Players rate Soldier Field among worst grass fields

fade

Liked Posts:
Players rate Soldier Field among worst grass fields - Chicago Breaking Sports

DALLAS -- An NFL Players Association survey of 1,619 players released Thursday ranked Soldier Field the third-worst natural grass field in the league, putting the home of the Chicago Bears ahead of only the Oakland Coliseum and Pittsburgh's Heinz Field.

The Arizona Cardinals' University of Phoenix Stadium was voted the best of the NFL's 18 grass fields, beating out the home stadiums of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, San Diego Chargers and Carolina Panthers.

Oddly, in a separate "Best Fields" ranking, Soldier Field was voted second-worst, with Heinz Field -- the lowest-rated field in the "Worst Fields" rankings -- moving up to the No. 16 slot.
Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis was voted to have the best artificial surface, with the Minneapolis Metrodome being labeled the worst.

Nearly 90 percent of players polled believed artificial infill turf causes more soreness and fatigue than grass fields.

Stating the obvious. Yes, our field is a POS.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
As long as the Bears have no control over the field, it ill remain one of the worst in the NFL. the cities thinking is why should we spend big money on the field we have a contract with the Bears that runs a few more years and we will get paid regardless of what the field is like. And the Bears don't want to spend any money on the field, its not there field and the city isn't going to cut the contract price it the Bear spend money on the field. The only people that end up the loser in this whole deal is the players.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its quite ironic imo, that our D is based on speed, yet the field is utter shit. Yet at the same time, its used as an advantage as some claim. But in truth, the field may be shit, and our D is based on speed, yet we still manage to win there. I dont know the details, so now knowing Da Bears are renting Soldier Field and didnt own it, I see its not by choice the field is left in that condition. But its idiotic really, Bears aint going anywhere, so whats the excuse aside both not helping to fund the repair?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Are the Bears blaming themselves? I think they still see it as a positive and they will take any data they can to make it their argument. I don't see the FO ever complain, they state they don't like the data out there on the artificial fill for a field that goes through such heavy usage.

They'll ride the fact 90% of the players say artifice turf and fill in causes more fatigue. The Bears were just one of healthiest teams in the NFL in years and the majority of their games were played on grass. They will acknowledge that and continue on proudly with their grass field.