Part 1 of 3: Who Won’t be Back Next year or is on the Brink of not Making the Roster

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I don't get why everyone is so eager to get rid of Bowden that he's the first guy you list. Hasn't been great by any means this year, but seriously is not that bad.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
I don't get why everyone is so eager to get rid of Bowden that he's the first guy you list. Hasn't been great by any means this year, but seriously is not that bad.

while he's not that bad, he also really no damn good. He walks too damn many people. Doesn't strike out nearly enough people. Nor do his peripherals say he's much better than what his ERA (4.29) is. His FIP is 4.04 and his xFIP is 5.05. So essentially he is what he is. A below average to average BP arm who isn't even talked about on a real damn team honestly. Though I do agree he'll probably stick around.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:

I didn't go any order and went down the list on Cubs.com. Since he's B, he was behind Arrieta.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I didn't go any order and went down the list on Cubs.com. Since he's B, he was behind Arrieta.

Gotcha, looked alphabetical at the top, then wasn't, kinda just skimmed it so didn't realize it was alphabetical by position.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah he can be the 6th or 7th guy next year. I have Stop, Villanueva, Dolis (yes, I still like him), Parker, FA signing, Fujikawa (not right away, but when he's good to go), Vizcaino if he's ever ready to go (should be soon).. I did say brink and to me he's on the brink of making the roster.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotcha, looked alphabetical at the top, then wasn't, kinda just skimmed it so didn't realize it was alphabetical by position.

Yeah. Your all good. I have to look and see who's on the roster now because I forgot with all the changes, which is sad. Like Thomas Neal, completely forgot about him lol.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:

Every damn person in the blowpen should be replaced with maybe the exception of Strop.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Every damn person in the blowpen should be replaced with maybe the exception of Strop.

Not maybe.... for sure. And I know he has stuggled at times, but I would still give Parker a chance. And I pretty much agree. I only had 2 back, with 2 coming pack from DL (Dolis and Fujikawa).

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Strop and Russell are locks for the pen. Gregg likes Chicago so he may be back depending on what he wants. The rest can go and can go fast. I think expecting Fuji back is premature. He is not a youngster and its takes a good two years to fully recover. Position players will be about who the Cubs have control of and how little money they can bring them back. I expect Murphy to pick up a UI spot. I think Ransom is gone. Navarro may command to much money because of his offensive game this year and he is younger then I thought. The rest is a crap shoot. If they give Ian Stewart a second chance, they may give anyone.