Pure conjecture -- three cures for the 2012 offseason

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just posted it up on the front page. Link here. As always, feedback and comments welcome!

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice :woot: I don't think the Cubs can get Headley but that's a nice thought to have :lol:

Pepe Silvia

Where's my mail?
Liked Posts:
I'd be really happy if the Cubs could acquire Marcum/McCarthy and Joe Blanton.

Trading for Headley could get really expensive, but who knows? Having him and Rizzo in the middle of the order would be pretty sweet.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Headley is expected to stay in SD, per Byrnes. I know it may just be a smokescreen, but I have to agree. I think he'll stay in SD and have a nice new contract.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I know, as of today, the Pads and Headley have yet to discuss an extension. As I mentioned in the article, those are both hypothetical trades. With the history of each team having a frugal approach, they might be willing to take back prospects in order to not have to pay for him.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Headley and two rotation upgrades would make next year's club a lot more fun to watch. I just think the price on Headley is going to be ridiculous given the dreck out there at 3B. I think signing Eric Chavez is a lot more likely as a short term upgrade and wait for Baez, Villanueva, etc. develop.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know, as of today, the Pads and Headley have yet to discuss an extension. As I mentioned in the article, those are both hypothetical trades. With the history of each team having a frugal approach, they might be willing to take back prospects in order to not have to pay for him.

Yes, that's correct, no discussions has taken place. But it could start very soon and we could hear news sooner than thought. The Pads nailed Quentin's and Street's extension is good pace.