Paul Pasqualoni is expected to join Bears' coaching staff

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I trust Laurence Holmes too. And even though he's a total pudwack, when Terry Boers says his guy told him something - I listen. Because his guy was right about the Bears trading Greg Olsen, and right about a couple of other things too. Because of the weight of Boers being right whenever he invokes "his guy" in a conversation, I find him to be completely believable and do think Terry probably has the best source into the Bears.

That said, you really have to watch it, because if Terry gives a thought and doesn't say "my guy says this", and its just his opinion, then its usually just a pile of crap.

That's what makes it hard for people to take him seriously. But when he's invoked "my guy says this", it's borne true enough times to be taken as completely credible.
Never knew Boers had any inside information, I thought he was just a radio jockey.. Interesting. Didn't know that at all.

I like Mully and Hanley in the AM. Listen to that in the evening, Mully always has real cool inside info from guys he knows. Just yesterday he was saying how much Richard Sherman likes Jay Cutler, in a seriousness manner.. Not in a "I want that INT" route, he actually thought Cutler was a real good qb and took a lot of unfair heat lol. Shocked Mully even

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Never knew Boers had any inside information, I thought he was just a radio jockey.. Interesting. Didn't know that at all.

I like Mully and Hanley in the AM. Listen to that in the evening, Mully always has real cool inside info from guys he knows. Just yesterday he was saying how much Richard Sherman likes Jay Cutler, in a seriousness manner.. Not in a "I want that INT" route, he actually thought Cutler was a real good qb and took a lot of unfair heat lol. Shocked Mully even

Its hard to come by, because most times he's just a boob. But when they are talking Bears I give a listen because the things he gives out when he says "my guy says..." give some really good insight into the organization and their thinking at that particular point in time, as well as precursors to moves.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
3-4 baby!! :buttrock: ;)

I hightly doubt we switch to a pure 3-4 defense considering we would have too many holes to fill and they wouldnt all be filled this year. However I do think we run some sort of a hybrid defense and include the 3-4 with certain packages.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
I hightly doubt we switch to a pure 3-4 defense considering we would have too many holes to fill and they wouldnt all be filled this year. However I do think we run some sort of a hybrid defense and include the 3-4 with certain packages.

Honestly how much hope would there be for a 3-4 when the playcaller couldnt even have a run of the mill 4-3. Its still just x,os and the 4-3 and 3-4 isnt that dissimilar.
I can understand being worse at one than the other, to be worst of the worst historically, 1 position change in scheme aint the problem bruhs.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
the 3-4 is for sucky teams that cant evaluate defensive talent. There i said it!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Honestly how much hope would there be for a 3-4 when the playcaller couldnt even have a run of the mill 4-3. Its still just x,os and the 4-3 and 3-4 isnt that dissimilar.
I can understand being worse at one than the other, to be worst of the worst historically, 1 position change in scheme aint the problem bruhs.

I personally dont care too much for a pure 3-4 defense, for me its either 4-3 or hybrid. The biggest thing right now why we cant switch to a 3-4 is because of personal. How we draft this year and who we grab in FA will tell us what type of defense we want in the near future.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I can't believe I am posting about the 3-4, but....

Why would we have MORE holes to fill?

LB corps of DJ Williams and Briggs inside, Shea and Bostic outside has as much upside as 4-3 Briggs-DJ-Bostic/Shea.

3-4 would require we fill fewer D Line positions, wouldn't it?

How does it affect CB's and Safeties?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Meanwhile, back to Pasqualoni....Trib says it's not announced yet as to whether he will coach LBs or D Line. He has done both in the NFL along with being DC.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears never confirmed Mully's scoop but did confirm he was interviewed. The really good news about this is he has a background in 3-4 so it looks pretty solid to me that the cover 2 will not have the same influence it has had in the past on our defense.

What if I told you that 34 teams run cover 2!?

187698.gif

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I can't believe I am posting about the 3-4, but....

Why would we have MORE holes to fill?

LB corps of DJ Williams and Briggs inside, Shea and Bostic outside has as much upside as 4-3 Briggs-DJ-Bostic/Shea.

3-4 would require we fill fewer D Line positions, wouldn't it?

How does it affect CB's and Safeties?

I understand that but the team isnt going to make the full switch when you have guys like Williams, Peppers, Shea, Bostic because they are either injury prone, old or still learning how to play in the NFL. I would imagine they stick with the same basic defense as long as those veterans are still on the team but mixing in some hybrid/differnt looks this year.

As far as defensive line, right now they do not fit the 3-4 scheme and they would get crushed. Maybe FA and the draft will benefit us a lot towards the 3-4 but still cant imagine a bad defense with older players succeeding to much in a new scheme. Plus who is going to back up all the people listed above and the unknown safteys and dbs.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Wait wait, there's a couple of posters who think that because we're bringing in a LB coach that has experience in a 3-4 defense that means we're switching to a 3-4? Ya'll still know Tucker is in charge of the defense.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I dont know if we are switching to a 3-4 but the cover 2 looks to be bye bye for the most part.