My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Someone help me to understand something..........if a player is waived and clears waivers, he can be signed to the practice squad,,,,,a player cut cannot be signed to the practice squad,....is this how it works?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone help me to understand something..........if a player is waived and clears waivers, he can be signed to the practice squad,,,,,a player cut cannot be signed to the practice squad,....is this how it works?
a vet with enough years played can only be cut, they cant be waived. they can still go on the practice squad but from my understanding, they can choose to do so

players with not enough years accrued will go through the waiver process

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just about anyone can now be put on the PS but it's a #s game of how many with certain amounts of time on an active. Difference between cut and waived is players that have accrued enough seasons, don't go through waivers and are instant FAs (cut).

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It means the same thing, waivers are for players with < 4 years of experience. Cut > 4 Years of experience, are not subject to the waiver process and can sign with any team immediately.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How does a GM miss in the 7th round?
Good question. The Packers have a good chance at keeping 3 of their 4 7th round picks from 2023. The fourth, Lew Nichols, is getting an injury settlement.

Carrington Valentine and Anthony Johnson Jr. have looked good in the preseason. Dubos had a late start to camp with an injury.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Good question. The Packers have a good chance at keeping 3 of their 4 7th round picks from 2023. The fourth, Lew Nichols, is getting an injury settlement.

Carrington Valentine and Anthony Johnson Jr. have looked good in the preseason. Dubos had a late start to camp with an injury.

Here’s the thing, Good thing you used 4 picks out of a possible 2000 players picked in the 7th round. Come on man, your better than this.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here’s the thing, Good thing you used 4 picks out of a possible 2000 players picked in the 7th round. Come on man, your better than this.
My point is, Gute isn’t missing that much unfortunately.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I dont even remember drafting this dude lol. Havent heard his name mentioned once this offseason.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My point is, Gute isn’t missing that much unfortunately.
That doesn’t prove anything. Lol, he just had to cut a 2021 5th rounder. Not sure what you mean by he isn’t missing much lately, especially for a team with a losing record in 2022.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I dont even remember drafting this dude lol. Havent heard his name mentioned once this offseason.
Don’t sweat it. People are just being meatballs with their lack of critical thinking skills.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WTF kinda headline is this? Are there actually people stupid enough to fall for this kinda bait?

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
It means the same thing, waivers are for players with < 4 years of experience. Cut > 4 Years of experience, are not subject to the waiver process and can sign with any team immediately.
You connected 'all the dots' when you stated "<4 years of experience"

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Thanks to all who answered my question...informative...