[Poll] UCONN setting records, does anyone really care?

The rats ass.

• I have been following the streak since it started.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I started to watch Husky games recently.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only watch, because the WNBA season is over.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm more entertained by the mold growing in my fridge.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I mean, Really? NCAA women's basketball is absurdly unorganized. Sure, a few schools exist with a great program, but who the hell cares?

Vote Now!

chs234

Liked Posts:
I think it's cool. If they beat Stanford, they will get to 100 in a row.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's kinda cool.. but I don't really care.

This.

I write for my school's women's basketball team and it's actually a lot of fun to do, but since no one gives two shits about it, no one really cares. And it is really unfortunate because the girls' team is pretty talented and what not.

I think there's always going to be that glass ceiling for women's athletics that even if UConn gets 100 wins or more, there's always going to be that side note that since it's women's basketball, it's not as impressive as if a men's team did it.

I think it's cool that their breaking men's records and stuff, but their coach is a fucking douchenozzle and should be kicked right square in his balls.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
women's and men's sports are on completely different levels

it is kind of compelling...i mean any team winning 89 straight games in any sport is tough..although it also speaks in the lack of parity in women's sports compared to men....no men's team would even get close to the streaks and numbers that the uconn women have now a days....that's why it's funner to watch men's basketball and especially the NCAA tourney...lot's and lot's of great finishes and upsets

it's also questionable to compare the uconn women's streak and the UCLA men....because again there is the fact this is uconn WOMEN....and their level of play is much different than that of the men's. To be honest, a good high school team or AAU team could beat the lady huskies. It's not an offense to them...but it shows the difference between men and women athletically...that's why i think it's hard to compare the two streaks......or give credibility to the uconn women for beating ucla's record

also, Auriemma is a douche and how long has Maya Moore been there...gotta atleast be 5 years i mean cmon

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
makin me my mayo and coke sandwich:smug:

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Women's sports are boring. It's a great accomplishment but that is the truth.

chs234

Liked Posts:
women's and men's sports are on completely different levels

it is kind of compelling...i mean any team winning 89 straight games in any sport is tough..although it also speaks in the lack of parity in women's sports compared to men....no men's team would even get close to the streaks and numbers that the uconn women have now a days....that's why it's funner to watch men's basketball and especially the NCAA tourney...lot's and lot's of great finishes and upsets

it's also questionable to compare the uconn women's streak and the UCLA men....because again there is the fact this is uconn WOMEN....and their level of play is much different than that of the men's. To be honest, a good high school team or AAU team could beat the lady huskies. It's not an offense to them...but it shows the difference between men and women athletically...that's why i think it's hard to compare the two streaks......or give credibility to the uconn women for beating ucla's record

also, Auriemma is a douche and how long has Maya Moore been there...gotta atleast be 5 years i mean cmon

There wasn't a whole lot of parity during UCLA's streak either, it was just UCLA. You didn't have really good mid-majors like Xavier, Butler, Gonzaga etc etc. You didn't have other teams pulling in the #1 recruiting class, only UCLA. Just like the UCONN's women, there wasn't much parity at all back then.

UCLA would never come close to their record now a days. In this era, they wouldn't be getting the five best players in each recruiting class, and they all wouldn't stay 4 years.

ETA: Even if UCLA did pull in the 5 best players in each class now like they did then, they would all leave after one season.