First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
He may be unhappy but I cannot see Houston trading him. They'd be stupid to trade a franchise QB. I'm sure they'll work it out and he's playing for Houston this season.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
As I’ve often said, if the Bears were dead-set on solving their life-long QB problem, they could do it tomorrow.

Pace could pick up the phone and simply give the Texans (or whatever team) an offer they can’t refuse, a Mahomes-like or Mack-like haul.

But is there a willing partner? And is Pace willing to give up what it’ll take? Those are the only relevant questions.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Watson does have a no trade clause he can leverage though.

Not saying its likely at all but if he does say he wants to go to the Bears those other teams having more assets won't mattter
if I were watson, I wouldn't consider chicago the worst spot. But I am a bears fan so maybe I am biased.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
As I’ve often said, if the Bears were dead-set on solving their life-long QB problem, they could do it tomorrow.

Pace could pick up the phone and simply give the Texans (or whatever team) an offer they can’t refuse, a Mahomes-like or Mack-like haul.

But is there a willing partner? And is Pace willing to give up what it’ll take? Those are the only relevant questions.
You would probably have to give Roquan, and mutliple first rounders.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He may be unhappy but I cannot see Houston trading him. They'd be stupid to trade a franchise QB. I'm sure they'll work it out and he's playing for Houston this season.

I wouldn't be surprised--Bill o'brien has completely buttfucked that roster for the next few years. They may need to make a major move just to begin to get back to relevancy. They have a shit roster, no cap space and no draft picks.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised--Bill o'brien has completely buttfucked that roster for the next few years. They may need to make a major move just to begin to get back to relevancy. They have a shit roster, no cap space and no draft picks.
Also if Watson is dead set on leaving and disgruntled why would they want to keep him as the face of the franchise. Hes already on social media would get a lot worse.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
As mad as Watson might be, he has almost no leverage in this situation due to him signing a new contract. There's no threat on the table to walk away in free agency, and sitting out just because you're unhappy would only make him look like an ass.

Unless HOU has a hankering to do a full rebuild, I don't see an angle for Watson to get out of his situation. I think they'll try to appease him by working with him on the new coach and eventually work things out.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
As mad as Watson might be, he has almost no leverage in this situation due to him signing a new contract. There's no threat on the table to walk away in free agency, and sitting out just because you're unhappy would only make him look like an ass.

Unless HOU has a hankering to do a full rebuild, I don't see an angle for Watson to get out of his situation. I think they'll try to appease him by working with him on the new coach and eventually work things out.
He definitely has no leverage. I think you are right and he doesn't get traded. But if he was available, bears better go all in and not sit it out because they dont want to admit they made a mistake.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Denver - high draft pick, cap space
Det - high draft pick, cap space
Mia- multiple picks and a high draft pick and Tua could be packaged. Also a lot of cap space
NYG - draft picks
NYJ - draft picks, cap space

A lot of possibilities. Bears have nowhere near the money or draft capital to trade for him
Patriots too.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
35676248243975.58926741b8a36.jpg

msadows

Liked Posts:
He definitely has no leverage. I think you are right and he doesn't get traded. But if he was available, bears better go all in and not sit it out because they dont want to admit they made a mistake.

I mean, depends on how serious about it he is.

If he 100% doesn't ever want to play for the texans, he has leverage. If he's willing to sit out the year, he has leverage.

I 100% doubt he's to that level.

The texans would for sure prefer to get something for him than have him sit out a year and suck anyways. They could be in position to take the best QB in the draft next year and still have another teams first rounder(Which if its the bears could be a top 15 pick easily).

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He isn't returning the owner's calls

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Didn't Watson look worse than Mitch on a worse team when they played a few weeks ago?
He's certainly not going to look any better actually on the Bears.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Didn't Watson look worse than Mitch on a worse team when they played a few weeks ago?
He's certainly not going to look any better actually on the Bears.

This is an interesting question, I have only seen a few games of his and everything I have seen of him he reminds me of Stafford. Where he plays pretty ineffective for most of the game and then ramps up his stats when the game is out of hand. Again I have only seen a few games so for those that have watched a lot of his games does he just pad his stats like Stafford does or did I just catch a few off games of his?

For the record even if he is "padding his stats" like Stafford does I think that is a huge upgrade over Mitch, its just how much I would be happy with giving up to get him.