Peavy: Ozzie Quit on Sox

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
can you paste article in quote fashion cus i cannot read it from their site?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
By Barry Rozner.

Ozzie Guillen's regression is nearly complete.

Not sure if he was ever an adult. Not certain if he ever grasped what it takes to lead men by doing his job to the best of his ability at all times. Not clear if he ever understood taking responsibility for his actions.

Related articles
Tweets blame Sox GM’s son for 49ers’ lossSox pitcher Chris Sale ready to blaze his own trailVizquel signs minor-league deal with Toronto
Advertisement

But whatever he was in age or mindset, he began moving in the opposite direction two years ago, and he now has the emotional stability of a first-grader.

It would not be shocking if next he stuck out his tongue and yelled, “Yeah, well my dad could beat up your dad.”

This is where 48-year-old Ozzie Guillen is today.

He views the world as his playground, and anyone who tries to use his teeter-totter gets a verbal smack down. He is the recess bully, one who can dish it out but cries like a baby when anyone takes a step in his direction.

He is allowed to deceive, contort and promote his side of the story in any fashion he desires, using Joey Cora, his children and those who carry his water to spread his malice.

But should anyone dare to stick up for themselves or attempt to set the record straight, Guillen squeals as if someone has stolen his tiny cup of apple juice, and vows to scorch the soil beneath him.

Any minute now the next target will be Jake Peavy, who told the Score's Chris Rongey recently that Guillen quit on the White Sox with games still on the schedule in 2011.

Peavy, who was told by Sox brass to call an early end to his 2011 season, was merely defending himself against the Guillen apologists, but that's not playing by the Guillen rules of engagement, which allow for Guillen to use cannons and his opponents only wine and scented candles.

Guillen has already threatened Peavy via Twitter and soon will come his response, all barrels blazing.

With full knowledge that a barrage was imminent, White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf tried to head off the conflict by issuing a statement Monday, saying, “I want to make it clear that he left with our organization's blessing and at my urging.

“Ozzie told me he wanted to finish out the year, the Marlins really wanted him in Miami for the conclusion of the season, and I told him that he had no choice but to go ... Ozzie needed to be in Miami at the end of the season for the Marlins.”

It was smart for Reinsdorf to offer an olive branch, knowing Guillen's napalm capability, but it doesn't change the simple fact that Guillen wanted out and he departed early.

With a year left on his contract, Guillen nevertheless knew months ahead of time he had a deal in Florida and he couldn't wait to leave the White Sox.

In other words, he quit.

Where Peavy is wrong is in saying Guillen quit on the White Sox at the end of 2011. Ozzie Guillen actually quit on the White Sox in 2010.

So angry was he that the Sox wouldn't allow Guillen or his children to have free rein and act like complete fools 24 hours a day, Guillen took his ball and went home.

Wah, wah, wah.

He stopped managing 18 months before he actually walked out on the team, and the result was ugly, but you'll never hear that from Guillen, his boys, Cora or the family sycophants.

All Guillen critics are wrong, be they former players, opposing managers or nuclear physicists.

Only Guillen is ever right.

So now Guillen insists he will target Peavy and all who dare tell the truth about him.

Blah, blah, blah.

My position has always been that Guillen was once a great manager, and that he should be remembered fondly in Chicago for years like 2008, when he got more from less than at any point in his South Side tenure.

I have repeatedly said that since he is the only manager to win a World Series in the last 200 years of combined Chicago baseball, he should also occupy a special place in the hearts of White Sox fans.

I believe the good times should be remembered, rather than the screeching blackboard of the last few years.

But it's becoming more difficult to make that case.

Guillen has spent all his goodwill and exhausted his emotional capital. He has become a clown in the eyes of even his most ardent supporters and only those with an agenda can possibly defend his infantile behavior.

Unfortunately, there will always be those — like the coaches who caddie for him — who have a stake in Guillen, whether financially or otherwise, and they will always give voice to Guillen's babble, putting blade to back whenever possible.

But the reality is fewer and fewer are listening, fewer and fewer bat an eye.

Today, Ozzie Guillen is a dimwit without a cause.

Sadly, someday, when he has finally burned every bridge and milked every dollar from anyone willing to pay him, he will also be an actor without an audience.

• Hear Barry Rozner on WSCR 670-AM and follow him @BarryRozner on Twitter.

I love Rozner! tells it how it is all the time