Peter Vescey on Bulls Vs Celts

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Decent stuff from Vesceym called out refs, BG, and Rose.

Paul Pierce and Ray Allen combined for 43 points and occasionally produced clutch baskets in an unanticipated area (see below), but neither took control when it counted (except at the free-throw line), and there were plenty of opportunities -- for both sides; the Bulls simply failed to knock to tottering champs off their feet.

Ben Gordon wound up with 33 points, yet shot 7-23. Down 89-86 with a little over five minutes left, he also attempted an unconscionable 3-pointer off a fast break and had it blocked by Pierce (see above), who transformed it (missed drive, offensive rebound and assist) into a Kendrick Perkins layup.

Given one last chance to atone for that very mortal sin, Gordon had it commandeered by lead official Steve Javie. Down five, Gordon spun left baseline on House, who put two hands on him as he went by and elevated for the four-foot miss.

Throughout the fourth quarter, the three-man crew called pinky slaps and brush fouls in favor of Pierce and Allen -- ignoring countless moving picks, I might add, which has become prevalent in the postseason -- yet Javie, looking dead-on at the play, saw no evil.

You tell me, commissioner; I was under the distinct impression two hands on a ball carrier is an automatic foul. Or has another rule been changed without teams and fans being notified?

After busting out for 36 points and 12 rebounds in Game 1, Derrick Rose came up weak in four of the next six games. The rookie is so regal that a 9-of-18 shooting night is nothing to brag about, because he never got teammates their shots (three assists) or kept the pressure on Boston's interior (one free throw) decorators.

Read more here: http://www.nypost.com/seven/0505200...elts_bulls_a_flawed_classic_167727.htm?page=2

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
Glad somebody else noticed the moving picks. Boston did it on what seemed like every possession. Usually Vescey's stuff is crap, but this was a good article.

Regardless, if the bulls could have stopped Boston from owning the offensive glass, we would have won this series in 5 games.