Positive things to focus on from Week one

Status
Not open for further replies.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
As a team, the Bears are tied with the Colts for No. 1 in the NFL in total yards (463).

They top the league in rushing defense after allowing only 20 yards on the ground in last Sunday’s win over the Lions.

The Bears rank second in the NFL in both overall defense (148 yards) and passing offense (362 yards).

Individually, Jay Cutler ranks first in yards per attempt (10.63) and sixth in passer rating (108.3). Matt Forte is second in yards from scrimmage (201) and third in receiving yards (151).

Brad Maynard is No. 1 in the NFL in punts inside-the-20 (4).

I have to admit that I was pretty surprised by most of these stats; if we get the turnover and penalty bugs fixed reasonably well for Sunday, I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised with the result.

tgriff79

Liked Posts:
If only Detroit didn't stop them 4 times on the 1 yard line, they would be ahead of the Colts. I'm still stunned by that! Go Bears!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Isn't it more pathetic that the Bears weren't able to move the ball one yard on the goal line in four attempts than it is impressive/surprising that the Lions stopped them?

When you know the Bears have a undersized non physical offensive line opposed to the Lions with a big physical player full defensive line, no.

The only surprising thing there is they tried 3 runs with Matt Forte knowing the lack of success in that department previously had by him and the line.

If CJ held onto the ball and not let it hit the ground I bet the Bears would of at least picked up a yard if not enough to kick a winning field goal on the following drive which would of put them as the #1 total offense.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I still can't figure out why Chester Taylor didn't get at least one of those carries - if he's proven anything in his career, it's that he has a nose for the goal line in situations like that. Oh well - they won the game, and hopefully they continue to build on the positives and correct the negatives. If we'd given up 400 yards on D and managed only 150-200 yards on O I'd be much more depressed.

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
I still can't figure out why Chester Taylor didn't get at least one of those carries...

I was wondering that myself. I think after two tries, third down should have been Chester's. This is not the first time that Forte has failed on short situations. I hope that is an adjustment they make going forward.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I <3 Forte...but he's not a short-yardage back. Chester should be in on every 3rd and 4 or shorter...especially at the goal line, imo.

BearMan2010

Liked Posts:
ALL those stats and No one is giving Da BEARS any love ? what's up with dat ? :shot:

Deepdish

Liked Posts:
C'mon, guys...you're friggin' in lala land if you don't think detroit owned us in that game...like we owed them money!

Deepdish

Liked Posts:
"cause detroit beat us like we owed them money! Everyone know it.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
C'mon, guys...you're friggin' in lala land if you don't think detroit owned us in that game...like we owed them money!

400+ yards to just over 100 yards is being "owned"?

3 posts for young poster?

Methinks I smell a troll. At least you picked a stereotypical name for Chicago like "deepdish" - very creative.
:slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.