Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If you sign Sitton where do you play him?

All pro LG, but the Bears have their highest offensive draft pick there for hopefully the next several years. Do you move Whitehair to C or to the bench and lose a year of his development?

Do you put an all-pro LG at C where he would be a big upgrade to Larsen (moving him to backup OG), but he would also be not playing at his best position?

Long to LT, Sitton to LG, Whitehair to RG

:beartroll:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If he demands a long term deal, then I don't see the Bears signing him, unless the first year is the only one guaranteed.

Me neither. Bears never seem interested in a good OL long term.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Well.....they moved long to RT 6 days before the opener last season without taking a snap there in preseason so moving whitehair to c wouldn't be out of the ordinary for this regime.

That said, he looked awful there in his one showing in preseason game 1.

At the end of the day it speaks to how awful the o-line situation has been the last 2 years that we could be making wholesale changes after 5 weeks of practice.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How is this hard to figure out?

Sitton automatically turns in to the Bears 2nd best OL.

Leno Sitton Whitehair Long Massie

That line is night and day difference than two weeks ago.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You absolutely play Sitton at LG and whitehair at center,it would be idiotic to sign a pro bowl LG and play him at C.Whitehair is good enough from what i see to slide him to C and early enough that it wouldnt impede his development.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

About as Special person as playing a pro-bowl guard at RT don't you think?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Me neither. Bears never seem interested in a good OL long term.

I'm not really interested in signing an O-lineman with back issues to a long term deal either. Don't want Orlando Pace 2.0

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Makes a mockery of wanting AJ to prove his longterm fitness to get paid considering what he has done when he has been on the field though, no?

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
They are not going to have whitehair starting at center he will either play lg or come off the bench

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sitton is such a talent upgrade that you bring him in and figure it out.

Leno
Sitton
Whitehair
Long
Massie

Or

Leno
Whitehair
Sitton
Long
Massie

Either way those are both huge upgrades to any line that has Larsen or Edison in the line up.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have to find a way to sign him and then just figure out how to get the best 5 OL on the field... our OL depth sucks balls, we aren't set at any one position.... Pace has fell short his first couple years in strengthening that unit... Massie...meh... Grassu, not panning out so far, Whitehair... ok one nice addition....

Josh Sitton - G - Free Agent

Free agent OG Josh Sitton will visit the Bears.

If he leaves without a contract, his next visit will be with New Orleans. Green Bay's decision to move on from Sitton was a head-scratcher and now the division-rival Bears have a chance to hit the Packers where it hurts. The Bears are vulnerable at left guard with second-round rookie Cody Whitehair set to replace Matt Slauson. If he chooses the Bears, Sitton and Kyle Long would make a formidable duo at guard.
Related: Bears, Saints

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have to find a way to sign him and then just figure out how to get the best 5 OL on the field... our OL depth sucks balls, we aren't set at any one position.... Pace has fell short his first couple years in strengthening that unit... Massie...meh... Grassu, not panning out so far, Whitehair... ok one nice addition....

Josh Sitton - G - Free Agent

Free agent OG Josh Sitton will visit the Bears.

If he leaves without a contract, his next visit will be with New Orleans. Green Bay's decision to move on from Sitton was a head-scratcher and now the division-rival Bears have a chance to hit the Packers where it hurts. The Bears are vulnerable at left guard with second-round rookie Cody Whitehair set to replace Matt Slauson. If he chooses the Bears, Sitton and Kyle Long would make a formidable duo at guard.
Related: Bears, Saints

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nice… if I could thank this 10x I would

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think I'd want Sitton at C. I think Whitehair is going to be an absolute stud LG eventually. Plus it'd be nice to have the vet at C.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are not going to have whitehair starting at center he will either play lg or come off the bench

Wrong ! They wouldn't sit Whitehair and have an inferior talented Larsen playing center while Whitehair sits. They play the best 5 OL players on the roster.