PEPPERS

casinnova

Liked Posts:
just watched the game again. Peppers lined up a lot at tackle. He took on several double teams so the end could stunt. He dropped into coverage 3 times. and he sat out A LOT while we had the lead. He played every snap when the vikes were driving down the field in the 4th qtr. He regularly pushed his man back into the QB. He broke through a double team once and put a pressure on Ponder. The only long run by peterson was just a bad defensive call. it was a weird zone call where the lineman were able to get up on the linebackers and make space for AP to break some tackles. Ponder was regularly flushed out of the pocket. In days past, Urlacher would have annihilated him. Well, Williams sucks.. Also, those big 3rd down conversions you can give a lot of credit to greg jennings just making a play.

Back to the point - maybe you didn't see Peppers because he didn't even play half the snaps. It was Wooton and Shea most of the 2nd and 3rd qtr and they sucked balls.

Peppers is still the best defensive player on the team, or closely tied with Briggs. Tillman and Jennings are great in their own right. Safeties played solid. Sure, the D-line has to step up. But, Pea, Melton, and Peppers played solid.

I would say the main weakness is Wooton and Shea both on the field together WITHOUT Peppers.

Peppers will recover from the flu, do his crappy work-outs, and destroy the Steelers O-line.

If you disagree, eat a dick, mother fucker.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Mel Tucker's peppers

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
just watched the game again. Peppers lined up a lot at tackle. He took on several double teams so the end could stunt. He dropped into coverage 3 times. and he sat out A LOT while we had the lead. He played every snap when the vikes were driving down the field in the 4th qtr. He regularly pushed his man back into the QB. He broke through a double team once and put a pressure on Ponder. The only long run by peterson was just a bad defensive call. it was a weird zone call where the lineman were able to get up on the linebackers and make space for AP to break some tackles. Ponder was regularly flushed out of the pocket. In days past, Urlacher would have annihilated him. Well, Williams sucks.. Also, those big 3rd down conversions you can give a lot of credit to greg jennings just making a play.

Back to the point - maybe you didn't see Peppers because he didn't even play half the snaps. It was Wooton and Shea most of the 2nd and 3rd qtr and they sucked balls.

Peppers is still the best defensive player on the team, or closely tied with Briggs. Tillman and Jennings are great in their own right. Safeties played solid. Sure, the D-line has to step up. But, Pea, Melton, and Peppers played solid.

I would say the main weakness is Wooton and Shea both on the field together WITHOUT Peppers.

Peppers will recover from the flu, do his crappy work-outs, and destroy the Steelers O-line.

If you disagree, eat a dick, mother fucker.

Shea was such a bad 1st round pick. good player but not for a 3-4 defense. we should have taken Chandler Jones

also Peppers will dominate this weekend. im feeling a 2 sack game.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shea was such a bad 1st round pick. good player but not for a 3-4 defense. we should have taken Chandler Jones

we run a 4-3

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I wouldnt write off on Williams until about week 4 or 5. He missed the whole preseason and has some rust to shake off and I believe it will be done by then. He is a very good linebacker and played two tough teams (for his position) the first two weeks without being in the best shape he could be. Obviously he could play better and again I believe he will within then next couple weeks but I honestly dont know if Bostic would be doing any better. These next few weeks (3-4 weeks) will really tell us where Williams is in his career and I believe will be the ultimate decision for Emery and Trestman whether they go with Williams or Bostic.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

People keep saying Melton and Peppers are going to dominate this weekend, but it really hasnt happened yet. Until those two get back to their pro bowl form, our defensive line is in serious trouble.

BeerMe

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed with Ditka Sausage

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Chandler Jones HAS looked good so far. Much better than Shea. If Shea doesn't breakout, I wouldn't be too mad at Emery though. Nobody can get the draft 100% correct. There have been way way worse picks in the 1st round both by this team and others. I would judge Emery as a whole instead of pick-by-pick.

Thanks Uncle Phil!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Chandler Jones HAS looked good so far. Much better than Shea. If Shea doesn't breakout, I wouldn't be too mad at Emery though. Nobody can get the draft 100% correct. There have been way way worse picks in the 1st round both by this team and others. I would judge Emery as a whole instead of pick-by-pick.

Thanks Uncle Phil!

I would agree with that and I think Shea is more of a rushing DE then an every down DE and the way they have to use him with Peppers sitting on the sidelines. With that in mind I think David Bass could be come more of a breakout player then Shea could be and give him and Washington some time and they could make an impact in this defense.