hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I know that looking into preseason games and commenting will bring a lot of, it’s preseason, first game back, the players are just warming up, however, the thing that caught my eye and has been a a glaring issue since last year and possibly the year before, Hawks up 3-1 and blow the lead, again. JC really has to dial into his team and stop this from occurring. I just don’t understand how this team just stops skating, stops competing and thinks with a lead they can relax. The hustle is gone, the forecheck is gone. It has to be driven in to the team, you have to play 60mins.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know that looking into preseason games and commenting will bring a lot of, it’s preseason, first game back, the players are just warming up, however, the thing that caught my eye and has been a a glaring issue since last year and possibly the year before, Hawks up 3-1 and blow the lead, again. JC really has to dial into his team and stop this from occurring. I just don’t understand how this team just stops skating, stops competing and thinks with a lead they can relax. The hustle is gone, the forecheck is gone. It has to be driven in to the team, you have to play 60mins.
I won't argue the point....as you are correct. But I prefer to look more at individual play during preseason. I saw some good stuff....while Toews did look a bit out of shape, he still did a lot of Toewslike things that this team really missed last year. I think a guy to watch this year is Kalynuk, he moves and handles the puck like a center....he looks ready. Plus while PP wasn't very successful, I like how they moved the puck and kept the pressure on. It was good to see JC experimenting with both Borg and Reichel getting PP time. They were also playing without five of their top players, so I'll hold final judgement till I see the whole team.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I won't argue the point....as you are correct. But I prefer to look more at individual play during preseason. I saw some good stuff....while Toews did look a bit out of shape, he still did a lot of Toewslike things that this team really missed last year. I think a guy to watch this year is Kalynuk, he moves and handles the puck like a center....he looks ready. Plus while PP wasn't very successful, I like how they moved the puck and kept the pressure on. It was good to see JC experimenting with both Borg and Reichel getting PP time. They were also playing without five of their top players, so I'll hold final judgement till I see the whole team.
Yes individual performance is important and in preseason probably thats what stands out, and yes the whole team was not playing, however, neither was the whole Red Wings team playing. I did like what I saw, but I can’t deny the fact that there individual performance when put together in a team concept let the Wings take that game. When the Hawks took the lead 3-1, they stopped skating, and that’s rather troublesome in the preseason against a pitiful Wings team, that pretty much had no starters in there lineup.
I guess we will get a better view Friday versus the Blues.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Questions since I didn't see this:

Is everyone correct that Nylander looked like he wanted to be anywhere except playing hockey?

I heard Caleb jones looked pretty okay out there--how did he look defensively and positionally?

Was Gaudette/Dach/Hagel as good as all the media reports claim?

Thanks!

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Is everyone correct that Nylander looked like he wanted to be anywhere except playing hockey?

I heard Caleb jones looked pretty okay out there--how did he look defensively and positionally?

Thanks!
Nylander is a waste of money and talent, Caleb was ok, Dach and company had some positive shifts and looked good for the first pre season game. It will be Interesting moving forward if Gaudette can keep it up which will provide some solid depth. Hagel reminds me of Gallagher from Montreal, never stops hustling, keeps his feet moving, provides energy and has a tremendous work ethic.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Thanks!
Jones was better than expected, Hagel was Hagel (again impressive), Gaudette has some hands on him....sorry to say I wasn't impressed with Dach's game at all...he looked slow and late most of the night and pitiful on faceoffs. I think he won one and it shocked me.

Nylander.....what a complete waste of God given talent, he should pay attention to Hagel's game. I've been pulling for him to come around but If he makes the team this year, someone needs to fire a puck into Bowman's skull.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Nylander is a waste of money and talent, Caleb was ok, Dach and company had some positive shifts and looked good for the first pre season game. It will be Interesting moving forward if Gaudette can keep it up which will provide some solid depth. Hagel reminds me of Gallagher from Montreal, never stops hustling, keeps his feet moving, provides energy and has a tremendous work ethic.

Completely agree on everything here. For his first game in over a year, I thought Toews looked solid too; although he did have a coverage mistake in the first period that left a Wing wide open in front of the net for a goal, if I remember right. I guess he thought Murphy needed help below the goal line, but he left his man wide open. Overall though, good game for his 1st in over a year for Toews.