Prospect Buzz

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. You can definitely make the case for a WR at 7 as you have done but I disagree with your assessment on a few of the guys. Ray and Gregory would be phenomenal picks at 7 (provided Gregory checks out off-field in Pace's estimation). I also really like Shelton but with the way Fangio's units have excelled without an emphasis on the position I can see your point about not drafting him at 7.

I don't see a S or OT worthy of a top 10 pick and have my doubts about Waynes at 7 as far as CB is concerned but I do see the upside with him.

Gregory would be a really great pick at #7 if it weren't for the marijuana-stuff. That stuff just scares me. But I really like him as a player, and I really like his upside. I even picked him over Cooper in the Danish GM Mock I was in. But that was before the news broke.

I just don't like Ray a whole lot. Yes, he produced crazy stats last year, and his motor is hard not to like. But somehow I just feel that he'll come up short of being worthy of a top 10-pick in the NFL.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@danpompei: 1. I think the Bears have done a lot more homework on others than Jameis Winston. I suspect his upcoming visit is just covering the bases.

@danpompei: 2. Talked with a lot of people about Jameis. Some love him, but I can tell you this: there is no consensus on him.

@danpompei: 3. I'll be really surprised if Jameis and Mariota aren't both off the board by pick No. 3.

@danpompei: 4. There are only two QBs in this draft that many NFL teams believe will be NFL starters. Not a good year to find a developmental QB.

@danpompei: 5. NFL scouts like Randy Gregory way more than any other pass rusher in this draft. They also are still wondering if they can trust him.

@danpompei: 6. If the Bears take a pass rusher at 7, I'm starting to suspect it might not be best available player (assuming it's not Gregory).

@danpompei: 7. Scouts tell me there are 15 WRs in this draft who will make NFL impacts. It's the best position for depth. I'd take one early and often.

@danpompei: 8. In the WR class, I have come to think Amari Cooper will be drafted ahead of Kevin White after not being sure for awhile.

@danpompei: 9. Thinking Utah's Eric Rowe is going to be taken higher than a lot of people suspect, and a number of teams like him best at S, not CB.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
@danpompei: 4. There are only two QBs in this draft that many NFL teams believe will be NFL starters. Not a good year to find a developmental QB.

@danpompei: 5. NFL scouts like Randy Gregory way more than any other pass rusher in this draft. They also are still wondering if they can trust him.

#4: This is what I've been thinking this whole draft process through. I usually have a personal favorite at QB, but this year there's just no one I really like.

#5: If it weren't for the marijuana-stuff, Gregory would possibly be my #1 edge-rusher in this draft too, in competition with Beasley.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"Aaron Leming @AaronLemingNFL · 10h 10 hours ago
Add QB Garrett Grayson to the list of prospects due in sometime this week for the #Bears."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Have the Bears met with Petty. Love his arm but he looked a bit nervous in the pocket. Of course having a couple cracked vertebrae will do that to you. Always been my #3.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@AllbrightNFL: Jags on Vic Beasley, Falcons on Dupree is what I've heard, take that how you will.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
@AllbrightNFL: Jags on Vic Beasley, Falcons on Dupree is what I've heard, take that how you will.

Beasley makes sense for the Jaguars. I don't like him as a 34 OLB but as a LEO in their Hybrid scheme he is a perfect fit.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@AllbrightNFL: Basically at this point, draft seems to be shaking out: 1. Winston 2. Leonard Williams 3. Vic Beasley 4. Amari Cooper 5. Marcus Mariota

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
@AllbrightNFL: Basically at this point, draft seems to be shaking out: 1. Winston 2. Leonard Williams 3. Vic Beasley 4. Amari Cooper 5. Marcus Mariota

Interesting. I would have thought Mariota and Williams would be switched if the draft unfolded this way. Maybe the Titans don't want to risk losing out on Williams even for additional picks.

AussieBear

Interesting. I would have thought Mariota and Williams would be switched if the draft unfolded this way. Maybe the Titans don't want to risk losing out on Williams even for additional picks.

idk if williams makes it past the raiders in a way if he gets to 4..

AussieBear

He very well may not. IMO they go with Cooper or White regardless of who is on the board.

i get that.. but with Crabtree.. plus streeter coming back from injury after showing promise, jones playing so so and a few other yougins i dont see the absolute need. i get surrounding carr with more talent, but if thats the case take gurley... they need rbs worse than wr on offense.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
i get that.. but with Crabtree.. plus streeter coming back from injury after showing promise, jones playing so so and a few other yougins i dont see the absolute need. i get surrounding carr with more talent, but if thats the case take gurley... they need rbs worse than wr on offense.

With the emphasis Del Rio put on surrounding Carr with weapons it just seems like a match made in heaven to get one of the top WR prospects to come out in years and I don't see the dumpster dive acquisition of Crabtree, or any of the holdovers at the position changing that.

As far as Gurley is concerned while he is the best RB prospect to come out in quite some time 4 is simply too high IMO for a RB, especially one that is still not healthy. With the depth of the RB crop this year the Raiders could go Cooper/White round 1 and address the position anywhere from rounds 2-4 with a guy like Abdullah, Ajaya, Yeldon, Cobb, Johnson, Coleman or Langford.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Good thing they can just get a good RB after the first round. Crabtree, Jones, and Streeter is a pathetic group of WRs.