dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
1. Michael Bennett | Defensive End | Seattle Seahawks
2. Jairus Byrd | Free Safety | Buffalo Bills
3. Alex Mack | Center | Cleveland Browns
4. Pat McAfee | Punter | Indianapolis Colts

INBearFan

Liked Posts:
McAfee is a drunk ass hippy, but I'll take him over Pud-lush. I mean, Podlesh.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Like all of them - don't see mack.getting away from Cleveland though. That'd be nice.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I like all of those.

A couple more I'd like to see: Tim Jennings. and Matt Slauson (as long as the price is right, of course)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm assuming we won't be able to spend much on a tackle, so if necessary, keep 4 of the 5 starting O Linemen and add a Center. I also would be surprised to see Mack get out of Cleveland, but you never know. (especially with that front office).

Michael Bennett would be good. or Michael Johnson, or both.

And another we should sign, who for some reason is unwanted by Bears fans: Henry Melton. He made the pro bowl in 2012 and played great. He went out in 2013, and our D fell off like nothing we've ever seen. Why not "add" a guy who could help turn that back around to the good?

Last year I wanted 5 new O linemen. We got 4, and a total turnaround.

This year, we all want a whole new D line. I don't know what $ Melton will command, but with him coming off injury, we may get him to sign at a good value. Then keep Ratliff and add the DE's mentioned above.

Not sure what LB's are available. We could certainly use a MLB, to put it mildly. Is Orakpo worth a look?

RB_Bears

Liked Posts:
Orakpo as a DE (if the bears continue to utilize the 4-3 defense next year) would be great.

INBearFan

Liked Posts:
If this Bears front office lives up to their past, Melton is out on the street after his recent arrest.

Although after the travesty of this season, a small murmur on the police blotter may not phase them so much anymore...

DaDanimal

CBMB Fugitive.
Donator
Liked Posts:
And another we should sign, who for some reason is unwanted by Bears fans: Henry Melton. He made the pro bowl in 2012 and played great. He went out in 2013, and our D fell off like nothing we've ever seen. Why not "add" a guy who could help turn that back around to the good?

I already have a Tommie Harris jersey.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Are we going to find a FA DT better?

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Jairus Byrd is hands down the best FS in the NFL...and we have Chris Conte.....yawn?

Trolling, right?

I would say Earl Thomas is number one but Byrd is top 3 for sure. Would be a massive upgrade for our defense he's good vs the run and pass and is a big time playmaker.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
agreed on Earl Thomas. Byrd, when healthy, proved to be head and shoulders above the crop. And without him around much of this season Earl stepped into that role.

1SeedHawks

Liked Posts:
Jairus Byrd is hands down the best FS in the NFL...and we have Chris Conte.....yawn?

Trolling, right?
i was just reading up on some Chicago forums to see how your fans were reacting to that loss, which i sympathize to each of you since i vomit every time i get to see another state farm commercial with dopey dwarf rodgers blabbing about his discount double check. but then...............i came across this post. you need to go straight to your room, pack up your goods, move to alaska and live off the land and grow herbal medicines to keep your head straight, because this whole 'NFL Analysis' thing isn't your strongpoint. 'hands down best FS in the NFL'- Jairus Byrd? Earl Thomas anyone? I'm new here, and i want you to take this as a standing order----"Get Out !" The bills would throw goods on top of byrd to get Earl Thomas in a trade. Seattle would laugh at a straight up trade offer. maybe i overreacted and hopefully you just meant "hands down one of the best FS in the NFL"

ZAN

Liked Posts:
I totally neglected Earl Thomas and made that point in my previous post.

Earl definitely seized that role this year. But it was Byrd if you asked anyone outside Seattle coming into 2013.

Came on a little strong with the insults there, chief...considering I already posted my neglect before you came at me.

Alaska does seem like a nice place to get away after this loss today though!