In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
In an attempt to save me from ripping my dick off in disgust if Allen Robinson & Sammy Watkins BOTH somehow slip between Paces fingers, I'm looking at a couple Restricted Free Agent Options that the Bears can watch closely and maybe poach or trade for...

#1 (TRADE TARGET)

Willie Lee Snead IV
SneaWi00.jpg

Position: WR
5-11, 195lb
Team: New Orleans Saints

Snead was suspended last year for drinking and driving and may have fell out of favor with the 'Aints since he only had 8 catches for 92 yards. He had 2 previous years of catching +68% of targets, an average of 940 yards @ 12-14YPC. Snead has the potential to be a Tier One Possession WR at worst and perhaps even a true #1.

#2 (SIGN AND LOSE A DRAFT PICK)

Tyrell Williams
WillTy00.jpg

6-4, 205lb
Team: Los Angeles Chargers

In 2016 Williams caught 58% targets, with +1000yds @ 15.3YPC & 7TD in only 12 starts, that is #1 WR production, he followed in 2017 by catching 62.5% of targets for 728yds @ 16.9YPC in 15 starts. It was a down year in yardage because of less targets but he still has #1 WR potential and if the Chargers get cute with how he is tendered the Bears may want to consider signing him to a contract even if it costs them a draft pick.

#3 (SIGN OR TRADE FOR)

Brandon Coleman
ColeBr00.jpg

6-6, 225lb

Coleman was undrafted in 2014 but at 6'6" 225lb he still ran a 4.56 and has shown as a big play receiver so far in his career so it will be interesting to see how or if he is tendered. He has caught 66% of his targets and averaged 13.9YPC on the few targets he has received in NO's potent offense scoring 8TD's in the last three seasons. He is a Big Play Receiver and may be a steal in an offense where he gets more targets.

#4 (Sign)

Adam Humphries
HumpAd00.jpg

5-11, 195lb
Team: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Humphries has shown excellent hands as a possession receiver catching 69% of targets over the last 3 years with two seasons of +600yds with a 10.3YPC average. He could be a sneaky sign that could fill a void in the Bears rotation similar to what a guy like Jarvis Landry would have filled.

Ok, hopefully I have saved a few sausages with this post including my own :smug2:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
These alternative options are dick ripping bad. If we miss out in FA then both round 2 and 4 of the draft will be the move.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Trades will be plan B. Broncos have 2 WRs that could be available. Dez Bryant. Seahawks could move a pass catcher. Packers could drop Cobb. Richard Mathews might get moved. None of these are great, but that’s why it’s a plan B. Last season Watkins, Cooks and Kelvin Benjamin were traded.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I mentioned Pryor as an option months ago too. You would need to understand what went wrong in Washington but he’s big, fast and athletic. His last year in Cleveland he played well.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
plan B is draft Calvin Ridley at #8.

This is the only acceptable plan B. Pace already fucked up on the best WR available in Landry.

PLAN 1B is Robinson. He is a big drop off from Landry because he is inconsistent. Consistency is the most important thing needed to develop Trubisky. Robinson had 1 great year in 2015 filled with garbage time stats, the very next year 2016 his targets stayed the same but his catch % dropped 5% and YPC dropped by 5 yards TDs went from 14 to 6. That is a huge dip! His 2015 production was absolutely a result of garbage time stats, I think 2015 is a closer resemblance of who he really is. On his prove it year he tears his ACL after 1 target. Suffering the ACL injury might be the best thing he could of done. If he would of played the whole year and repeated his 2016 stats NO ONE would be talking about him as a #1. So are we getting 2015 Robinson or 2016 Robinson??

With Landry most of his supporters think that he is capable of producing a lot more in a different offense and his YPC will go up while his catch % remains the same.

With Robinson nobody thinks he will reproduce his 2015 season and just hope that he doesn't reproduce his 2016 season. If his play can be somewhere in the middle most would be ecstatic.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Plan B in any CCS scenario is to overreact, call the GM a moron or the like, and proclaim x number of years have been added to the rebuild.

That would be draft a CB/OLB and pick a WR in the top 5 next year? Year 3 will be the year that we can develop Trubisky, if he has any confidence left.

Seasoned CCS'ers need not wait for FA to start to begin overreacting. See above. However, this is an advanced form of overreaction and shouldn't be tried by anyone without a few years of CCS cunting experience.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Ill just say it: there is ZERO chance we draft a WR at #8, no matter what happens in FA...

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seasoned CCS'ers need not wait for FA to start to begin overreacting. See above. However, this is an advanced form of overreaction and shouldn't be tried by anyone without a few years of CCS cunting experience.

You mean FA starts in 2 days and Pace hasn't signed the top 3 guys yet!!!! WTF is he doing, sleeping at the wheel?!?!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In an attempt to save me from ripping my dick off in disgust if Allen Robinson & Sammy Watkins BOTH somehow slip between Paces fingers, I'm looking at a couple Restricted Free Agent Options that the Bears can watch closely and maybe poach or trade for...

#1 (TRADE TARGET)

Willie Lee Snead IV
SneaWi00.jpg

5-11, 195lb

Snead was suspended last year for drinking and driving and may have fell out of favor with the 'Aints since he only had 8 catches for 92 yards. He had 2 previous years of catching +68% of targets, an average of 940 yards @ 12-14YPC. Snead has the potential to be a Tier One Possession WR at worst and perhaps even a true #1.

#2 (SIGN AND LOSE A DRAFT PICK)

Tyrell Williams
WillTy00.jpg

6-4, 205lb
Team: Los Angeles Chargers

In 2016 Williams caught 58% targets, with +1000yds @ 15.3YPC & 7TD in only 12 starts, that is #1 WR production, he followed in 2017 by catching 62.5% of targets for 728yds @ 16.9YPC in 15 starts. It was a down year in yardage because of less targets but he still has #1 WR potential and if the Chargers get cute with how he is tendered the Bears may want to consider signing him to a contract even if it costs them a draft pick.

#3 (SIGN OR TRADE FOR)

Brandon Coleman
ColeBr00.jpg

6-6, 225lb

Coleman was undrafted in 2014 but at 6'6" 225lb he still ran a 4.56 and has shown as a big play receiver so far in his career so it will be interesting to see how or if he is tendered. He has caught 66% of his targets and averaged 13.9YPC on the few targets he has received in NO's potent offense scoring 8TD's in the last three seasons. He is a Big Play Receiver and may be a steal in an offense where he gets more targets.

#4 (Sign)

Adam Humphries
HumpAd00.jpg

5-11, 195lb
Team: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Humphries has shown excellent hands as a possession receiver catching 69% of targets over the last 3 years with two seasons of +600yds with a 10.3YPC average. He could be a sneaky sign that could fill a void in the Bears rotation similar to what a guy like Jarvis Landry would have filled.

Ok, hopefully I have saved a few sausages with this post including my own :smug2:

Don't know where you came up with those options but i'll pass on them and go straight to:

Draft 2nd round
P.Richardson
M.Lee
D.Moncrief
J.Mathews
A.Wilson
John Brown---this kid has a shit ton of talent but that sickle cell trait he has helps with getting injured and makes it take longer to heal but for the right price i'd easily take the chance on him.
Jaron Brown

There's actually some pretty good tier 2 and 3 type WR's out there so if we have to grab a couple of the speedy guys or one speedy guy and draft a guy 2nd round to go with C.Meredith, K.White and J.Bellamy then i'm good with that and fix the other big positions of need this off season and make #1 WR the #1 priority next off season.