Peppers Fined 5K....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they are going to make it a pussy league, can they at least let hot chicks play instead?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
honestly it doesn't really bother me as long as the Lions OL was fined an equal amount for his hit on Cutler.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
honestly it doesn't really bother me as long as the Lions OL was fined an equal amount for his hit on Cutler.

I haven't see anywhere with the Lions being fined and I woudn't be surprise if they didn't get fine.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Put a red jersey on quarterbacks for games too.
He hit him in the head. You don't have to like it, but it is the rule. Did you even read the article??? Peppers himself knows what he did wrong, and isn't appealing the fine.

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
Yeah. Read the article. Didn't say it shouldnt' have been a fine. Said quarterbacks are too protected, so I'm just suggesting that we put a red jersey on them for the games. Sorry I guess.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah. Read the article. Didn't say it shouldnt' have been a fine. Said quarterbacks are too protected, so I'm just suggesting that we put a red jersey on them for the games. Sorry I guess.
Oh, I'm sorry - I guess he didn't sack Stafford later in the game. You're right though, as soon as it looks like a QB is going to be sacked they blow the whistle.

:nope:

We've had this discussion before. Any argument that players are too protected nowadays is nonsense.

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
I guess I should have delved into the archives to find that discussion then. I guess I'm just a traditionalist who wants to see football played and quarterbacks get hit like they used to.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I guess I'm more of a modern person then who doesn't want to see people like Matthew Stafford walking around like a drooling zombie at the age of 50.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peppers got fined because Stafford go injured later in the game. Cutler got hit in the helmet and where's the Lion players getting fined? There isn't one because he never got injured and is not a baby like Stafford.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
He hit him in the head. You don't have to like it, but it is the rule. Did you even read the article??? Peppers himself knows what he did wrong, and isn't appealing the fine.

^This.^ If the Bears are gonna benefit from the end zone catch rule, they can't complain about this one.

Does anyone really think this will make him less aggressive in going after the QB? I seriously doubt that.

Peppers is scheduled to make $16,700,000 this year. This is the equivalent of someone making $40,000 getting fined about 12 bucks.

This is less than a "slap on the Wrist." This is somebody wagging a finger at him and saying "Don't do that again!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
^This.^ If the Bears are gonna benefit from the end zone catch rule, they can't complain about this one.

Does anyone really think this will make him less aggressive in going after the QB? I seriously doubt that.

Peppers is scheduled to make $16,700,000 this year. This is the equivalent of someone making $40,000 getting fined about 12 bucks.

This is less than a "slap on the Wrist." This is somebody wagging a finger at him and saying "Don't do that again!
Coudln't have said it better myself.

I can't find a single person who faulted Peppers for the play. Not even his coaches seemed pissed at him. Hell, I think even Stafford gave him a high five.

MidwestDichotomy

Liked Posts:
Defensive players are in quite a conundrum when it comes to tackling the QB, though. Can't hit 'em high, can't hit 'em low, can't throw 'em to the ground, can't land on 'em when you tackle 'em. QB's are allowed to run around all they need to in order to make a play, yet the defense is severely restricted in the ways they can bring him to the ground. No wonder this has become such a pass-happy league.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
lol.. Oh how the NFL has changed through the years.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
If the NFL gave us a win based off the interpretation of a rule, it's only fair that a defined rule on Peppers' hit is called how it should be by definition.

Win > his hand hitting his helmet and complaining.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Defensive players are in quite a conundrum when it comes to tackling the QB, though. Can't hit 'em high, can't hit 'em low, can't throw 'em to the ground, can't land on 'em when you tackle 'em. QB's are allowed to run around all they need to in order to make a play, yet the defense is severely restricted in the ways they can bring him to the ground. No wonder this has become such a pass-happy league.

lol.. Oh how the NFL has changed through the years.

Rules might have changed, but the NFL hasn't.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
OMG people calling it pussy and such are so ridiculous, get with it, until people(including you) stop watching games with great QB play and flock to games like KC vs Cleveland they are gonna protect the QB, especially now with concussions being the hot button.

BTW that 5 K is nothing for Peppers who could make 20 Mil this season alone.

If it even means anything, look at another fine the Bears dished out. 22 Thousand fine to Brandon Manu for missing a team meeting before the game.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's BS that Urlacher's getting fined for that

Status
Not open for further replies.