Prospect Buzz

AussieBear

i get that.. but with Crabtree.. plus streeter coming back from injury after showing promise, jones playing so so and a few other yougins i dont see the absolute need. i get surrounding carr with more talent, but if thats the case take gurley... they need rbs worse than wr on offense.

but id probably take the wr personally..

AussieBear

With the emphasis Del Rio put on surrounding Carr with weapons it just seems like a match made in heaven to get one of the top WR prospects to come out in years and I don't see the dumpster dive acquisition of Crabtree, or any of the holdovers at the position changing that.

As far as Gurley is concerned while he is the best RB prospect to come out in quite some time 4 is simply too high IMO for a RB, especially one that is still not healthy. With the depth of the RB crop this year the Raiders could go Cooper/White round 1 and address the position anywhere from rounds 2-4 with a guy like Abdullah, Ajaya, Yeldon, Cobb, Johnson, Coleman or Langford.

true..

or they could take the best defender there.. get a wr in the 2nd and a rb in the 3rd. they have holes too.. they arent winning this year regardless..

AussieBear

Good thing they can just get a good RB after the first round. Crabtree, Jones, and Streeter is a pathetic group of WRs.

as bad as their wrs are, their rbs are worse. help the kid under center and run the rock

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
true..

or they could take the best defender there.. get a wr in the 2nd and a rb in the 3rd. they have holes too.. they arent winning this year regardless..

Absolutely. Plenty of directions they could go. The scenario you outlined is probably how I would personally address it as there is depth to the WR and RB positions and you can get an impact defender at 4 to go with Khalil Mack but I still believe they will go with one of the two top WRs round 1.

AussieBear

Absolutely. Plenty of directions they could go. The scenario you outlined is probably how I would personally address it as there is depth to the WR and RB positions and you can get an impact defender at 4 to go with Khalil Mack.

but like you said.. its hard to pass up that wr.. when they have a bunch of # twos on their roster. it will be interesting to see how they play it. if Big Al was there,it wouldnt be white or cooper.. perriman come on down.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
as bad as their wrs are, their rbs are worse. help the kid under center and run the rock

It's a lot easier to upgrade the RB position via free agency, trades, or mid round picks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jason Goff on the Score this morning said his Bear contact told him they are talking to the teams (Saints and Browns) that have multiple first round picks about a trade down. He mentioned Dupree as a possible target. If they traded with the Browns and took Dupree there's a chance Perriman could be there at 19. I'm sure they would consider the Dolphins too, if the price was right. This draft should be interesting for sure.

I'm down with the trade down.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Have you ever seen him play? He's hardly Stephen Hill. His high drop rate has some correlation to the horrendous QB play at UCF this year.

Here's one of his 2013 drops.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ucf-receiver-breshad-perriman-carted-off-vicious-hit-032306023--ncaaf.html;_ylt=A0LEVvL2ISxVeFcAS6UnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTEzM2pkdDNiBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1lIUzAwMl8x

How much can how the QB plays have to do with a WR dropping a ball?? If the ball hits him in the hands then it should be caught.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Yea, so Coleman's probably in the Danny Shelton-range.

Meant more like 4.4-4.5 but thanks for the sarcasm.

cz589.gif

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Meant more like 4.4-4.5 but thanks for the sarcasm.

No problem, mate.

Sarcasm aside, I think he's somewhere around the 4.45 mark on the combine track, give or take .05 or so

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 9m9 minutes ago
Some Potentially Risky Selections in the 2015 NFL Draft http://shar.es/1gL4hG via @footballpost

"Randy Gregory – OLB/DE – Nebraska

Gregory came out and publicly admitted that he tested positive for marijuana at the Combine. That alone puts up a red flag. Every player that goes to the Combine knows that he will be drug tested. If a person tests positive he is either stupid or has a problem.

That said, sources have also told me that Gregory has been less than impressive in interviews and some question his focus and overall mindset.

Gregory is a talented edge pass rusher and if he hadn’t tested positive, he would have definitely been a top 10 selection. Now I would just be guessing as to what area of the first round he gets selected. While I am sure he will still be a first round pick, the team that selects him has to be a bit nervous as Gregory begins his NFL career."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/some-potentially-risky-selections-in-the-2015-nfl-draft/

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

TheDane

Liked Posts:
To me it smells badly of a girl that just waited to this moment (shortly before the draft) to get even more attention than she would otherwise.

I'm not saying she's an attention whore, as I really have no idea. But the timing of this lawsuit could definitely be interpreted that way.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
This is not going to help Winston.

"Erica Kinsman sues NFL prospect Jameis Winston

Matt BakerMatt Baker, Times Staff Writer

Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:50pm

"Former Florida State star quarterback Jameis Winston has been sued over a December 2012 sexual assault allegation."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/erica-kinsman-sues-nfl-prospect-jameis-winston/2225851

Just more for the selecting team to deal with. Court appearances, etc. that he will need to go to while with the team. Pass.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
To me it smells badly of a girl that just waited to this moment (shortly before the draft) to get even more attention than she would otherwise.

I'm not saying she's an attention whore, as I really have no idea. But the timing of this lawsuit could definitely be interpreted that way.

Smartly planned. How it is going to hurt him the most, right before the draft? Not sure it will affect his draft status though but I am sure this is how she is trying to get back at him for what he did. There there is the money thing too so there is that.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Smartly planned. How it is going to hurt him the most, right before the draft? Not sure it will affect his draft status though but I am sure this is how she is trying to get back at him for what he did. There there is the money thing too so there is that.

Smart for sure... It just might be enough to make the Glazers pass on this drama.