Pippen: Rose Needs Big-Time Help

dunkside.com

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
But the fact remains, I know he doesnt watch enough bulls games to say anything truly insightful.

How many games does Scottie Pippen have to watch to be insightful?

he can watch all the games in the world, it still won't change the fact that he's a damn fool.
he was a GREAT player, but is a damn fool.
he'd be better served if he just kept his pie-hole shut. well, unless he really loves the taste of that foot he keeps shoving in his mouth every time he opens it.

fola

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
But the fact remains, I know he doesnt watch enough bulls games to say anything truly insightful.

about the bulls? well... a few. Unless of course you mean that he'd be insightful about random world occurrences. In which case, i might be interested.

fola

Liked Posts:
dunkside.com wrote:
houheffna wrote:

he can watch all the games in the world, it still won't change the fact that he's a damn fool.
he'd be better served if he just kept his pie-hole shut. well, unless he really loves the taste of that foot he keeps shoving in his mouth every time he opens it.

heh... and then theres that.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Wow, all I have heard from him lately is sound, insightful commentary. KC Johnson was talking about how he is so knowledgeable of basketball...must have given you one of his famous bad tips.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
Its interesting how people disregard my quotes from Scottie Pippen and others....until he says something they agree with...then they put it in bold letters and try to make a damn billboard out of one quote.

I disagree with fola. I think Pippen has very interesting things to say about the Bulls and the NBA as a whole. If he could articulate his thoughts better, he would have kept his job as ABC...

I don't take what Pippen says seriously. Again just because a hall of famer says it doesn't it make it true. You disagreed with Joe Dumars, a hall of famer saying good things about BG, because he has a sketchy track record as a GM. Well I can point to similar things with Pippen. He refused to participate in the game ending polay 1.8 seconds left. He also said a few years ago that Lebron will surpass MJ when its all said and done. It just shows you how twisted your logic is.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't take what Pippen says seriously. Again just because a hall of famer says it doesn't it make it true. You disagreed with Joe Dumars, a hall of famer saying good things about BG, because he has a sketchy track record as a GM. Well I can point to similar things with Pippen. He refused to participate in the game ending polay 1.8 seconds left. He also said a few years ago that Lebron will surpass MJ when its all said and done. It just shows you how twisted your logic is.

I have never really heard Dumars analyze the sport. The BG move was, along with Charlie V, moves in which he hastily moved and overpaid the players. His last few years don't add up to the first years, but his first years was pretty damn good.

Lebron will surpass MJ at his current rate, what is so twisted about that logic? Lebron is already the best player in the league (arguably) and he is pretty damn young. The only player on his level is a Jordan clone (Kobe). So I don't see that he is off. Lebron is the best damn 24 year old the league has ever seen. Again, he was pretty good on ABC, just is not that damn articulate, kind of like Norm Van Lier.

Also, the 1.8 seconds 15 years ago has nothing to do with his acumen as a basketball analyst. All should be forgiven concerning that play. He is a great player (or very good, depending on who you talk to..) and a future HOFer (I believe next year is his turn) and he should be celebrated. I have said the same thing about Stacey King, his is very smart concerning basketball. How good or bad a player he is has no bearing on his depth of knowledge concerning the sport.