Predict Bears First Shutout This Season

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Considering how good this Bears defense is we should be expecting them to dish some shutouts. After all every truly great defense has a couple games where they completely shut teams out with that big fat ZERO.

Who will be the Bears first victim?

I'll go first!

My pick is the Jets. It's in Chicago. They are not a very good team. They have a rookie QB. It's right after the Patriots game, which might piss the team off if they lose and give up a bunch of points or give them more of a load of confidence after facing Brady and having success. Any way you slice it Sam Darnold is ripe to walk into Chicago in October and have nightmares of monsters in his head thereafter as those monsters completely destroy the dude from start to finish. Welcome to the NFL, kid!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
This week no team will score any points on the Bears defense /thread.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I could see it being the Dolphins, they'll be coming off a game at Cincy while the Bears will have had a few weeks to prepare for them. Tannehill has been playing like garbage and while they do have some good receivers it won't matter if Tannehill is missing them and holding the ball to long. Their running game isn't much to fear even with Gore in the backfield and they're 26th in the league at rushing coming up against the 10th ranked rushing defense. Their offensive line sucks too. I think if any game they have a chance for a shutout it would be this one. It would also destroy my theory that the Bears play like shit in Miami while having a good season, so I hope they do shutout the phins.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
The way Buffalo is playing week 9 might have a shot.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
We will not give up any points this Sunday...

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Not sure why the bears need a shutout to validate how good they are?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the Patriots or Rams might shut us out. Probably not anyone else.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Possibly, with our d and Nagy's TOP we are a real candidate.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Fangios has a bend don’t break defense. That scheme gives up FGs. If they do get one it will be against the Bills.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
They won't shut anyone out. They do give up some big pass plays. Plus the Bears turn the ball over themselves quite a bit. Plus the Bears prevent defense is pretty bad. They will give up 10 to 13 points in probably a handful of games or more but not a shutout.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Packers managed to shut out the Bills, so I'd say they're the best bet. Potentially the Giants given that they've been playing like McAdoo is still coaching them. Lots and lots of check downs and very short routes for OBJ. But that game is still 9 weeks away and Barkley's been very good, so they should be better by then. Maybe the 9ers if they've packed it in by the last few weeks. Those would be the only games I can see with any possible potential for a shut out. Even then, I don't think it's likely. Still play the Vikes and Lions twice, the Pats, Packers and Rams. I don't see the Bears shutting any of them out. I think we'll crush the Jets but I think their O will still manage to score a few. Dolphins I have no idea because they're hard to read right now.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see it being the Dolphins, they'll be coming off a game at Cincy while the Bears will have had a few weeks to prepare for them. Tannehill has been playing like garbage and while they do have some good receivers it won't matter if Tannehill is missing them and holding the ball to long. Their running game isn't much to fear even with Gore in the backfield and they're 26th in the league at rushing coming up against the 10th ranked rushing defense. Their offensive line sucks too. I think if any game they have a chance for a shutout it would be this one. It would also destroy my theory that the Bears play like shit in Miami while having a good season, so I hope they do shutout the phins.

This. For all reasons above +

Last time they played in MIA, Bears shut em out 17-0, so they've got that going for them, which is nice.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
They won't shut anyone out. They do give up some big pass plays. Plus the Bears turn the ball over themselves quite a bit. Plus the Bears prevent defense is pretty bad. They will give up 10 to 13 points in probably a handful of games or more but not a shutout.

The Bears have 3 turnovers in 4 games. That is not “quite a bit.”