Pre-Season Wrap Up & 2010 Preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punished

Liked Posts:
nice write up but i have issues with this whole "da Chin" thing people keep talking about. i mean yeah Bill did his thing in Pitt for 15 years and had good results..

but in what context is this accurate? the AFC Central wasn't exactly a power house division with the likes of teams like the Bengals, Browns, Oilers/Titans, and the new comer teams of Jacksonville and Baltimore...sure those teams had good seasons from time to time, it is expected for that to happen, but to say Bill Cowher lead the Steelers to great heights within a division like this is kind of eehhh...

Cowher was coaching in a weak division and it showed every time his team made it to the playoffs and lost. It took him 4 years to reach the Super Bowl and lost then took him 10 more years just to get back there and win finally.

so would bringing in Da Chin be a good thing in a tough division like the NFC North? who knows! maybe he will work some magic and transform this team into a serious contender, but saying that seems to remind me of every new head coach, OC, DC or position coach we have brought in before.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
nice write up but i have issues with this whole "da Chin" thing people keep talking about. i mean yeah Bill did his thing in Pitt for 15 years and had good results..

but in what context is this accurate? the AFC Central wasn't exactly a power house division with the likes of teams like the Bengals, Browns, Oilers/Titans, and the new comer teams of Jacksonville and Baltimore...sure those teams had good seasons from time to time, it is expected for that to happen, but to say Bill Cowher lead the Steelers to great heights within a division like this is kind of eehhh...

Cowher was coaching in a weak division and it showed every time his team made it to the playoffs and lost. It took him 4 years to reach the Super Bowl and lost then took him 10 more years just to get back there and win finally.

so would bringing in Da Chin be a good thing in a tough division like the NFC North? who knows! maybe he will work some magic and transform this team into a serious contender, but saying that seems to remind me of every new head coach, OC, DC or position coach we have brought in before.

Thanks. But honestly, would you rather have Cowher; a hard-nosed coach similar to Ditka running the Bears, or Lovie; the loveable, settling, soft-spoken coach?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

The Ravens weren't a 'newcomer' team.

Punished

Liked Posts:
The Ravens weren't a 'newcomer' team.

well not in the terms as an expansion team but the move from Cleveland to Baltimore is a big change..so relocated? does that work for you? :)

Punished

Liked Posts:
Thanks. But honestly, would you rather have Cowher; a hard-nosed coach similar to Ditka running the Bears, or Lovie; the loveable, settling, soft-spoken coach?

well to be honest i want results. it is not a matter of personality for me.

and it's hard to say if Cowher could replicate his performance in Pitt and then you have to wonder how long will it take him to get there with the team we have currently.

to transform into a power run team we are looking at a possible overhaul in the positions of wr/te and questionable factors regarding fb/rb's and linemen. the only clear cut position would be qb..

and then you have the defense..does he go with a 3-4, and what will it take for us to find the pieces for that to be successful?

there is a lot of questions when talking about Cohwer and his style in regards to what we have now.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:

and it's hard to say if Cowher could replicate his performance in Pitt and then you have to wonder how long will it take him to get there with the team we have currently.

to transform into a power run team we are looking at a possible overhaul in the positions of wr/te and questionable factors regarding fb/rb's and linemen. the only clear cut position would be qb..

and then you have the defense..does he go with a 3-4, and what will it take for us to find the pieces for that to be successful?

there is a lot of questions when talking about Cohwer and his style in regards to what we have now.

Well...could Colbert's drafting be worse compared to Angelo's? Could Cowher's knowledge be worse than Lovie's?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
well not in the terms as an expansion team but the move from Cleveland to Baltimore is a big change..so relocated? does that work for you? :)
We are getting there.....

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Agreed with a lot of this.

I would think, whomever is making the decision on a new coach bases the decision on what we currently have as opposed to what they would want to do. The former seems to be a lot easier.

In reality, you are probably looking at a 2-3 year type plan.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I hope they don't just go for a new coach. They need to clean the football operations. The McKaskies can be fine in charge they just need to hire a football involved team president and delegate football related decisions downward.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I hope they don't just go for a new coach. They need to clean the football operations. The McKaskies can be fine in charge they just need to hire a football involved team president and delegate football related decisions downward.

Sounds like another team in town, about three to four years ago. Not that I'm wishing anything awful on the McCaskey family, but I'd love to see some new faces in the front office.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

This.

When the Bears were winning, Lovie's calm demeanor kept everyone relaxed on the sidelines and kept the team from getting too high or too low.

Now that they're losing, Lovie's too soft, too much of a wimp, doesn't yell enough, insert other non-sensical argument here.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The bigger thing is, how long will it take Cowher to get the job done? If it's not happened by year 4, it won't happen in Chicago.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Not sure where to put this, but this thread is probably best:

According to Zach Zaidman's Twitter, Jerry Angelo to Bears season ticket holders that "we spent a goodly amount of money with offensive linemen."

Did I miss something? Or is he just counting Manumaleuna as an offensive lineman and calling it a day?

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:

According to Zach Zaidman's Twitter, Jerry Angelo to Bears season ticket holders that "we spent a goodly amount of money with offensive linemen."

Did I miss something? Or is he just counting Manumaleuna as an offensive lineman and calling it a day?
Jerry Angelo to season ticket holders at Walter Payton Center: "We spent a goodly amount of money with offensive linemen."
Twitter / Zach Zaidman: Jerry Angelo to season tic ...

He's lost it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The bigger thing is, how long will it take Cowher to get the job done? If it's not happened by year 4, it won't happen in Chicago.

True, but fans in this city dont even give a guy two years...Fans wanted Dikta fired for losing two preseason games in 1985 :rofl:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

As I've said in other threads - getting really hard to care about the Bears.

Punished

Liked Posts:

well unless my source is wrong and here is the link..

last year the Bears invested 26,625,915 in total salary to O-linemen...i would say that is a lot...

GB...13,514,547
Min...12,925,990
Det...27,745,950

amazingly the Teams in our division spending the most on linemen in Total Salary from last year were 3rd and 4th lol

now i am not a contract guru, so don't come back at me all pissy if i did something wrong here lol just point it out and we will go from there...

Status
Not open for further replies.