Predators looking to keep Chicago fans away.

Patatoe

Liked Posts:
http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks-talk/predators-looking-keep-blackhawks-fans-away

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Blackhawks fans heading to catch the defending Stanley Cup champions in Nashville next season are going to have a hard time getting tickets.

At least the Predators hope so.

According to a report from Section 303, the Predators are instituting a few measures to ensure that the fans buying tickets aren't the ones planning a road trip from Chicago. Fans, regardless of their affiliation, won't be allowed to purchase single-game tickets to any of the three games between the Blackhawks and Predators in Nashville. They'll be forced to buy tickets to a second game. And, during the pre-sale period, zip-code restrictions will be implemented.

[MORE: Chara joins his neighbor for Stanley Cup celebration]

“For Blackhawks games, we want to make sure that we preserve this building as much as we can for those who live in Smashville,” said Predators president and chief operating officer Sean Henry.

"What it’s going to do by forcing another game is we’ll almost direct it toward people that live in the general area, for the most part. And (for the pre-sale) only those in the zip codes that we unlock can buy the Blackhawk game and a second game. So we’re breaking down every barrier we can to Keep the Red Out.”

Henry and the Predators seem hell bent on avoiding scenes from last season, when Bridgestone Arena was filled with red-sweatered Blackhawks fans. Of course, all their plans could crumble if Blackhawks fans remain persistent.

“They’re going to have to earn it,” Henry said. “And they’re going to help us continue to grow our roster by building our (revenue at the) gate. It’s that simple. In the end, we’re building something pretty special. If we have to do it off the backs of their fans a little bit, I’m not apologizing for it."

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's a stupid idea.
I would think that the Blackhawks could take this to the league. Not because of the concept of keeping Blackhawk fans out, but the revenue concept. Opposing teams make a share of the revenue from ticket sales. So if Nashville fails to sell the tickets, wouldn't the Blackhawks be able to make a case that the Predators owe them revenue?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
LOL such Bullshit.

Think about if Phoenix tried that lol, may set an all-time attendance low.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
We don't want increased revenue for our team and city that night... Okay have it your way.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL. It's fucking Nashville. If they are not the most boring team in the league, then they are at least in the top three. They should be glad that anyone, anywhere is willing to fill a seat.

:enough:

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not our fault thier fans suck, honestly that's embarrassing.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a bunch of pussies they have running the marketing department. Herp derp lets not have the place sell out when the Stanley Cup champs come to town just so that there aren't any Hawks fans.

Also...not that hard to google zip codes and put in a fake one.

Nashville is a joke. A fucking joke.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Predators organization has zero control over the secondhand markets like Stubhub. This is hilarious and all, but ultimately it won't mean much of anything. There's still going to be a ton of red in Nashville.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the billing address on the credit card has to match a Nashville/Tennessee area.

It said zip code so I guess that's just what I thought of right away. Credit card billing makes sense.

But just because the fans from Chicago are kept out doesn't mean there aren't Hawks fans in the "allowed" areas. I think that a lot of the reason for the Hawks fans travelling so well is that there are a lot of them spread out in the United States.

I can't wait to see them play the Preds and still see tons of red and not a lot of that ugly yellow.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stupid....the fans are willing to pay your sorry ass organization money,something which obviously their fan base isn't doing.

You never turn away someone with cash. Plus, the idea is stupid. Its worth saying twice.

Liked Posts:
Terrible business move.....it's not Hawks fans fault that

1. The Preds suck and
2. People there prefer Titans and SEC football

....fucking crybabies

Franko725

Liked Posts:
And here I was thinking about buying tickets for one of the games down there this season. Not a bad drive from my place at all, and Nashville is a lot of fun anyway.

The Preds just suck regardless.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And here I was thinking about buying tickets for one of the games down there this season. Not a bad drive from my place at all, and Nashville is a lot of fun anyway.

The Preds just suck regardless.

Fansnap.com has you covered.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Bear fans took over the their football stadium last year and Blackhawk fans always show up in Nashville... It is an indictment of their lousy fan base...