Player "Jumps Ship" During Team's Historic Rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Marlins C Miguel Olivo placed on restricted list after he leaves team before game.

By Associated Press,
Updated: Saturday, June 15, 1:52 PM

MIAMI — Miami Marlins catcher Miguel Olivo left the team without permission and was placed on the restricted list, manager Mike Redmond said Saturday.

Olivo, who had seen little playing time recently as the Marlins’ No. 3 catcher, departed Friday after batting practice and before the team’s game against the St. Louis Cardinals.

“I’ve never been involved in something like that — to have somebody just leave after batting practice,” Redmond said. “I think everyone was kind of in shock. I know it wasn’t an ideal situation for him, not getting to play a lot, but at the same time the team relies on you.”

Olivo had a .203 average in 33 games this year with the Marlins. He became the No. 3 catcher when Jeff Mathis was activated from the disabled list May 14 and had only 15 at-bats since then.

Outfielder Jordan Brown was recalled from Triple-A New Orleans on Saturday to take Olivo’s roster spot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/marlins-c-miguel-olivo-placed-on-restricted-list-after-he-leaves-team-before-game/2013/06/15/ae840c10-d5e7-11e2-ab72-3f0d51ec1628_story.html

Also reported by MLB Network that Olivo asked to be released and the Marlins denied his request.
I can't imagine a Cubs player wanting to do this with all the great leadership surrounding the team.

:cum:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
You seriously have to bring in the Cubs rebuild when the article has nothing to do about the Cubs... C'mon now, that's just ridiculous and why this forum is falling apart. All posts are the same and every thread always gets off topic.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I can't imagine a Cubs player wanting to do this with all the great leadership surrounding the team.
:cum:

With the beantown bowel movements running the team, on pace for another 100 losses, cant see anybody getting frustrated. Its all about the rewarding journey, isnt it?

Although the bowel movements make masterpiece move after masterpiece move, at least its not Jeff Loria....

patg006

Liked Posts:
You seriously have to bring in the Cubs rebuild when the article has nothing to do about the Cubs... C'mon now, that's just ridiculous and why this forum is falling apart. All posts are the same and every thread always gets off topic.

This isnt falling apart.....people are active as ever.

Its those who dont know what the fuck they're talking about, spouting off shit that isnt true that is the "falling apart" because a certain few posters fact check......

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
This isnt falling apart.....people are active as ever.

Its those who dont know what the fuck they're talking about, spouting off shit that isnt true that is the "falling apart" because a certain few posters fact check......

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
If you say so, it's not the same. A lot of posters who were good posters a little back don't post much anymore.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I know what I'm talking about and it's not fun even to post anymore. I got bored of it and I'll write articles when I have time, I'm pretty busy as of late. I don't even have time to post anymore. Yeah, okay, I'm happy Bowen cleared waivers. He's a good body to have, but yeah he's not great. He's okay and sadly that will do for the Cubs bullpen. I just said that because of the Camp shit at the time.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I know what I'm talking about[/QUOTE]

As Eddie Olczyk would say: "stop it right there." That has yet to be seen.......

Yeah, okay, I'm happy Bowen cleared waivers. He's a good body to have, but yeah he's not great. He's okay and sadly that will do for the Cubs bullpen. I just said that because of the Camp shit at the time.

What? Are you fuckin nuts?

Blowden should not be a major leaguer. Camp shouldnt be on this team. Marmol shouldnt be on this team. They have no value, and suck at their positions, and are wastes of space.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
If these posters say dumb shit like "thank god Michael Blowden cleared waivers"

Probably better they arent posting.....

Pat you have to remember that waldo is one from the ilk of those very talented and sensitive authors.

I'd rank his stuff right up there with any of RuPaul's creative work.

Only thing that RuPaul has over waldo is spelling and grammar. Other than that. There is very little separating the two in my opinion.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
With the beantown bowel movements running the team, on pace for another 100 losses, cant see anybody getting frustrated. Its all about the rewarding journey, isnt it?

Although the bowel movements make masterpiece move after masterpiece move, at least its not Jeff Loria....

We are actually on pace for 93 losses, though it will likely get worse after deadline

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
There's a thread for it, so keep it in there. We know how you feel and don't have to hear about it in every thread.

Actually waldo....

You were the one that brought up the Cub's rebuild pertaining to the initial thread.

I didn't.

But I have no problems agreeing if you see a potential correlation between the two.

:shrug:

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually waldo....

You were the one that brought up the Cub's rebuild pertaining to the initial thread.

I didn't.

But I have no problems agreeing if you see a potential correlation between the two.

:shrug:
Actually you were. You didn't say it exactly, but we all knew what you meant.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Actually you were. You didn't say it exactly, but we all knew what you meant.

You said it exactly and who's we ? You don't have Ian Stewart in your back pocket, do you ?

Don't try and blame me for your said ability at being able to put two and two together as you'd like to see it.

You are extremely intelligent and I know that you would only blame yourself for being so short sighted.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Does anyone care that the Cubs won a game today, and 3 in a row?

Nope. They suck. Doesn't matter what they do, they just suck. The players suck. The coaches suck. The front office sucks. The owners suck. Everyone sucks.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Nope. They suck. Doesn't matter what they do, they just suck. The players suck. The coaches suck. The front office sucks. The owners suck. Everyone sucks.

That may be a little facetious and over the top, but I do like the opposing sides to the Cubdom dilemma that is posted here. I know for fact there are other message boards that only allow "Theo worshipers". Maybe if you don't like it here you should go there..? Trust me, I want The CUBS to win in my life time, but the way it's being done I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.