Packers Cut All Pro Guard Josh Sitton

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If you sign Sitton where do you play him?

All pro LG, but the Bears have their highest offensive draft pick there for hopefully the next several years. Do you move Whitehair to C or to the bench and lose a year of his development?

Do you put an all-pro LG at C where he would be a big upgrade to Larsen (moving him to backup OG), but he would also be not playing at his best position?

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
If you sign Sitton where do you play him?

All pro LG, but the Bears have their highest offensive draft pick there for hopefully the next several years. Do you move Whitehair to C or to the bench and lose a year of his development?

Do you put an all-pro LG at C where he would be a big upgrade to Larsen (moving him to backup OG), but he would also be not playing at his best position?
Move Whitehair to center. Probably the best position for him long term anyway.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont see this happening unless Sitton will accept back up role. We are set at gaurd imo. If he can play center then sign him.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Don't agree with that being his best position long-term. I think LG is. But I can accept that move. Are we done with Grasu? I know he has to come back from a major injury, but I still have hope (and I think the Bears could too) for him being the C of the future. Obviously, having 4 good interior linemen isn't a bad problem to have though.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Well he is visiting the Bears so there is a good chance the Bears will not let him out of the building.

Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter
With money Bears are giving Kyle Long and possibly Josh Sitton, Chicago could have NFL's priciest and best G... http://es.pn/2bVCSP1

Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter
Looks like former Packers' Pro Bowl G Josh Sitton's first visit will be to...division-rival Chicago Bears, per sources. Saints could follow

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If true then this is a good sign. We'd have to overwhelm him with an offer unless K.Long has already gotten to him or who knows, maybe he has family or friends in Chicago area. Where did he play his college or even high school ball??

Just checked and born in Jacksonville FL and played ball at UCF.
He played HS ball near me in Pensacola, Fl. He runs a football camp for kids every summer here. So closest team to home is NO. Hope that is not a factor.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
You absolutely play Sitton at LG and whitehair at center,it would be idiotic to sign a pro bowl LG and play him at C.Whitehair is good enough from what i see to slide him to C and early enough that it wouldnt impede his development.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am sure stopping at Chicago First has at much to do with geography as it does anything else.

Does anyone know, with K. Long's injury, would player center this year be easier or harder for him?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

long term it may be but whitehair playing center as a rookie is a mistake, he was worse than larsen and may be better off being depth for this year if the bears do sign sitton.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
But that is moving a guy that played college T and pretty close to everything in preseason at G to C. Add to that the brief bit at center this preseason was marked bu some God awful shotgun snaps, I think they would just use Whitehair as a super sub until he could get enough time at center. If they sign Sitton, the only way I see Whitehair starting this year is if Sitton plays C or injury.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You absolutely play Sitton at LG and whitehair at center,it would be idiotic to sign a pro bowl LG and play him at C.Whitehair is good enough from what i see to slide him to C and early enough that it wouldnt impede his development.

Has whitehair taken C snaps in preseason or training camp?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Don't agree with that being his best position long-term. I think LG is. But I can accept that move. Are we done with Grasu? I know he has to come back from a major injury, but I still have hope (and I think the Bears could too) for him being the C of the future. Obviously, having 4 good interior linemen isn't a bad problem to have though.

I doubt the Bears give Sitton a long term deal. If Sitton demands a long term deal, then I'm sure the Bears let him walk. Or the Bears give him a mid-term deal with little guaranteed outside the first year.

Either way, I'm sure the Bears are planning to only rent Sitton for this year, and Grasu will be back in play next year.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
I don't think you can make Grasu part of the equation until he can come back and play. Sandwiching Whitehair between 2 pro bowl guards his rookie season may be the best thing for everyone.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Has whitehair taken C snaps in preseason or training camp?
I have no clue,but its our best option.Im almost positive he played all positions in college.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I doubt the Bears give Sitton a long term deal. If Sitton demands a long term deal, then I'm sure the Bears let him walk. Or the Bears give him a mid-term deal with little guaranteed outside the first year.

Either way, I'm sure the Bears are planning to only rent Sitton for this year, and Grasu will be back in play next year.

IDK. He's still a really good player. I think someone will give him a multi-year deal. Unless he wants a 1-year deal to capitalize on the market next offseason, then a 1-year deal won't get it done.

Actually, a 1-year deal could make sense for Sitton. Not a lot of teams have a ton of money to pay him this year. And the cap should go up again next year allowing him to really cash in.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sitton has played in a zone blocking scheme in Green Bay. He may have slowed a little so Green Bay is moving on. It may be good enough here though.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I hope Sitton is healthy. Some Packer fans seem to think he might have a bad back? I can never tell with the ones I know because they are such homers (can't blame them) who never disagree with any decision the team makes. Sure seems like this is the gift Pace was waiting for. Being patient with our money might have paid off here.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
IDK. He's still a really good player. I think someone will give him a multi-year deal. Unless he wants a 1-year deal to capitalize on the market next offseason, then a 1-year deal won't get it done.

Actually, a 1-year deal could make sense for Sitton. Not a lot of teams have a ton of money to pay him this year. And the cap should go up again next year allowing him to really cash in.

If he demands a long term deal, then I don't see the Bears signing him, unless the first year is the only one guaranteed.