Pederson out per Pelissero

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Pederson and Nagy are practically twins. Nagy is just less successful. I wouldn't touch Pederson. Same stubbornness trying to make his system work. Completely inflexible and has strange talent evaluation.

Pederson was about to go full O'Brien on the Eagles. They made the right call. Bears should take note.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I would hire him in a second over Nagy. Instant upgrade. Dude won a fucking superbowl with Nick Foles. Enough said.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Here's how it went down:

- Doug and owner Jeff Laurie met last week to discuss the plan going forward. This happens every year, so nothing abnormal about it. This largely included filling both DC and OC spots along with what the plan is at QB.
- Doug seemed to want to promote passing game coordinator Press Taylor to OC and current DL coach Matt Burke to DC.
- Laurie didn't like that plan and asked Doug to come up with something else and meet this morning.
- Doug, who really doesn't have much control over those decisions, stuck to his guns and Laurie fired him.

I'm thinking in this frustrating season Doug really didn't like how little control he had and also sees coaching vacancies that he could get where he'd have more control. This was a move to either get the control he wants weather it's with the Eagles or another team.

For Laurie he's wanting to be on the same page as the coach. The internal promotions would logically be the cheapest solution for him, so he obviously feels neither Press Taylor or Matt Burke were the guys. Doug is a players coach and I'm thinking he's the same with his coaches. He's overly loyal to them to a fault.

Either way, it's done. A bunch of names are out there, so looking forward to what the search looks like. The one thing I'd say is Howie Roseman is grinding right now lining up interviews.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Here's how it went down:

- Doug and owner Jeff Laurie met last week to discuss the plan going forward. This happens every year, so nothing abnormal about it. This largely included filling both DC and OC spots along with what the plan is at QB.
- Doug seemed to want to promote passing game coordinator Press Taylor to OC and current DL coach Matt Burke to DC.
- Laurie didn't like that plan and asked Doug to come up with something else and meet this morning.
- Doug, who really doesn't have much control over those decisions, stuck to his guns and Laurie fired him.

I'm thinking in this frustrating season Doug really didn't like how little control he had and also sees coaching vacancies that he could get where he'd have more control. This was a move to either get the control he wants weather it's with the Eagles or another team.

For Laurie he's wanting to be on the same page as the coach. The internal promotions would logically be the cheapest solution for him, so he obviously feels neither Press Taylor or Matt Burke were the guys. Doug is a players coach and I'm thinking he's the same with his coaches. He's overly loyal to them to a fault.

Either way, it's done. A bunch of names are out there, so looking forward to what the search looks like. The one thing I'd say is Howie Roseman is grinding right now lining up interviews.
How big of a factor did the Wentz reports have on the decision?

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
There is nothing about Pederson that makes him any better than Nagy, so why exactly would you imply that he has some redeeming values as a coach? I don't want him anywhere near the Bears.....

How about the whole being a way better HC thing?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Respectfully disagree big time.

It worked for Reid before he had Mahomes, Tyreek, Hunt, etc. He immediately turned the Chiefs into a perennial playoff team, and even had a winning season the year that their wide receivers had a combined ZERO touchdowns.

My apologies, Thats not what I really meant.

Reid is a great offensive mind, his current scheme is what Nagy/Pederson are trying to copy cat. They are stubborn and clueless and have no idea how to adjust their schemes to their personel.

Reid has been doing that for years.

What reid runs in KC isn't going to work for these dum dum's

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
My apologies, Thats not what I really meant.

Reid is a great offensive mind, his current scheme is what Nagy/Pederson are trying to copy cat. They are stubborn and clueless and have no idea how to adjust their schemes to their personel.

Reid has been doing that for years.

What reid runs in KC isn't going to work for these dum dum's

Doug has had that O running well numerous times over now.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The results say otherwise.

Nice, i guess according to those results nick foles should be a great QB as well.

He has been terrible at adjusting his scheme to his talent ever since his offensive talent declined.

Sounds similar to a guy in chicago.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Nice, i guess according to those results nick foles should be a great QB as well.

He has been terrible at adjusting his scheme to his talent ever since his offensive talent declined.

Sounds similar to a guy in chicago.

That he won a SB with Foles is a credit to him as a coach lol.

He hasn't been perfect, but three straight playoff seasons and SB win are great.