Practice News - Aug 29th

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
My dream situation is Glennon traded for something, but back to reality. I would like Glennon and Trubisky on the 53, Shaw on PS and Sanchez hired as an assistant to the QB coach.

That way, if an injury happens, there are two people available to take a spot on the team.

Word!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
With as much time as he got in the preseason that would make sense. But then it would've made sense to give Trubisky his time with the 2s in practice. I don't rely on the Bears doing what makes sense.

I think Trubisky has blown away their timeline. Clearly he needs more work, but he's close.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
If this was the case then why didn't they just keep Whitehair at C? Seems like they were expecting Long to be out a significant amount of time by plugging Grasu into C and moving Whitehair to LG.
Because Grasu needed those snaps at Center and Whitehair needed those snaps at G.

Whitehair played the entire prior season at C, he knows how to do it. We're only hopeful Long and Sitton play G all year. But we know chances are Whitehair will be back at G and Grasu in at C.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Trubisky has blown away their timeline. Clearly he needs more work, but he's close.

Personally, I hope they take their time with him. Once the regular season starts the D starts playing REAL D and not this mostly straight forward stuff. Our first month of the schedule is a little rough, so lets let Glennon take a beating first.

I do like what I have seen so far though and that is exciting for a Bears fan!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My dream situation is Glennon traded for something, but back to reality. I would like Glennon and Trubisky on the 53, Shaw on PS and Sanchez hired as an assistant to the QB coach.

That way, if an injury happens, there are two people available to take a spot on the team.

Shaw likely gets picked up if waived.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Sanchez not playing has all the hallmarks of him being cut. He has, I believe, 8 total passes in the preseason. If he was going to be the 2, you would want some more work for him. If he goes out and gets injured the Bears would be on the hook for another $1M.
Hmm... you have a good point there. Bears don't really need Sanchez.

Or the announcement that Sanchez is not playing this last game might just mean they've seen enough of Sanchez (playing) for him to be our QB2 or 3. And Bears think Trub would benefit getting all those game snaps.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally, I hope they take their time with him. Once the regular season starts the D starts playing REAL D and not this mostly straight forward stuff. Our first month of the schedule is a little rough, so lets let Glennon take a beating first.

I do like what I have seen so far though and that is exciting for a Bears fan!

100%. Exciting time to be a Bears fan imo.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Shaw likely gets picked up if waived.
I really like Shaw. But I'm rather certain he wouldn't get picked up. He didn't get picked up last year... what's changed?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
might just mean they've seen enough of Sanchez (playing) for him to be our QB2

Unless that was on other teams I sure hope they don't think only seeing the 3 series in preseason and practice was enough to evaluate.

greg23

Liked Posts:
McPhee is done.

My guess is he is on IR sooner rather than later and we do not see him in a Bears uniform again.

There is zero reason to put him on the ir now when he can be stashed on the PUP for the next 2 months while they figure out if a) he can return b) we're good enough to need him

greg23

Liked Posts:
Id be pleasantly shocked if sanchito is cut but I think the plan has always been

Glennon starts
Sanchito backs up in game for injury /poor performance
If long term injury to glennon or he just sucks after x number of games then
Trubisky starts next game
Sanchito backs up

I don't see how people think Shaw is making the team....he already was cut and in his car on his way home when we needed a camp arm in may....then by just hung around as a 4th camp arm/4th preseason qb.

Wouldn't mind if he was brought back to the ps buy he's a bigger waste on the 53 than sanchito

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really like Shaw. But I'm rather certain he wouldn't get picked up. He didn't get picked up last year... what's changed?

Injured reserve. Not waived. If he had been waived. A leg injury like that, where he wasn't going to be with a team for the entire year might just be a slightly different situation than this year. There were teams lined up behind us when we claimed him.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now that Trubisky is looking like he would at least be servicable as a rookie QB if he had to play... Do away with Sanchez the player. Wouldn't mind Sanchez the coach.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Now that Trubisky is looking like he would at least be servicable as a rookie QB if he had to play... Do away with Sanchez the player. Wouldn't mind Sanchez the coach.

Fox is so damn stubborn I really can see him carrying 3 QB's and leaving Trubs at 3rd string all year. Hopefully he doesn't. Although part of me wants to watch this place burn to the ground if Fox plays Sanchez in a regular season game before Trubisky. Would be a melt down for the ages!

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Hmm... you have a good point there. Bears don't really need Sanchez.

Or the announcement that Sanchez is not playing this last game might just mean they've seen enough of Sanchez (playing) for him to be our QB2 or 3. And Bears think Trub would benefit getting all those game snaps.

Or they plan on cutting him and don't want to risk him getting injured and owing him an injury settlement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox is so damn stubborn I really can see him carrying 3 QB's and leaving Trubs at 3rd string all year. Hopefully he doesn't. Although part of me wants to watch this place burn to the ground if Fox plays Sanchez in a regular season game before Trubisky. Would be a melt down for the ages!

Well the good news is, if he does that, Chicago will have a new coach next year. I don't believe Fox would survive another under-producing year.