Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Breshad Perriman has the highest bust probability of all the 1st round receivers IMO. He seems to have stiff hips and slower feet so route running may never be great.

I dont understand the Bryant comparison at all.

Well Greg Gabriel is the second pro talent evaluator to make that comparison. Gil Brandt has been saying it for awhile. Maybe it is because he's big, fast and physical.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Everybody faps to 40 times but we see this every damn year.... guy runs a super fast 40 and busts big time in the NFL.

Have you ever seen him play? He's hardly Stephen Hill. His high drop rate has some correlation to the horrendous QB play at UCF this year.

Here's one of his 2013 drops.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ucf-receiver-breshad-perriman-carted-off-vicious-hit-032306023--ncaaf.html;_ylt=A0LEVvL2ISxVeFcAS6UnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTEzM2pkdDNiBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1lIUzAwMl8x

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Have not watched enough Perriman to talk on him intelligently.

But it would be a holy **** pick.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Jason Goff on the Score this morning said his Bear contact told him they are talking to the teams (Saints and Browns) that have multiple first round picks about a trade down. He mentioned Dupree as a possible target. If they traded with the Browns and took Dupree there's a chance Perriman could be there at 19. I'm sure they would consider the Dolphins too, if the price was right. This draft should be interesting for sure.

instanut :cum:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Have not watched enough Perriman to talk on him intelligently.

But it would be a holy **** pick.

Certainly, it would be at 7. I graduated from UCF and have seen almost every game he's played the last two years. I think he has an upside like White but he'll need some work. He has to be a component of a Pace trade down scenario. I don't think there is any chance he's there at 39. You should hear Michael Irvin talk about him. He's a little biased because Brett Perriman is one of his best friends but he still can identify WR talent and potential.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Wilson hasn't proven Dick in the NFL period. Couldn't catch a cold last year. Marshall being released had nothing to do with him.

'Cooper ain't beating out Wilson'.

Most ridiculous shit I've heard on here in some time. Besides your other gems which can be hard to top but you manage from time to time.
Wilson out stats Cooper this coming season. Its that a ridiculous comment also or am i gonna get a bunch of excuses on him being a rookie. Remember Cooper is a cant miss superstar and Wilson is a 7th round pick.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Wilson out stats Cooper this coming season. Its that a ridiculous comment also or am i gonna get a bunch of excuses on him being a rookie. Remember Cooper is a cant miss superstar and Wilson is a 7th round pick.
A ton of receivers havent done shit there first 2 years.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

If they draft Cooper, Wilson will instantly become the WR 4. He'll have to catch a ton of balls from the 4 wide to "out stat" Cooper.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
A ton of receivers havent done shit there first 2 years.

That's true. But the CLEAR majority of receivers that didn't do anything their first two years in the league also never did anything after those two years.

I honestly don't know what to expect from Wilson. He hasn't really convinced me of anything thus far.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
If they draft Cooper, Wilson will instantly become the WR 4. He'll have to catch a ton of balls from the 4 wide to "out stat" Cooper.
Guess we will just see how the draft plays out. My money is on Wilson tops Cooper stat wise in all 3 categories. Rec, Yards, TD.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Guess we will just see how the draft plays out. My money is on Wilson tops Cooper stat wise in all 3 categories. Rec, Yards, TD.

That is going to be tough to do. If the Bears draft Cooper, Wilson drops to #4 and the 6th option including Forte out of the backfield. If Cooper goes to say the Raiders he instantly becomes their #1 and will receive a ton of targets, so either way it will be very hard for Wilson to outpace Cooper in any statistical measure.

If the Bears are truly moving towards a more run heavy O to limit turnovers then there will be even less opportunities for Wilson if Cooper is on the roster.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
If the Bears draft Perriman anywhere in the first round start the clock on Pace being fired as GM because that would be an awful pick. I can think of like 6 other receivers I'd take over. Perriman but none of them are as hyped because they didn't run a hand timed 4.27 40-yard dash at the UCF pro day.

Perriman has awful hands, does not play as fast as his 4.27 40 time, is an awful route runner, and does not play as physical as his size would indicate he should. A guy like Jaelen Strong plays like he's 6-4 230-pounds, wins physically but is a smidgen below 6-3. Just because a player measures up well doesn't mean they use that size to beat opponents. Same with Perriman's speed, he's not running past guys like he's one of the fastest players in the NFL or college football. Amari Cooper plays faster than he was timed at the NFL Combine.

Perriman would be an awful awful mistake.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
If the Bears draft Perriman anywhere in the first round start the clock on Pace being fired as GM because that would be an awful pick. I can think of like 6 other receivers I'd take over. Perriman but none of them are as hyped because they didn't run a hand timed 4.27 40-yard dash at the UCF pro day.

Perriman has awful hands, does not play as fast as his 4.27 40 time, is an awful route runner, and does not play as physical as his size would indicate he should. A guy like Jaelen Strong plays like he's 6-4 230-pounds, wins physically but is a smidgen below 6-3. Just because a player measures up well doesn't mean they use that size to beat opponents. Same with Perriman's speed, he's not running past guys like he's one of the fastest players in the NFL or college football. Amari Cooper plays faster than he was timed at the NFL Combine.

Perriman would be an awful awful mistake.

I'm with this comment completely. I'm not in on the Perryman-hype at all. Luckily I think Pace is too smart to take him at #7, and some other dumb GM probably has taken Perryman before our next pick.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Daniel Jeremiah and Charles Davis talks about the Bears' upcoming draft:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000485169/Draft-War-Room-Chicago-Bears?campaign=facebook_video_bearsdraftwarroom

The thing I really noticed in this, is that they mentioned Tyeler Davison as a possibility in the 3rd round. He's probably my favorite 3rd day-sleeper, and he's a guy that I haven't really heard anyone mention in the media before now. But I don't really get why he hasn't been mentioned more. I know he's played against some questionable competition now and then playing for Fresno State, but his 8.5 sacks last year is still really impressive for a NT, considering how much attention Danny Shelton has gotten because of his 9 sacks.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Yes, that is a ridiculous comment. Most of what you say is ridiculous. And you seem to be the one forgetting Wilson was a 7th round pick, why you hold him on some pedestal is beyond me. He has shown nothing to suggest he can play at an NFL level. Are you Wilson?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

My money is on Eddie Royal topping Wilson in all 3 of those categories, and still being very far behind Cooper.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
My money is on Eddie Royal topping Wilson in all 3 of those categories, and still being very far behind Cooper.
Lets see where Cooper lands....You can scratch him off OAK list now.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
[VINE][/VINE]Adam Jahns - Cornerbacks? Florida Atlantic's D'Joun Smith has the #Bears' attention. Tomorrow's draft series tonight: chicago.suntimes.com/bears-football…
10:37pm - 13 Apr 15

"overlooked at Florida Atlantic have passed for cornerback D’Joun Smith. A successful pro day has turned into more meetings and workouts.

And another conversation with the Bears.

“We were joking and just talking about football,” Smith said Monday of his talk with the Bears after his pro day April 2. “We were just having a genuine conversation about football and stuff outside football, talking about life and everything. It was a really good conversation.”

It’s genuine because there’s familiarity. Before his pro day, Smith spoke with the Bears at the Senior Bowl and the NFL Scouting Combine."