Pagano. sucks.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
It hurts to see Amos develop into a more complete safety. At the time of the decision, we had Fuller and Jackson looking like the future of our defensive backfield and Amos just wasn't a complete enough player to throw a bunch of money at him. He has definitely improved in a lot of areas while Jackson is looking more like he might have been the "flash in the pan" player unless the defensive scheme is just that bad.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
you don't think teams adjust what they’re doing based off the opponent? Yes, when a team is playing against a terrible offense they’re more than likely going to go more vanilla on offense and be less risk averse. Because you’re looking at it like as long as you don’t turn the ball over and give the other defense points or field position they can’t score anyway. The Bears were in a bunch of games early in the year that turned into these vanilla field position battles because the opposing coach knew the only way they would lose is if they gave the game away turning over the ball to,the bears defense. This created games where teams were content grinding the bears down and not taking a ton of shots. They were content winning 20-17. As opposed to losing because they let the Bears defense win the game.

No.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Amos is a lot better vs the run. How often do you see Bears safety's fill the hole? Slim and none. Eddie Jackson is an ankle tackler.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No.

If a team can score, they will score. End of story. They might call off the dogs late in a game if its a blowout, but thats it. Did the Packers stop scoring a few weeks ago?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

well you have no clue what you’re talking about. As evidenced by your lack of ability to formulate an argument as to,why I’m wrong.

Do you watch football? you don’t think play calling and gameplan adjusts based off the opposition you’re facing? You don’t think a team playing the bears (pretty good defense. Horrible offense) early in the year knew they just couldn’t give the game away by turning the ball over? And they’d probably win if they just didn’t allow the Chicago D to make plays? And you don’t think that creates these low scoring field position type games? What sport are you following? You’ve never noticed this? Are you actually paying attention to the games you’re watching?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
No.

If a team can score, they will score. End of story. They might call off the dogs late in a game if its a blowout, but thats it. Did the Packers stop scoring a few weeks ago?

okay mouth breather

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
okay mouth breather

Translation- you lost the argument and cant handle it.

I can see Lombardi and Belichick telling their teams--

"Hey guys, the last thing we want to do is to try and score points, the other team will simply hand us points!"

clear

Liked Posts:
yep injuries are part of the game. I sort of laugh when these posters yell it's all SCHEME and when you offer Fangio's failures with denver they now say it's INJURIES. Fangio's first year with the team they still had guys like Von Miller and he ended up having his worst year as a pro in terms of sacks. Miller was averaging double digit sacks then tanked under Fangio's SCHEME, hah

In addition Fangio almost lost the locker room during the height of the riots and #BLM movement when he came out and said there was no racism in the NFL. A league that is all white ownership and 99pct of the head coaches are white in a majority #BLM player league. Simply cannot say that.

Well, it is a fact. Apparently, you have a disdain for the guy.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Well, it is a fact. Apparently, you have a disdain for the guy.

The fact is what the bears did in 2018 happens once a decade in todays NFL

Jaguars and Texans had the same type of defenses back in the day where they carried the Offense. It's simply not sustainable with the present day NFL ruleset.

You saw that trash call on 3rd and 5 yesterday when the Bears CB love tapped the Viking WR? lol

It is what it is

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Your fucking kidding me right?
Have you never seen a blowout in the NFL?
No team in the NFL stops scoring because they dont want to "fuck things up"
You kidding me right...have you never hears the term "playing down to the level of competition" it happens every friggin week.

When a team game plans against the Jets, it is completely different than how a team game plans against KC.....

Do you honestly think that the Lion approach a game against the Packers in the same way they approach a game against us....just score a lot..... :ROFLMAO:

You are delusional if you think that the Bears scared anyone into putting together a game plan that was risky and aggressive because they were worried about being out scored.

Our Defense was the benefactor of a putrid offense, and now that they are being pressed by opposing offenses that are trying to keep up with the Bears, they are showing their true colors.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You kidding me right...have you never hears the term "playing down to the level of competition" it happens every friggin week.

When a team game plans against the Jets, it is completely different than how a team game plans against KC.....

Do you honestly think that the Lion approach a game against the Packers in the same way they approach a game against us....just score a lot..... :ROFLMAO:

You are delusional if you think that the Bears scared anyone into putting together a game plan that was risky and aggressive because they were worried about being out scored.

Our Defense was the benefactor of a putrid offense, and now that they are being pressed by opposing offenses that are trying to keep up with the Bears, they are showing their true colors.

I stopped reading after your gross misinterpretation of playing down to the competition. That saying has to do with being motivated to play your best, not to intentionally not score points.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It hurts to see Amos develop into a more complete safety. At the time of the decision, we had Fuller and Jackson looking like the future of our defensive backfield and Amos just wasn't a complete enough player to throw a bunch of money at him. He has definitely improved in a lot of areas while Jackson is looking more like he might have been the "flash in the pan" player unless the defensive scheme is just that bad.
Jackson and Amos were a great combo. Take Amos away and Jax ain't so great anymore.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Amos is a lot better vs the run. How often do you see Bears safety's fill the hole? Slim and none. Eddie Jackson is an ankle tackler.
Even last year Haha had to come up and make all the tackles Jackson wasn't making. Gipson can't do that.

Liked Posts:
The Bears are not a dominant defense and they've regressed the last 2 years on that side of the football. This week against the Jags if they are a dominant defense they are giving up 7-10 at most and winning by a comfortable gap. The offense has been great the last 3 weeks. The defense needs to get on their level. Jackson, Fuller, Roquan, Trevathan, Hicks, Mack, Quinn, Etc. Live up to your billing!

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
How am I underrating him? I said he's a borderline probowler. 3-4 NT's rarely make it into the probowl unless they get sacks which isn't what we really ask him to do.

IDK if quinn and mack is an issue of injuries, man. I'd love it to be, but mack was injured the past two seasons and played much much better than he has this year.
I guess when I categorize players as borderline probowlers that would mean that if they have their best season they would be a probowl calibur player at their position.

If NT was given any value by fans, I'd expect him to be more of an all pro calibur talent at that position.

Obviously, that's just how I think of things in my head and my assumption that you think the same way is on me.

As to Mack and Quinn, there are reports that Mack and Quinn have both been injured all season. Hell, I'd rest Mack, Quinn, and Hicks this week. If we can't beat the Jags without them, then we have no business going to the playoffs.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I stopped reading after your gross misinterpretation of playing down to the competition. That saying has to do with being motivated to play your best, not to intentionally not score points.
You stopped reading due to lack of literacy. Happy Holidays!

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Early in the year I gave Pagano a pass bc the D was on the field all day and looked gassed at times. But after last few weeks it’s just him. Hes too soft. He’s got to go.