Prospect Buzz

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
What does this mean? I collective eye roll cause their bluff is so obvious? And what leverage are they talking about? What leverage does Washington gain by making people think they want Mariota? I don't get it.

It is pretty silly. The way I interpret it is if Mariota falls to 5 they want to create the façade they will take him in hopes of trading down?

I think most teams understand if there is going to be a trade up it will likely be before the 5th pick anyways. There are a few teams rumored to be interested in trading up and if they are serious I doubt they wait and see if he lasts until 5 to trade with the skins.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What does this mean? I collective eye roll cause their bluff is so obvious? And what leverage are they talking about? What leverage does Washington gain by making people think they want Mariota? I don't get it.

Big conspiracy theory is that they are trying to make sure that someone goes into the top 5 so the Eagles don't.

The Eagles would struggle to get into the top 5, but with their picks they could get to 7-10.

Drive a team up to 2-3 to take him and he never sniffs the Eagles.

Tim foil hats.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is pretty silly. The way I interpret it is if Mariota falls to 5 they want to create the façade they will take him in hopes of trading down?

I think most teams understand if there is going to be a trade up it will likely be before the 5th pick anyways. There are a few teams rumored to be interested in trading up and if they are serious I doubt they wait and see if he lasts until 5 to trade with the skins.

You're giving the Skins way too much credit.

IMO- they'll take Mariota if he's there.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
You're giving the Skins way too much credit.

IMO- they'll take Mariota if he's there.

Scot McCloughan is not stupid enough to do that with his first pick as Redskins GM. RG3 still has powerful supporters in the organization, principally Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen, who engineered the trade. Mariota would be a middle finger to those guys.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Scot McCloughan is not stupid enough to do that with his first pick as Redskins GM. RG3 still has powerful supporters in the organization, principally Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen, who engineered the trade. Mariota would be a middle finger to those guys.

Gruden gave them the middle finger by giving up on RGIII weeks into the season...yet he still has a job.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

Not necessarily true, I can actually see the 5th spot being an ideal place for teams to make a trade. Cleveland and St Louis are too far back in the draft to make a real run at the #2 spot. Even with two mid round picks, I don't think Cleveland will make some ridiculous RG3 type deal. Chicago likes Mariota but not enough to move up to 2. Jacksonville and Oakland don't need a QB and I think would be content on just taking their highest rated player rather than trade down.

Washington at 5 then becomes a hot commodity because the Jets will probably take him at 6 and it will be in more of the Rams/Browns/Bears price range.

Chicago probably only needs to give up a 3rd or a 4th to move from there.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Prospects prospects prospects. I'm personally pulling for a WR

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What kind of buzz exactly? Do you smoke prospect or snort it? Shoot it?

Liked Posts:
Random vodka thoughts:

#1) I've been on the Beasley train since way back, and I'm kinda bummed because I don't think he will be available at #7 now :-/

#2) Super jazzed for Tevin Colenan's pro day this Wednesday. I am a big Forte fan and have his jersey- I probably only pale in comparison to Bearmick in my appreciation for that man. However, I just don't see how we can pass on this kid at #39. If he stays healthy I see 5 pro bowls in his future easy. I don't think he will run a Perriman 40, but his highlights look like tecmp bowl FFS.... If he runs a 4.4 flat (hand timed) please jump in this kid in round 2. If he runs a 4.5+ (injury to keep in mind) all the better because he falls in round 3. For those of you wanting to wait on a RB, keep in mind two things: Forte is a Camry w/ 221,000 miles on him and this is definitely his last year as the lead RB for CHI. Secondly, do you want an average back or a special back ?

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Because Jeffery is unproven as a #1 and ccs hero Marquez hasn't done anything.
Hero because as a true freshman and sophomore he racked up 1000 yards receiving in a big time conference. Going into his junior year was on the Biletnikoff watch list. Before he quit on his team he was on Kipers top 50 big board. Nobody likes a quitter and it obviously hurt his stock as he slid to the 7th round.

Barely played as a 20/21 yearold rookie as he worked his way to the 4th receiver on the depth chart.

Last year he damn near missed the whole year with a broken collerbone.

6-3 receiver who isnt raw, good hands, good speed, and has a knack to make a play on the ball.

Jeffery hasnt proven himself yet? He just had a record breaking year #2. In year #3 he just put up 85rec 1100 yards 10 TD on a horrible dysfunctional team.
Fitz as a example hasnt seen 85+ catches in 4 years and hasnt went over 1000 yards in 3 years. Alson last 2 years put him as a top 10 receiver.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Thing is, having other teams not knowing your plans is a good thing regardless of how inept you look doing that.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Hero because as a true freshman and sophomore he racked up 1000 yards receiving in a big time conference. Going into his junior year was on the Biletnikoff watch list. Before he quit on his team he was on Kipers top 50 big board. Nobody likes a quitter and it obviously hurt his stock as he slid to the 7th round.

Barely played as a 20/21 yearold rookie as he worked his way to the 4th receiver on the depth chart.

Last year he damn near missed the whole year with a broken collerbone.

6-3 receiver who isnt raw, good hands, good speed, and has a knack to make a play on the ball.

Jeffery hasnt proven himself yet? He just had a record breaking year #2. In year #3 he just put up 85rec 1100 yards 10 TD on a horrible dysfunctional team.
Fitz as a example hasnt seen 85+ catches in 4 years and hasnt went over 1000 yards in 3 years. Alson last 2 years put him as a top 10 receiver.

Is the bolded about Wilson? Do you ever get tired of being wrong? He played plenty last year and looked terrible.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
When are pro days over for all schools? I am surprised it isn't already this close to the draft.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

What a lot of people are forgetting is that it's not D.Snyder making the calls anymore and they now have a legit GM in McCloughan making the decisions now.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 11m11 minutes ago
Mario Edwards visiting Cowboys and Bears, according to a league source