Pagano. sucks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Hicks saw a lot doubles yesterday... still no sign from Mack tho.

Edit - guess Mack got 1/2 sack.

Like, I understand hating on pagano for his scheme, but I'm not really sure what people expect him to do.

His personnel is just not there. Eddie is playing like utter trash. He can't cover a TE 1 on 1 if you blitz a linebacker. His passer rating against is 116.7 this year. Thats god fucking awful.

Danny T can't do anything really anymore in the pass game.

I can't blame pagano for those two things that have severely severely handicapped him from a playcalling standpoint.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You are underrating Goldman. He's the best 3-4 NT in the league.

As to Quinn and Mack, give them the week off to heal. They shouldn't play versus Jax, especially if this is the effort we get. See if nagging injuries can heal up.

How am I underrating him? I said he's a borderline probowler. 3-4 NT's rarely make it into the probowl unless they get sacks which isn't what we really ask him to do.

IDK if quinn and mack is an issue of injuries, man. I'd love it to be, but mack was injured the past two seasons and played much much better than he has this year.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The first paragraph is 100% nonsense.
Nope, it is not.

Opposing Teams that have a lead against the Bears, and the Bears offense is having a difficult time getting out of the shadow of their own goal post, what kind of game plan do you think they are running?

Do you honestly think that the opposing team is going to take big risks and possibly allow the Bears to get back in the game on a turnover. Or do you think it is possible that if they have good field position and the defense is playing well against us that they call plays that have lower risk, but still give them an opportunity to score?

In the first 10 weeks the Bears averaged 19 points per game, so opposing teams did not need to score a ton to beat us, as a matter of fact the opposition averaged 20.9 (21) points per game.

Since the Bye week we have scored on average 31 points per game, and the opposing teams 27. As our points scored increased so did the opposing teams average, because they need to....

If our Defense was actually able to keep the opposing team to 21 points per game, we would have won the last 4 games and be sitting at 9 wins, but they could not, so we are at 7-7 on the outside looking in at the playoffs.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Woods needs to be in for Trevathan starting this week. Rodgers will eat the middle alive again.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
Successful manager change what isn't working and promote what is.
Pagano isn't changing much of anything.
He's been running a soft defense all year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nope, it is not.

Opposing Teams that have a lead against the Bears, and the Bears offense is having a difficult time getting out of the shadow of their own goal post, what kind of game plan do you think they are running?

Do you honestly think that the opposing team is going to take big risks and possibly allow the Bears to get back in the game on a turnover. Or do you think it is possible that if they have good field position and the defense is playing well against us that they call plays that have lower risk, but still give them an opportunity to score?

In the first 10 weeks the Bears averaged 19 points per game, so opposing teams did not need to score a ton to beat us, as a matter of fact the opposition averaged 20.9 (21) points per game.

Since the Bye week we have scored on average 31 points per game, and the opposing teams 27. As our points scored increased so did the opposing teams average, because they need to....

If our Defense was actually able to keep the opposing team to 21 points per game, we would have won the last 4 games and be sitting at 9 wins, but they could not, so we are at 7-7 on the outside looking in at the playoffs.

This is nonsense. Teams will score if they can score. They wont hold back because they arent afraid of the opposing offense. Just stop.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
Pagano doesn't fool anyone. Look at the run of games vs NFL North qbs who have seen his scheme 3 or 4 times. They all killed it

dennehy

Liked Posts:
My theory is that Pagano's scheme has kinda fucked up Eddie mentally. No way to know that for sure of course. And that doesn't absolve Eddie either.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Woods needs to be in for Trevathan starting this week. Rodgers will eat the middle alive again.
That would never happen because Danny T is the leader of the D and Pagano is the one who wanted him over Kwik and KPL. Not saying that shouldn't happen but it won't.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
That would never happen because Danny T is the leader of the D and Pagano is the one who wanted him over Kwik and KPL. Not saying that shouldn't happen but it won't.
If jobs are on the line, maybe Pagano chooses his own over Danny’s. Maybe say he’s hurt and needs to sit to keep his pride. Kinda what they did to Long last season.

Roquan is now the leader. Pace probably wasn’t comfortable in the offseason with that over his issues from last season, but he’s now ready. Eddie’s the mouth of the defense anyway.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
I thought DT had one of his best games all season yesterday. Lefd the team with 11 tackles, and stopped Cook in his tracks with solo tackles on few occasions

clear

Liked Posts:
This whole defense just seems predicated on not allowing the home run pass play at all costs. It is cowardice and quite nauseating to watch.

In the second half of yesterday's game the Bears looked like they had the worst defense in the NFL. It was brutal.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Pagano doesn't fool anyone. Look at the run of games vs NFL North qbs who have seen his scheme 3 or 4 times. They all killed it
That's an interesting point because the D has done fine against non NFC north teams but get absoutley exposed against NFC north teams.
Colts bucs Panthers Titans Texans the offenses struggled against the D but they got destroyed by the Lions Packers and Vikings 3 of the last 4 games.

msadows

Liked Posts:
My theory is that Pagano's scheme has kinda fucked up Eddie mentally. No way to know that for sure of course. And that doesn't absolve Eddie either.

That would make sense is he didn't play well last year. The turnovers weren't there, but he arguably had a better pass coverage season than 2018. He played in the slot a quarter of the time and excelled at it. Nothing changed this year besides him sucking at football.

This whole defense just seems predicated on not allowing the home run pass play at all costs. It is cowardice and quite nauseating to watch.

In the second half of yesterday's game the Bears looked like they had the worst defense in the NFL. It was brutal.

Because we don't have the talent to blitz...man. You sent a linebacker or DB and you will get burned by good qb's.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I thought DT had one of his best games all season yesterday. Lefd the team with 11 tackles, and stopped Cook in his tracks with solo tackles on few occasions
DT has had some hot and cold streaks even within the same games this year. He definitely started out pretty poorly to start the season but has turned it on as of late. I though the had a decent game yesterday but also saw some upon rewatching where Cook ran for a good run through his gap because DT failed to control it (it happens to everyone but DT had some clear misses in the tape yesterday). I hope DT stays serviceable as he is clearly one of the leaders but I don't feel as good about relying on him against top tier talent.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That would make sense is he didn't play well last year. The turnovers weren't there, but he arguably had a better pass coverage season than 2018. He played in the slot a quarter of the time and excelled at it. Nothing changed this year besides him sucking at football.

Because we don't have the talent to blitz...man. You sent a linebacker or DB and you will get burned by good qb's.
It would make sense because frustration and grows over time and can erode confidence.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:

But isn't it weird how that teams that know Pagano and the bears the most the divisional teams expose Pagano the worst. That has to have something to do with scheming.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I heard Nagy in his post presser say that they practice the hail mary play few times every week, as I imagine every NFL team would. Eddie Jackson must not be part of that practice play, otherwise he would know to knock the ball down not into the air. Could have cost us the season.
rewatch! knocking down the ball actually saved us

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This is nonsense. Teams will score if they can score. They wont hold back because they arent afraid of the opposing offense. Just stop.
Opposing offenses are not going to take risks unless they are forced to...we did not force them to.
Once pressed the defense has shown it is not as good as we thought they might be...
You think that is nonsense, I call it common sense....