Part 2 of 3: Who Will Be Back Next Season?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
FYI, Schierholtz is arbitration eligible not a FA.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Schierholtz should be back as he is going into Arb3. I expect him to get around 6 mil and due to his production that is a bargain. If they do not give LF to either Sweeny or Bog one of the two will not be on the roster. I have no preference on the two. I believe it depends on the team needs. Sweeny seems to have more pop but Bog can give decent top of the order skills. IMO he could become a decent lead off if given the opertunity. 3B I bet that Olt takes it forcing Barney and Valbuena to platoon at 2B. That would be awsome if it happens. The best line up I can see would be Bog (LF), Valbuena/Barney (2B), Rizzo (1B), Olt (3B), Schierholtz (RF), Lake (CF), Castro (SS), Castillo (C). Bench they need a platoon partner with Nate in RF. I would like to see Francour signed there. Bog seems to hit LH pitching fine. Murphy is another to ponder as a sub if he can cover some corner OF. They need to invest into shoring up MR. That has been a sore spot. Not sure if they are going with Rusin. He has not proven he doesn't belong so far. Max Ramirez should be close so I could see the gamble at this point. I do not expect them to invest this off season. I see them giving extensions to Shark and Wood. Closer I can see Gregg getting another 1 year. 27 saves is more than any one expected.