Prospect Buzz

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But Fowler said he would be shocked if he wasn't drafted 3 by Jax!

Then he should have put up more than 14 sacks in 3 years and run a better 3 cone. Fowler is a nice prospect, but I do not see a guaranteed top 5 pick type of talent. There are more question marks around him than Beasley in my world, especially if you are Jax and you do not require your LEO to cover, Fowler is surprising decent in coverage for a stocky guy.

Fowler
D. Smith

Or

White
Orchard

I do not think either is a bad call.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
What would a deal look like...??

If one of the OLB/rushers you like aren't available, i'd be willing to listen, but I am looking for an UNFAIR deal....not a fair one.

Remember, we don't have pressure on this regime to win right now, and that is a HUGE ADVANTAGE TO USE IN NEGOTIATIONS.

Remember, we don't have pressure on this regime to win right now, and that is a HUGE ADVANTAGE TO USE IN NEGOTIATIONS.[/QUOTE]

Polar had mentioned the deal buffalo did last year which was swapping first's(Buffalo's 16th pick for the 9th pick) a 2nd,3rd rounder and a late round pick. I'd imagine something along these lines...

Lets assume this deal...so bears trade 7th to dolphins for 14th pick and dolphins also give up 2nd rounder, 4th rounder and a 2016 3rd round pick

1st (dolphins) - randy gregory OLB (assuming he falls here due to pot)
2nd - kevin johnson CB
2nd (dolphins) - jake fisher OT
3rd - preston smith DE
4th - stefon diggs WR
4th (dolphins) - james sample S
5th - xavier williams NT
6th - anthony boone QB

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would ask the Dolphins for

1st
2nd
Future 4th

Or

1st
4th
2016 1st

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ethan Albright is saying that Winston to the Bucs has been decided.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also watched Oregon vs Florida St last night

Cameron Erving is a beast at C, a monster.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Kevin White - WR - Mountaineers
West Virginia WR Kevin White notes that he'll have private meetings "with at least the Tennessee Titans (No. 2 overall pick), New York Jets (#6), Chicago Bears (#7), New York Giants (#9) and St. Louis Rams (#10)," according to CBS Sports' Derek Harper.
Teams are doing their due diligence on both Kevin White and Amari Cooper during the final stretch before the draft. The Raiders at No.4, are being pegged as the team most likely to take the first wideout off the board. The 6-foot-2 5/8, 215-pound White has the ideal size, speed, and athleticism teams are looking for at the position, and has a strong shot at being a top 10 selection.
Source: CBS Sports Apr 9 - 2:50 PM

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Steven Nelson - DB - Beavers
Oregon State CB Steven Nelson did not miss a tackle in 2014, according to Pro Football Focus.
He is the only corner in this draft class to make that claim. "FSU’s P.J. Williams missed 18 total tackles, the most of any corner," writes Sam Monson. Nelson ranks highly on Josh Norris' board at No. 87 overall.
Source: Pro Football Focus Apr 10 - 10:37 AM

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Marcus Mariota - QB - Ducks
Charles Robinson spoke with one AFC personnel member who said the Redskins, Marcus Mariota connection is for leverage purposes only.
"They're trying to create leverage to get someone to [trade] up" the AFC source said. In fact, Robinson notes the Redskins reported interest has "drawn a collective eye-roll from multiple league sources." The great Charles Robinson tweeted earlier that if Jay Gruden was in charge of the final quarterback decision, Robert Griffin III would not be there. Needless to say, it is the owner's call.
Source: Yahoo Sports Apr 9 - 12:49 PM

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also watched Oregon vs Florida St last night

Cameron Erving is a beast at C, a monster.

Absolutely. He is my pick in the 2nd round for either Center or Tackle spot.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"CB sleeper? Tray Walker visits with 7 teams
Texas Southern CB Tray Walker has visited with seven teams, according to Aaron Wilson.
Those teams include the Ravens, Chiefs, Raiders, Packers, Seahawks, Dolphins and Falcons. Walker stands 6'2/195 lbs and ran the forty in 4.42 seconds. He also has a 36 1/2 inch vertical leap, a 10-7 broad jump, a 4.05 short shuttle and a 6.7 three-cone drill, per Wilson. We will be sure to check his game out this weekend.
Source: Baltimore Sun Apr 10 - 10:23 AM"

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Cedric Ogbuehi - T - Aggies

Some NFL OL coaches believe Texas A&M T Cedric Ogbuehi is the best prospect at his position in the 2015 class, according to Steve Palazzolo.

Palazzolo works for PFF and is one of the leading members of CFF, and both services meet with NFL coaches and personnel staffers. We aren't surprised byt the comment, as Ogbuehi is one of the more athletic tackles in the draft but does need to fix his punch timing in order to generate more strength. He has experience at both tackle spots and at guard.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Donovan Smith - T - Nittany Lions

Penn State T Donovan Smith visited the Eagles, according to Aaron Wilson.

We have not heard of many visits or workouts for Smith, but that might just be his agent's preference. Smith is a massive blocker who needs to use his size and strength to compensate for foot speed. We doubt he is selected before the third round.

Source: Baltimore Sun

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Ereck Flowers - T - Hurricanes

Miami T Ereck Flowers is the top T on "multiple (teams) boards," according to Peter Schrager.

Schrager notes he will be mocking Flowers as the top tackle in his next installment due to this information. We are amazed some teams view Flowers as the top tackle. The positives: he plays left tackle, looks agile for his size and has the mass to produce strength. However, his set is all over the place, leading to balance issues and his tendency to hug opponents minimizes that strength.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

The Titans "brass" sees Zach Mettenberger as a "poor man's Tom Brady," according to David Climer of the Tennessean.

"Look, I’m not telling you this is what should happen. I’m just telling you what will happen," Climer writes, stating Mettenberger will be the starter to open the season. The writer does not agree with the Titans' reported conclusion, but adds "I’m just not buying that the Titans will draft a quarterback at No. 2." Other than being a sixth-round quarterback who theoretically wins inside the pocket, we aren't sure of many similarities Mettenberger and Brady have. Mett has a slow process and finished the last two seasons injured.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

Oregon QB Marcus Mariota had a pre-draft visit with the Chicago Bears the first week of April, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Bears have the seventh overall selection in the draft, and most likely, would have to trade up to get Mariota if they were serious. In the offseason, it looked like the Bears we're ready to move forward with Jay Cutler, but the Bears could just be doing their due diligence, in the case that Mariota were to fall into their laps at No. 7.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Cedric struggled mightily at left tackle. I like his upside though.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Charles Robinson spoke with one AFC personnel member who said the Redskins, Marcus Mariota connection is for leverage purposes only.
"They're trying to create leverage to get someone to [trade] up" the AFC source said. In fact, Robinson notes the Redskins reported interest has "drawn a collective eye-roll from multiple league sources." The great Charles Robinson tweeted earlier that if Jay Gruden was in charge of the final quarterback decision, Robert Griffin III would not be there. Needless to say, it is the owner's call.
Source: Yahoo Sports Apr 9 - 12:49 PM

What does this mean? I collective eye roll cause their bluff is so obvious? And what leverage are they talking about? What leverage does Washington gain by making people think they want Mariota? I don't get it.