Potential Break for the Hawks: Tarasenko Injured

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
http://lkorac10.blogspot.com/2014/03/tarasenko-out-for-remainder-of-regular.html

Out for "at least 6 weeks," per media reports. That takes him til the end of April. And you'll never guess who may have caused the injury:

Tarasenko, who scored the Blues' third goal in the game, was checked behind the Blues' goal with 21 seconds remaining by the Predators' Viktor Stalberg, which could have been the source of the injury. He remained down on the ice for a few moments before slowly getting up and skating off.

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
STALGOD :bow:

He was good for somethin.

And you guys said Stalgod was good for nothing
smh.gif

Last edited:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Even with this injury, have to believe that for right now, the Blues are still the favorites. Miller hasn't missed a beat since coming to St. Louis. He is 6-0-1 for them. Small sample size, but a scary one for people that thought it was a "lateral" move and didn't improve the Blues.

Blackhawks still have a couple of games against them, so things can change.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuck the Blues.... we will beat dat ass when it matters.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the dynasty wings had troubles with certain teams in the reg season...when the playoff bell rang they won their series(s)

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
the dynasty wings had troubles with certain teams in the reg season...when the playoff bell rang they won their series(s)

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;URAqnM1PP5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URAqnM1PP5E&feature=kp[/video]

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blues have a better team/depth than the Hawks.

Whether that happens in the playoffs, remains to be seen.

But I don't need blinders to know who the better team is.

Blues don't rely on trash like Handzus as a #2 center. They actually have legit guys down the middle.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Blues don't rely on trash like Handzus as a #2 center. They actually have legit guys down the middle.

teuvo-puck-600.jpg

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Line two is more significant than you're ever aware to see... Since you don't seem to look to far ahead that way.

Trash or not, things that gel and function in the time needed is a track record of only one collection of these players.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Line two is more significant than you're ever aware to see... Since you don't seem to look to far ahead that way.

Trash or not, things that gel and function in the time needed is a track record of only one collection of these players.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

And the Hawks have a roster full of players who know how to turn it on in the postseason. St. Louis? They've won ONE playoff series in the last NINE years. And that includes a season where they were just two points away from the President's Trophy in the regular season.

I don't care how many points St. Louis racks up in the regular season. I'm not going to see them as a favorite until they prove they can do it in the postseason.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Capt. Serious bitched all the way up to us winning the Cup last year after taking home the President's trophy.... let him do his thing guys.

If the Bears ever become Champs again there will be hundreds of Capt. Serious clones who bitch about the Bears right up until they win the Super Bowl and if the Cubs were ever to break the curse you would have millions of Capt. Serious clones bitching to high heavens even if they were up 20 runs in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and the best Closer in the game on the mound.... its Chicago Sports Cynicism Syndrome

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Capt. Serious bitched all the way up to us winning the Cup last year after taking home the President's trophy.... let him do his thing guys.

Just waiting for the kid to actually engage in a discussion instead of throwing out his usual garbage. Won't be holding my breath.

I can't speak for any other fan bases because the Chicago one is the only one I've known ... but that Cynicism syndrome you reference is one of my biggest pet peeves about this area. If it's based in solid reasoning, I can understand. When it's bitching for the sake of bitching, it's obnoxious.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just waiting for the kid to actually engage in a discussion instead of throwing out his usual garbage. Won't be holding my breath.

I can't speak for any other fan bases because the Chicago one is the only one I've known ... but that Cynicism syndrome you reference is one of my biggest pet peeves about this area. If it's based in solid reasoning, I can understand. When it's bitching for the sake of bitching, it's obnoxious.

Its usually bitching for the sake of bitching.... my Dad is BAD about it when it comes to the Bears, he is one of those old timers who suffered through how awful the Bears were in the 90's and became convinced the backup was always a hero waiting in the wings. He got on his rag with the McCown/Cutler crap this past year and I had to talk him back into reality.... The Chicago Sports Cynicism Syndrome aka Cunting is an epidemic in Chicago :mad:

Seems like some "fans" can never focus on the positives of their own teams but rather focus on the positives of opposing teams.... last year with the Hawks was a perfect example.... #1 team in regular season, set a record to start the year off, beat talented teams in the playoffs, won the Stanley Cup.... yet still amongst all that success there was Cunting.... if you can be Cunting amid last year's Blackhawks there is no success that will stop your Cunting.