

Don't see anything wrong with my post tbh, it's bang on topic. I'd say your epeen is getting hurt is all that or you just can't let it go. Like I said, take it to my pm or my wall as you're boring me now.

Cheers!

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Don't see anything wrong with my post tbh, it's bang on topic. I'd say your epeen is getting hurt is all that or you just can't let it go. Like I said, take it to my pm or my wall as you're boring me now.

Cheers!

Hypocrites gonna hypocrite

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Derp. No shit. That argument goes hand in hand. They weren't signing a RT because Long was moving to guard.

The argument was never about how Long would do at guard. But if him not doing great somehow makes you feel better about your failure to read the obvious signs of Long moving to RT that was laid out before you, have at it.
if that's true post the thread if not stfu. I am not going to debate he said she said stuff that was over a year ago. back on topic please