Potential Trades

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Are there any guys you would like to see the Cubs go after this offseason?

Keith Law said on ESPN the Cubs could get Stanton for Baez, and Almora but that would be a huge win for the Marlins. Didn't expect that.

I think Price would be a good guy to go after this offseason but it is highly unlikely as he still has 2 years left with the Rays. I think the Cubs could get him given their current depth on the farm. If they were to land an ace like Price, and sign Tanaka, the Cubs could have one of the best rotations in the division and top 5 in the NL.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Keith Law said on ESPN the Cubs could get Stanton for Baez, and Almora but that would be a huge win for the Marlins. Didn't expect that.

I think Price would be a good guy to go after this offseason but it is highly unlikely as he still has 2 years left with the Rays. I think the Cubs could get him given their current depth on the farm. If they were to land an ace like Price, and sign Tanaka, the Cubs could have one of the best rotations in the division and top 5 in the NL.

Fuck Stanton for Baez and Almora. Stanton has knee troubles and gets hurt every year and he is only what 23? Yea, he has huge potential but I want a non injured stud for that price.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Yeah I wouldn't hate that trade because Stanton is a stud and only 23 but at the same time those 2 have the potential to be super stars. I think Samardzjia, Vogelbach, maybe Castro? or Alcantra, Almora could likely get David Price

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Price I believe only has 1 more year until he is a FA. Its a lot to give up for a guy who is going to demand a huge contract

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Price has 1-year and will be shopped aggressively, but I don't know if a trade will go down. I'd rather the Cubs get CarGo and Tanaka. Way cheaper and keeps the prospects intact and so what they can do first hand.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Price has two years left, but that is when Tampa tends to move their starters to get maximum value (Garza and Shields for example.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Price has two years left, but that is when Tampa tends to move their starters to get maximum value (Garza and Shields for example.

Ahh, I still think he will be worth to much of the farm and to much money in the end.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ahh, I still think he will be worth to much of the farm and to much money in the end.

Don't disagree, but at the same time just trying to be accurate about the situation is all.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He is at 2 years and this is viewed at the year that they move hit. I would base the trade around Almora, Johnson and Vogelbach for 2 years of control. That would be my starting point an would be willing to add a 2nd tier arm like Cabrara.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Now the view of signing Tanaka on top of it I was musing today also after looking over MLBTR. That would open up Shark for trade. I would use him to get a MLB ready OBA stick. At that point they would be a few months short on Baez so a cheap RH stick would be needed. I would move Lake into CF full time after dealing out Almora.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
He is at 2 years and this is viewed at the year that they move hit. I would base the trade around Almora, Johnson and Vogelbach for 2 years of control. That would be my starting point an would be willing to add a 2nd tier arm like Cabrara.

I have not done any checking on this so I could be wrong, but when the Cubs got Garza, and the Royals got Shields, didn't Tampa receive each teams #1 prospect for starters?

If so, I would think for Price, that would at least be the starting point since he is their ACE and knowing Tampa's demands..

If you don't trade your #1 prospect, I would think the asking price would be for a lot of the farm and to me, it's not worth it.

It's time to start focusing the draft on nothing but pitching for a few years. Hopefully, they can land a Tanaka or potential ACE via free agency without mortgaging the farm. :popcorn:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It is pretty arguable on that. At the time the Cubs prospects were fringe. that is why so many went over. It is not about top prospect. It is about where that prospect lies in the top 100. Almora is top 25 and only behind Brox. He is quality. Vogelbach is not top 100 but is a top 5 1B. Johnson is not ranked at this point but after this year I bet he pushes top 100. It is a solid haul. If they want Baez or Bryant I would pass. Soler is a maybe. He is under contract but he has a opt out clause when he hits Arb1. That makes his trade ability low.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
The past 2 years, the Cubs main focus has been pitching and will keep that trend going. The last 2 years, the Cubs went position because they were best at their time and you don't reach for a need.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Sullivan guesses that the Rangers would have to give up Profar, a top pitching prospect like Luke Jackson, and also a big hitting prospect from the lower minors to acquire David Price from the Rays.

That trade makes sense to the Rangers. Profar is blocked and gaining Price kills the need to develop a SP. losing a power hitter matters less as they are concidered suitors for Cano this off season. The Cubs deal almost matches it but they would have to give up something of value on a 4th piece. Giving up Baez and Bryant would be stupid (can't trade Bryant until after a year of signing anyways) because they both are close and both are needed on the team. The team has no hitters that profile as RH power. Almora fits the same profile that Castro does. Singles hitter that can hit near .300. He is more expendable due to Castro's presence in the line up.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Price has 1-year and will be shopped aggressively, but I don't know if a trade will go down. I'd rather the Cubs get CarGo and Tanaka. Way cheaper and keeps the prospects intact and so what they can do first hand.

I feel like CarGo would cost nearly the same as Price

But yeah Tanaka has got to be the biggest target for us this offseason. You cannot pass up the opportunity to get an ace without giving up talent. We already lost out on Darvish, Cespedes, and Puig over the past year. Obviously hindsight helps but I believe the Cubs finished 2nd on all 3 of those guys

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if the Cubs get Tanaka, Samardzija will be traded. That's what I think.

Maybe? Tankaka, Wood, Jackson, Arrieta, Rusin? Anothe rpossible FA signing.

Bullpen? Strop, Villanueva, Grimm, Rosscup, Lim, Cabrera, Rule V, FA signing?

I just have a hunch Russell will not be on roster come next season.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Consider what they had to give up to get Garza, and consider that Price is much better than Garza. Remember it;s the same trading partner. Now....think they're going to TRADE for Price? A year before he's a Free Agent. A year before they bring up the prospects? Makes no sense.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And I cannot even imagine trading Baez for Stanton straight up right now, much less throw in Almora?? No way!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Get your life jackets right here. People have drowned in less kool-aid than this. Get your life jackets right here!

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Get your life jackets right here. People have drowned in less kool-aid than this. Get your life jackets right here!
What are you talking about? No one said anything bad.