Problems for Soler continue

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Earlier in the month he got a 5 game suspension for rushing the opponents dugout brandishing a bat and now he has been benched for failure to hustle.

And yet this is the player that many are positive will turn into an All Star major league player.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bat incident worries me far more than the benching for not hustling. I like that the organization is benching him now, and hopefully this sends the message now as opposed to here. Ultimately if he hits, he will make it to Chicago. If he doesn't, he won't.

Pepe Silvia

Where's my mail?
Liked Posts:
Yeah I went to a Daytona game last week and he had a sure infield single down the 3B line, but he basically walked to first and was out. That rubbed me the wrong way.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
We should hurry and package him up in a deal right now for Giancarlo Stanton haha.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still a big time prospect. This is worrisome and needs to be watched, but if he keeps hitting. I am sure the Cubs will overlook some things just like every other team. Lets hope its just an age thing. I am not sold on him being the next great Cub, but he will def. see the major leagues barring injury. The Cubs will give him every oppurtunity in the next couple of years.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stanton is in a waste land and wants out so bad. He would look incredible in a Cubs uni, but I dont even think we have enough to get him. It would take Castro, Shark, and top minor leaguers or something along those lines and it would be counter productive to trade Shark or Castro unless you have bonafide replacements that can fill their shoes and the Cubs do not have that.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Sheffield would look like a war zone with all the bombs Stanton would drop hitting in Wrigley.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stanton is in a waste land and wants out so bad. He would look incredible in a Cubs uni, but I dont even think we have enough to get him. It would take Castro, Shark, and top minor leaguers or something along those lines and it would be counter productive to trade Shark or Castro unless you have bonafide replacements that can fill their shoes and the Cubs do not have that.
Shark and Castro cost too much for the Marlins. Maybe they would take Castro since he is locked up pretty reasonably, but I doubt Loria forks over even that modest cash. It would be guys like Baez, Soler, Almora, Vizcaino, Johnson, etc. that they would ask about, and I am pretty certain that the Rangers and Cardinals could offer a lot more that is closer to the big leagues than the Cubs could unfortunately.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cardinals could land anyone they wanted in the league. I am just glad that no one thinks they will go after Price because they would not want to pay what he would be asking for a contract. If they did, the Cardinals could blow everyone out of the water with their offer.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Earlier in the month he got a 5 game suspension for rushing the opponents dugout brandishing a bat and now he has been benched for failure to hustle.

And yet this is the player that many are positive will turn into an All Star major league player.

Maybe he just can't read. What happened to this Cubs Way, book of basics, and landing players that "fit the mold"?

I guess when you're a millionaire already it just doesn't matter much what the book says.

If he's not hungry to be a great player at this stage then it's time to send him down the road and cut your losses.

Pathetic.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Boy blunder to the rescue...

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Just about everything Boy Blunder has touched, as a Cub, has turned to pure shit.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
To get Stanton: Castro, Soler, Vogelbach and Jokisch would be a solid offer. I would also go after Headley: Cabrera, Alcantara, Shoulders. Sell high on some. Line up would look sick. And no error machine at SS.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Sounds to me like a kid that thinks that he is too good to be at the minor league level that he is at. A nice wake-up call for them to actually sit him down. Everyone needs to remember that he is still just a kid, and one that you know has been told that he is great his entire life. Hard for a kid that has been told that he is "amazing" his entire life to suddenly get stuck in A ball. He probably thinks that he should be on the big league club already.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
To get Stanton: Castro, Soler, Vogelbach and Jokisch would be a solid offer. I would also go after Headley: Cabrera, Alcantara, Shoulders. Sell high on some. Line up would look sick. And no error machine at SS.

Other teams would beat that and I still think it would be counter productive. You cant trade a young all star shortstop when you have no one to replace. Baez is having problems fielding as well and is a long way from a sure thing. You have to build a core not trade one for another. If we could get Stanton, it would be amazing but we would need it to be for minor leaguers and we dont have enough IMO.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They have been testing Watkins at SS some and Barney came up as a SS. We have to remember that Castro is a all star also. Soler a top 100 talent. Over all the team would be better after the trade. Baez would still be in the system.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would rather trade Castro over Baez. Castro lacks to power impact and for what he brings his errors are not worth it. If he was jacking 30/100 ontop of what he is bringing diffrent story. Still he has room to improve. But with Baez in the system I'd do it.

AmericanFlyer1

Liked Posts:

The problem is that he wanted to hit....it's just everyone wouldn't let him.

Of course, someone should inform him that bats are for hitting baseballs and not people....

I wonder if he would still want to hit? Hmmmmm

Looks like that "Cub's Way" has some interesting chapters to it after all.

Where's wrig when you need him??? lol